The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodil CP o noCP? Which one do you prefer and why?

• dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    noCP
    CP pvp more balanced than no CP? Please take me to this magical and upside down world of yours!
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP
    Biggest game is in CP and all my toons pack an elephant gun.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noCP
    Ruckly wrote: »
    Biggest game is in CP and all my toons pack an elephant gun.

Wouldn't really agree, atleast for EU.
    On no CP there are very few people below cp160. So almost everyone is on equal terms.
    On CP there are a ton of people below cp810, meaning you have an advantage in alot of fights. Which is probably a big reason why 1 v x seems easier on CP.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP
    CP because i found the green cp tree allows better overall gameplay for at least magicka builds.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP
    I prefer CP because I don’t feel like it’s a struggle to be in, and that there’s more going on than non-CP. Vivec on PC NA has constant action. I also have more freedom with builds in CP and don’t have to go all put with survival gear.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP
    As far as the campaigns, I prefer CP since they are populated on our server. Sotha is a dead campaign for the most part. Vivec typically has a que every night and Shor usually 3 bars, but pops fast. BGs I’m good with no CP.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Comment)
    I play both, as both offer some insight to the game that's important. In no CP the damage and Resistances aren't as far apart. But it lacks the ability to have hybrids.

In CP you can build a character still, but in combination with the weird algorithms it adds a strange power creep.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noCP
    Less ball groups = less lags = happy me.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP
    nice xD :)
    Looks like there is a tie between CP and no CP, it was to be expected.
    But I imagine that when ZOS will do an overhaul to the CP enabled(as they mentioned an hint) and perhaps to the no CP too, the results will be entirely different.
    Champion Point Update
    The Champion Point cap will not be increased for Update 21, or subsequent updates, until further notice. We are currently investigating the best direction to take the system to have healthier balance overall for the game.

Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noCP
    I like both tbh but my magblade does better in nocp and that happens to be my fav class
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    noCP
    Wing wrote: »
    I don't mind no CP and did have fun when they forced no CP on vivec and the other campaigns for a while.

however I prefer CP for continuity of gameplay. the rest of the game is CP and its how you build your character. a build for CP can all of a sudden be bad in no CP and vice versa and I don't want to make multiple builds.

that said if you or one of your characters lived in no CP I can see how that would not be an issue, but as it stands right now no CP is just disconnected from the rest of the game. hopefully they fix it with the CP pass and we can get one style of play across the ENTIRE game instead of blocking gameplay features in certain areas of gameplay because they are not good.

Strange. I prefer to not relocate all my CP every time I swap between PvE and PvP or Cyro and BG. Equipping just different sets is far more comfortable to me.

However, I prefer to play PvP where people actually die. It's also more of an equal footing.

If they somehow decide to delete no cp while the CP alternative is still similiar to now, I guess it's time for another break for me. Let's wait and see how their attempts play out.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noCP
    Performance is better in no CP it’s just a fact. And there are just fewer super tanky builds. Unfortunately Sotha is not occupied for most of the day so that means Vivec for those of us that play in weird time zones. The only thing I like about CP is that as a solo player you have a lot more resources to work with and it lets you pull of some things that are exponentially more difficult in no CP.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noCP
    During 2.7 (Homestead) the main 30 day CP enabled campaign (Trueflame) was converted to no CP for a week as part of the Cyrodiil Performance Test and Double AP Event. This allowed us to observe what no CP performance was like with the faction stacks and top ball groups of the 'main' campaign.

I preferred it and thought that performance was significantly better from the pov of a single target build. Despite the increased relative strength of proc sets, there was less cheese overall. The time to kill was lower and fights didn't drag on for as long. Others had different observations.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP
    I prefered soft caps but out of the 2 cp.

Soft caps were awesome. They just needed to optimize the combat scaling system back then so magic abilities scaled with spell damage/mag and opposite for stam. The removal of soft caps and addition of stat based CP scaling together are responsible for nearly every single broken build in the game. Many of these were simply not possible prior, with the softcap system.

However, realistically, we'll never go backwards to soft caps so it's pretty useless being nostalgic.

If you compare Non-CP vs CP instead, I'd say CP is definitely preferable. Non-CP is just too unforgiving for outnumbered play and annoying for sustain in modern day ESO. CP is much more manageable in both of these situations. The other side to the blade is that CP sometimes emboldens way too tanky and sustainable builds with far too much damage. The stats you can achieve in CP campaigns is worlds higher than we ever were able to before, creating this power creep where people get tankier, so we need to do more damage to kill them - and then we do more damage so they need to be tankier, ect. Vicious cycle. Dialing back CP to ~501 (negotiable) would probably stunt a lot of these issues and be a nice middle ground between the two.
    Edited by Jules on March 28, 2019 1:55AM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP
    CP enabled still has issues, but still more balanced than no CP.

More build diversity.

Try to answer to this question:

Why the CP Campaign ( Vivec) is (almost) full every time?
  • Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Comment)
    i like both, but in smallscale it feels like cp is so easy same for raiding. tho you can have some really Cancer builds in cp which is kinda annoying xD unless you Play such builds xD
    GM of former Slack Squad PvP Raid Guild
    Our Vids:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLwZNZlv8an4p-xNoboE7w

Characters:
    Zoe'la- AD Magplar AvA 50 x2.5
    Not Zoe'la- DC Magplar AvA 25
    Worst Healbot EU- EP Magplar AvA 20
    Diundriel- AD StamNB AvA 36
    Pugs Got Bombed- AD ManaNB AvA 36
    Cause we have dots- AD ManaSorc AvA 33
    Red Zergs Again- AD StamDen AvA 29
    Synergy Spam Bot- AD MagDK AvA 17
    Heals of Cyrodiil- AD ManaDen AvA 14
    Nawrina- DC StamDK AvA 26
    Not Ganking- StamNB PVE DD
    Stack Pls- DC ManaNB AvA 20
    Der Katzenmensch- AD AvA 30
    Der kleine Troll- DC StamDen AvA 24
    and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...