The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Salty players

Alienoutlaw
Alienoutlaw
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
not sure if anyone has had experience of this type of thing
i was with a group taking keeps tonight and we broke through the doors after taking some of the reds out above the door.......anyway we get to main door and the blues show up nothing new there i know, anyhoo there was 1 red above the main door that was in my inferno staff LA range so i did the right thing and hit him with it every time he poked his head up eventually killing him, next thing i get is a torrent of whispers saying he was reporting me and speaking to a GM and that i was in big trouble ect ect when asked why i was being reported they never answered.
now i dont cheat, i dont "spy" i have one faction (yellows) thats it, so is this common or have i done something i shouldnt?
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be a lag issue. i.e. It could be that although from your point of view their head popped out and you were able to target them, on their screen they might be positioned slightly differently, and thought they were far enough back not to be seen. As a result from their POV it would seem like you were able to target and shoot them through the floor they were stood on.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like when I when I get nailed by machine gun destroy clench by one guy.

I'm like holy crap how does that even happen?

I can accuse every sorc of being a cheater... But I'd rather chalk it up to lag. Because it probably is.

Dunno, that's cyrodiil for ya.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens always. People suck at PvP and they hate losing. The majority of people have no idea how to play, no interest in learning and will hate whisper and threaten to report anything they can’t handle. In this case light attacks. PvP is a trash can these days.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the worst people i've ever met in my life play this game, ive had more abuse from bullet proof keyboard warriors in pvp, and not one thing i can repeat.

IDK what it is about this game but if you're the type of person who sends these whispers you should be ashamed of yourself.

Another reason why we need active GM's
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^I believe these very people cannot even look others in the eye when confronted in their real lives. So they have to make up for it somehow.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m reporting you for making this thread.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First rule when getting whispers like that is to not reply. The only purpose it can serve is to fuel their rage rant.

They are just upset they died because of their stupidity and nothing more. It serves no purpose to reply to them and it will frustrate them more if they cannot get under your skill. But they will leave you alone faster if you just ignore them.

BTW, if they did suggest they were talking to a GM then they were a bigger fool than most that get worked up as he did. Only noobs would suggest they are talking to a GM about anything since we all know there is not a means to talk to a GM like that.
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    not gonna lie I definitely try to kill the salt with kindness and most of the time it works, whispers get less salty and more civil or they realise that your not getting flustered about it and stop replying

though there are some stubborn people out there that won't calm down no matter what
  • Bridges1120
    Bridges1120
    ✭✭
    I've yet to salt at / get salted at by anyone but I get the occasional gank-gloater. I just ignore them, and feel an inkling of pity that they're so attention starved they need negative attention to feel good.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First rule of getting a hate /w is reply l2p noob then screen shot the aftermath then share with friends on discord :D
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    First rule of getting a hate /w is reply l2p noob then screen shot the aftermath then share with friends on discord :D

Replying with a lol seems to really trigger their rage as well.
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like when they pm you with salt, talk mad junk, then block you.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His dad probably owns Bungie. Look out, OP.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one way to reply to a salty whisper. And that's by mailing them one potato, COD for one gold.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo horse ganking gets the best salt whispers. I play PvP mainly for all the hate whispers. If they do it I will find them and kill them again and again. Like a dog with a squeak toy, if it didn’t make noise they would lose interest quickly.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo horse ganking gets the best salt whispers. I play PvP mainly for all the hate whispers. If they do it I will find them and kill them again and again. Like a dog with a squeak toy, if it didn’t make noise they would lose interest quickly.

Enjoying competitive PvP is great, but this is just toxic.

If what gets you off in life is upsetting other people... well, I don't want to run afoul of the forum rules, but I hope you get it all out of your system in video games and don't act this way to people in real life.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »

I can accuse every sorc of being a cheater... But I'd rather chalk it up to lag. Because it probably is.

Staff has a bug where you can't target a player right, and when you do all the skills go off at once. Can't really blame players for that one, it's been around since Summerset and it's only gotten worse in Wrathstone. It's possible to do the same with 2H when you use 2H-staff combination. You can also do other things I won't discuss on the forums. Unless the person is doing it 100% of the time, I seriously doubt they're exploiting.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Zacuel wrote: »

Staff has a bug where you can't target a player right, and when you do all the skills go off at once. Can't really blame players for that one, it's been around since Summerset and it's only gotten worse in Wrathstone. It's possible to do the same with 2H when you use 2H-staff combination. You can also do other things I won't discuss on the forums. Unless the person is doing it 100% of the time, I seriously doubt they're exploiting.

If it can be done intentionally, it is exploiting.

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t get many kills as I am horrific in PvP. Relish every one. Drop the bag. Bust out the emotes. Do some weak push ups.

These kind of actions Should get a little salt. It’s understandable. Maybe normal.

This guy was just being a big weeeny though. Unless you’re leaving some things out.....

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hate tells are like badges of honour. I start to think I’m not playing well if I haven’t gotten one in a while.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    not sure if anyone has had experience of this type of thing
    i was with a group taking keeps tonight and we broke through the doors after taking some of the reds out above the door.......anyway we get to main door and the blues show up nothing new there i know, anyhoo there was 1 red above the main door that was in my inferno staff LA range so i did the right thing and hit him with it every time he poked his head up eventually killing him, next thing i get is a torrent of whispers saying he was reporting me and speaking to a GM and that i was in big trouble ect ect when asked why i was being reported they never answered.
    now i dont cheat, i dont "spy" i have one faction (yellows) thats it, so is this common or have i done something i shouldnt?

People throwing a fit in pvp is very normal for almost every game out there. The amount of salty whispers my frost mage got back in the day on WoW.
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭

If what gets you off in life is upsetting other people... well, I don't want to run afoul of the forum rules, but I hope you get it all out of your system in video games and don't act this way to people in real life.

You should be really happy he's doing that in a harmless manner and not the alternative. Can only laugh when people get upset at people who hate other people and just get their stress out in a videogame. Like, I know you know what hating other people in a non-harmless manner leads to. What is there to act up about if he does this in an mmo? Constructive venting.
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I am not a toxic person but I like reactions in general, good or bad. In a pvp environment salt is the easiest reaction to farm. You millennials equate video games to real life in general. One of my favorite targets is a person named @shock(something or another) because every time you gank them it’s a guaranteed reaction. Don’t get me wrong a nice gank reaction is great but few and far between in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by antihero727 on April 4, 2019 4:05PM
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • stephbay123
    stephbay123
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of hate comes from players when you don’t fight the way they like to fight and can counter their main attacks. That’s why there is a lot of snipe hate or nightblade hate from players that can only fight melee
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favourite was when I was reported for killing a kid who was running syphers build. Apparently that meant I must have cheated lol
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best are the long running hate bags between you and another user (for no real apparent reason)... but no whispers, no PMs.... you die to that guy? You get bagged, and vice versa. It’s respectable.
  • Zenartista
    Zenartista
    ✭✭✭
    People need thicker skin and better coping strategies to deal with the toxicity in PVP. For as long as I have PVPd I take these creatures as a part of ANY game. Part of me has become a polite kill them with kindness troll.

However, I'm a grown man and am not ruled by my emotions.
    I don't send rude tells, I wont block anyone and I respond to every tell (if they let me lol). Normally ask them to join me in Teamspeak or discord if they want to be rude and I'm up for it, though to this date I've yet to have one join me. I'm on PC but on a controller and don't like to type.

I'm very polite and well spoken, I have no reason to be mad at this person because of some game. I like to people watch in cyro and seeing different peoples personalities. Furthermore after a while you kind of start looking down on these people at least I do. I think about people with unhappy lives or just general IRL jerks. I think the biggest eye opener was when I would play card games at tournament and you would meet these kind of people face to face. I'm quite the imposing figure so I never had much of a problem though lol.

A lot of Salty Troll like players I believe just do it to make you play mad and sloppy. I can see how it can be easy to be baited by this, but when I confront these people on why are they talking smack to me. I'm just playing a game casually as they should. I've actually gotten plenty the apology, friend request or the person wont intentionally zerg me anymore. Which is always nice.

Though some people will just be that way,

Don't fall for it.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sending me salty tells is a sure fire way to become the instant subject of hilarity and ridicule for hundreds of players on a certain discord...
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Think the best whisper I got recently was some guy accusing me of hacking because he disconnected when I attacked him (solo) and reconnected back in PvE to sit in a 50m queue. He was quite insistent that I would be banned for this then about 5m later whispered me that I was lucky because his brother had actually turned their net off so he wouldn't report me XD
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those people try to exist through rage tell cause that is probably the only way they can

I usually reply with a kiss and a heart then see the reply

Anyway i block them and use toxicplayers addon to focus them, next time.... just because ^^