The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

When will be removed from the game opportunity of detecting shadow from potions?

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »
    kerthas wrote: »
    You're comparing apples, oranges and pears. .

I compared pvp mechanics and not oranges and pears. Shadow main skill in class NB. He've enough cost. The fact that you do not like the benefits of the shadow - only your problems. The shadow is and will be and no one will nerf it exactly, in the complex it offers no more advantages than wings or shields
    You can easely avoid detect pot or any other kind of detection.

This means that you're bad player. Sorry but for good player remove shadow by means of AOE damage too easy.
    So the shadow depends on the resources, but it is expensive and not infinite. It's simple, just play for several classes including magica nb and you will understand everything.

No That means you are a bad player, sorry. You die to a detect pot ? you know that thing has a ridiculous (short) range ? just sacrifice one more slot and equip shadow image and you can deal with ANYTHING that could detect you.

Calling other players bad and tell them to adapt, while you cant change your playstyle, pathetic

LMAO. stop flooding, get out of here.
    Masters of pvp who cannot knock down a shadow without a potion tells me that I have to change something, just lol)).
    In my experience, potions are used by bad players. Does it offend you, guy? Ok, don't cry here.
    Incidentally curious observation; potions use noobs nb to detect other nb and cheat to kill them

OP, I Main a Sorc in PvP, and don't use detect pots because I don't find them efficient, nor do I find searching for NBs for extended periods of time efficient either. I basically use streak where I expect them to hide (having dabbled in both Mag and StamBlade) and do not adapt my skills to finding them at all. I don't find the really good ones, but they can't burst me either, so I'm OK with it.

That person who popped the detect pot has a bit to go before they can use an immovable pot or something better suited to fighting. Are you against the support skill flare? What about magelight?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my wings and detection potions!

... Go ahead and Nerf everything else though.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »
    kerthas wrote: »
    You're comparing apples, oranges and pears. .

I compared pvp mechanics and not oranges and pears. Shadow main skill in class NB. He've enough cost. The fact that you do not like the benefits of the shadow - only your problems. The shadow is and will be and no one will nerf it exactly, in the complex it offers no more advantages than wings or shields
    You can easely avoid detect pot or any other kind of detection.

This means that you're bad player. Sorry but for good player remove shadow by means of AOE damage too easy.
    So the shadow depends on the resources, but it is expensive and not infinite. It's simple, just play for several classes including magica nb and you will understand everything.

No That means you are a bad player, sorry. You die to a detect pot ? you know that thing has a ridiculous (short) range ? just sacrifice one more slot and equip shadow image and you can deal with ANYTHING that could detect you.

Calling other players bad and tell them to adapt, while you cant change your playstyle, pathetic

LMAO. stop flooding, get out of here.
    Masters of pvp who cannot knock down a shadow without a potion tells me that I have to change something, just lol)).
    In my experience, potions are used by bad players. Does it offend you, guy? Ok, don't cry here.
    Incidentally curious observation; potions use noobs nb to detect other nb and cheat to kill them

Hysterical! You know how I defend myself on my nonNB characters? You know, the ones that can’t vanish into thin air and need to use damage shields, dodge rolling, and block to mitigate damage? I make sure that they have enough crit resistance and physical/spell resistance to hopefully survive an encounter. If your magNB is built as a full divines, low resist ganker, then you have to accept that people will kill you when they detect you — whether through potions, reveal skills, or AOE. Don’t call other people “cheaters” because YOU decided to go full glass cannon in PVP.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm. Interesting, very interesting indeed.

Wonder what other ingame items and abilities the OP would consider a cheat...

I have this feeling that op also steps on traps. A lot. Like out in the open, in full view and nothing blocking it, and full on steps on it and blames something else for thier error.
    Edited by StormeReigns on March 23, 2019 5:30PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we just remove invisibility from the game?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Unlike shields, cloak completely negates targeting, and gives the NB absolute control over when and where they reemerge if a counter isn't used, which allows the NB to disengage and reengage whenever they want. It also forces projectiles to miss, and suppresses any previously applied DOTs, while the NB is in cloak.

It sucks that your only form of defense has counters like this, but if you want such a strong defense, the counters need to be equally as strong.

Exactly this.
    Id rather see counters to cloak dissapear or nerfed hard, but that would also require cloak to be nerfed.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you want nightblades avoid all types of damage without counters? Then that skill would require no skill to use.

Thats what all nightblades want , deep inside.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Can we just remove invisibility from the game?

I'd be for nerfing cloak and removing stealth from Cyro..also.. I wonder if there is stealth (permanent invisibility) in other MMOs and how do they handle skills similar to cloak?

Anyway, since I got warned for saying that trolls need to be banned from forums and since I don't want to be banned myself, I will simply say that I disagree with you OP.

Edited by TriangularChicken on March 23, 2019 6:00PM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this thread getting a bit derailed from both sides of the discussion, we've felt it necessary to go ahead and close it down. When discussing topics on the forums, be sure to avoid flaming and baiting and to stay respectful towards opposing opinions to avoid thread derailment and violating the Forum Rules.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.