The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you also get increased lag whenever there is a ballgroup nearby?

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Absolutely. Ground bugs and spin-to-win ball group sucks the life out of the server as well as the desire to play.

I just wonder, are their buttons broken? The rest of us use up to 10 skills and the occasional ultimate. Maybe they don't know how to play?

Ya, I have no respect for 1-2 button ball groups. Deal with it.

Yeah I'm so tired to see ballgroups destroying 80players by spamming 2buttons. game should be harder
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Sotha
    Sotha
    ✭✭
    People, we play raid (as you name ball groups) from begining teso in 2014 years, why we must dont play as we like.
    Cyrodiil have lags from the beginning began. In all normal pvp games have group blobs fight , for examle Lineage and other... This content is normal for such game.
    The problem is that the company’s main aspect is PVE content and Lore content, because 70-80% players play in pve.
    If each of those who condemn has take in ball group, you will feel power of these, but not all are suitable for regular raids and complete submission to the realities of each patch. Most people play for fun, we play because we can kill any blob of enemy, we play without factions, we can play for any side AD,DC,EP, because we have all chars. We create many builds in each patch, bacause game has change constantly.
    At least we want the 4th faction in Сyrodil for raids to farm everyone on the map at once.
    Let it look like mercenaries. only group/guild queue.
    Member of Unfriendly Fire/Atherius Eight

AD / Sotha Sill / AR 37 / DK
    AD / Sotha Blade / AR 30 / Nightblade
    AD / Whatyouwant / AR 25 / Sorc
    AD/ Venrok Rednaskela / AR 20 / Templar
    EP/ Dagoth Sotha / AR 15 / Nightblade
    EP / Sotha Seht / AR 15 / DK
    DC / Sotha Sorc / Start / Sorc
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Now don't get me wrong, I far from disagree with you regarding ball groups. By zyks 'the sky is falling' estimation of the subject one would be inclined to think that ball group v ball group fights would basically set fire to your pc. Which is the complete opposite to what you will experience out there. Gvgs are the best examples. I have been a part of many gvg fights in the middle of nowhere with other ball groups of 16-24+.
    You need to work on your comprehension skills. At no point have I ever said ball groups are responsible for all the lag in Cyrodiil. Also, in case you haven't noticed, the sky fell in Cyrodiil years ago. The chicken littles have been replaced with masochists and pollyannas.
    What "Fix" are you talking about? (Also please use commas to make your sentences more understandable.)
    This is a player theory that ZOS denies.

There were widespread complaints about severe lag weeks before the patch in question. That patch happened to introduce a brutal client fps bug which took weeks to fix.

ZOS has said that the reason the game was less laggy early on was because most players were very low level with bad gear. They have pointed to the performance on the non-vet/sub-50 servers as an example of this because when they were popular and poplocked nightly, the servers weren't stressed as much as the level 50 campaigns. Plus if you watch the early videos, most players are very immobile without a clue about what they're doing. In short, lag increased as players became more capable of stressing the server.

Plus it's clear security was not significantly improved then as memory hacking and bots continue to be an issue today. The only difference is that we don't have memory hacking bots anymore because no one bothers to do that -- but both still happen individually, obviously.

Players have analysed the connection to the server and the biggest drain on its performance is the ddos and client protection that they added in the "lighting patch" but keep beating the "it's the players fault" drum. As we see from all the cheating clips posted recently and back in the meteor spam days this protection does almost nothing other than drains performance.

I suggest you reroll a character to EU and check sotha and then tell me no cp doesn't lag as much.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 18, 2019 11:11AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now don't get me wrong, I far from disagree with you regarding ball groups. By zyks 'the sky is falling' estimation of the subject one would be inclined to think that ball group v ball group fights would basically set fire to your pc. Which is the complete opposite to what you will experience out there. Gvgs are the best examples. I have been a part of many gvg fights in the middle of nowhere with other ball groups of 16-24+.
    You need to work on your comprehension skills. At no point have I ever said ball groups are responsible for all the lag in Cyrodiil. Also, in case you haven't noticed, the sky fell in Cyrodiil years ago. The chicken littles have been replaced with masochists and pollyannas.
    What "Fix" are you talking about? (Also please use commas to make your sentences more understandable.)

There were widespread complaints about severe lag weeks before the patch in question. That patch happened to introduce a brutal client fps bug which took weeks to fix.

ZOS has said that the reason the game was less laggy early on was because most players were very low level with bad gear. They have pointed to the performance on the non-vet/sub-50 servers as an example of this because when they were popular and poplocked nightly, the servers weren't stressed as much as the level 50 campaigns. Plus if you watch the early videos, most players are very immobile without a clue about what they're doing. In short, lag increased as players became more capable of stressing the server.

Plus it's clear security was not significantly improved then as memory hacking and bots continue to be an issue today. The only difference is that we don't have memory hacking bots anymore because no one bothers to do that -- but both still happen individually, obviously.

Players have analysed the connection to the server and the biggest drain on its performance is the ddos and client protection that they added in the "lighting patch" but keep beating the "it's the players fault" drum. As we see from all the cheating clips posted recently and back in the meteor spam days this protection does almost nothing other than drains performance.

I suggest you reroll a character to EU and check sotha and then tell me no cp doesn't lag as much.

It's not always been like that Iza, Sotha performance got worse over the last 12 months.. before that it used to be better than Vivec...but sadly both campaigns on EU are abysmal nowadays :-(
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't said anything about no cp in this thread. Specifically, it was BWB that Brian Wheeler referenced as having a consistently lower server load compared to conventional campaigns with the same populations. This is when BWB was popular among experienced players.

While DDoS protection adds latency and active DDoS attacks can cause disconnects and extreme lag, that is not the same thing as server processing lag which is the main problem players complain about.

This like an evolving conspiracy theory. Brian's explanation is perfectly reasonable and he's the guy with access to all available facts. Plus memories change but forum rants last forever and players were ranting about AvA lag weeks after launch.

I wonder what possible reason you could have to downplay the role that player activity plays in server performance....
    Edited by zyk on March 18, 2019 11:59AM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This like an evolving conspiracy theory. Brian's explanation is perfectly reasonable and he's the guy with access to all available facts. Plus memories change but forum rants last forever and players were ranting about AvA lag weeks after launch.

I wonder what possible reason you could have to downplay the role that player activity plays in server performance....

Like the time they "presented the facts" of how much AP per hour people were earning and said no one earnt over 70k/h when people on EU were earning 150k ap/hr just standing in bleakers.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not always been like that Iza, Sotha performance got worse over the last 12 months.. before that it used to be better than Vivec...but sadly both campaigns on EU are abysmal nowadays :-(

It's got worse since zerg squad stopped playing :trollface: I guess it turns out ball groups are actually preventing worse performance
    @Solar_Breeze
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People don't understand that during a fight involving 16players away from their faction fighting 50+ enemies, the issue is the 50 players who don't know how to play 5years in the game and decide to spam light attacks and useless ultimates at ballgroups instead of negates and storms with proper builds which would end the fight much faster.

If you compare 16players in a ballgroup VS 16 disorganized players, the ballgroup definitely create more calculations on the server. This being said, I don't understand what's the problem with that. Are we trying to get ride of ballgroups? Is it supposed to be fun to have only 2 fights happening at once on the map on the transit line with massive zergs clashing on each other?
    Edited by frozywozy on March 18, 2019 2:07PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the only real ball groups left are stamina wardens running Ranger's Gait. They are so boring to fight if you encounter one you may as well go somewhere else. They don't really do anything except hold a 2 point keep or a 1 point outpost so going around and away is the best course of action and hope you don't get in their field of attention. Or I suppose you can log out of one faction and into another if it is a weekday to avoid the boredom attrition. Or simply log out. Bottom eyelids dragging across the ground boring.

If your faction doesn't have a group of something like 3 frost reach spammers and 5 dogs it will be a long night.
    Edited by Ruckly on March 25, 2019 8:29PM
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if people are going to cry about ballgroups in ashes of creation, well I guess I will find out in 2020 :trollface: