The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ETA on Elsweyr PTS?

Jeezye
Jeezye
✭✭✭✭✭
I know this is kind of early to ask, since launch date is set to be June 4th, however there's certain reasons why I hope the WTS will get published earlier.
  • As in Morrowind, we'll get a new class that requires way more testing than usual PTS cycles, especially because necromancers have the unique interaction with the ingames justice system.
  • I almost feel childish to believe, but it was announced and promised that Elswyre will come with big and long awaited class overhauls. If so, there's a crap ton of input to be considered and the overhaul is very much needed for many different playstyles and combinations *cough .. stamsorc cough .. magblade cough .. magden*
  • Lastly, from what we can tell from announcements is that we will get a huge new story line reaching over multiple DLCs, with a scale we have not witnessed before.

All these information point to a blatantly huge patch, and I really don't want just four weeks of PTS iterations for so many game breaking changes - especially because ZOS doesn't have enough capacity to really incorporate player input in this limited time (as we have seen in former cycles).

@ZOS_GinaBruno Is there any chance we can get a sneek peak on when the PTS will be launched and if a longer time span is considered? Maybe even a closed PTS with limited playerbase and NDA might work?
Edited by Jeezye on March 11, 2019 3:08PM
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to guesstimate that Elsweyer will go on the PTS on Monday April 1st just after PAX East which is happening March 29-30th. Well, that's my hope.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    April 15th should be PTS if it follows the usual 5 weeks PTS cycle with PC Release "early access for PC" coming may 20th.

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    April 15th should be PTS if it follows the usual 5 weeks PTS cycle with PC Release "early access for PC" coming may 20th.

wait theres early access for PC??
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »

PC always gets DLCs and expansions a couple weeks before consoles.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you pre-ordered the chapter, you get early access to the new chapter on May 20th. For everyone else, it's June 4th if they bought the chapter.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you pre-ordered the chapter, you get early access to the new chapter on May 20th. For everyone else, it's June 4th if they bought the chapter.

Hmm I'll be travelling during June anyways so I dont bother, but that means that final patch has to be done by May 20th so really it's just 2 months from now...
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] I almost feel childish to believe, but it was announced and promised that Elswyre will come with big and long awaited class overhauls. If so, there's a crap ton of input to be considered and the overhaul is very much needed for many different playstyles and combinations *cough .. stamsorc cough .. magblade cough .. magden*

Is there a proof to this claim? I'm sorry I don't mean it like I don't believe you(in fact I trust you OP, a total stranger, more than I trust zenimax), I just don't want to get my hopes up for nothing, did ZOS actually said there will be class overhauls?

If so can I have sauce?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] I almost feel childish to believe, but it was announced and promised that Elswyre will come with big and long awaited class overhauls. If so, there's a crap ton of input to be considered and the overhaul is very much needed for many different playstyles and combinations *cough .. stamsorc cough .. magblade cough .. magden*

Is there a proof to this claim? I'm sorry I don't mean it like I don't believe you(in fact I trust you OP, a total stranger, more than I trust zenimax), I just don't want to get my hopes up for nothing, did ZOS actually said there will be class overhauls?

If so can I have sauce?

I haven’t personally seen any mention of class overhauls. I’m sure there will be some work done but nothing suggesting that, say, stam sorc will finally see the work they need or that stamina DKs will get a whip.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If so can I have sauce?

Zos mentioned somewhere that U21 was about race balance and that the class issue may be looked at in u22

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

If so can I have sauce?

I haven’t personally seen any mention of class overhauls. I’m sure there will be some work done but nothing suggesting that, say, stam sorc will finally see the work they need or that stamina DKs will get a whip.

Yeah I can already see the patch notes.

I'm already getting flashbacks from the last balancing attempt.

Game dominated by stamblades/stamdens

Meanwhile Wrobel decides to nerf noxious breath and also nerf fragmented shield while at it

Uh... yeah I can already see the patch notes. I guess its very naive of me , still It can't be that bad next time? Hopefully?
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 18, 2019 11:55AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, we get to deal with all the game breaking bugs before it hits console. You're welcome.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm too lazy to search for the developer comment but on the last PTS iteration it was stated that the players feedback regarding class development will be collected but will be used as subject for the next update (Elsweyr).

The effort put in this will really decide how far I'll stick to the game as I find it really unstatisfying regarding build diversity in this current patch, and my playtime is ultimatly regressing over the last year. If this update will not bring more diversity and better rounded class kits, I can't see myself playing it much longer. On the other hand, we now have Wheeler as lead combat designer and his first changes were actually all for the better, so I guess we'll just have to see and whait...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this update will not bring more diversity and better rounded class kits, I can't see myself playing it much longer.

Threatening to quit the game always goes over well with other forum-goers and the devs alike ... especially requests that cater to a personal playstyle.

To answer the forum topic, there's no ETA yet ... but mid-April at the latest to allow a month of testing before early access.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC always gets access first.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this update will not bring more diversity and better rounded class kits, I can't see myself playing it much longer.

Threatening to quit the game always goes over well with other forum-goers and the devs alike ... especially requests that cater to a personal playstyle.

To answer the forum topic, there's no ETA yet ... but mid-April at the latest to allow a month of testing before early access.

This is not a threat lol. You simply pick out one line of my statement and undermine all qualitive feedback I have proposed in this threat. Ironically, THIS is the classic behavior of stereotype forum users. I'm simply saying I'm loosing attraction to the game and am not happy with the way class development has progressed within the last year
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The announcement which appear on forum looks promising!
    Quote:
    "We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wendesday at 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC). "

Though it is too good to be true :D

Edit: Yes, too good to be true:
    Quote:
    "The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now available."
    Anyway, the Elsweyr PTS will either be available on mid April as past years or they will release it sooner.
    Edited by Universe on March 20, 2019 1:54PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile Wrobel decides to nerf noxious breath and also nerf fragmented shield while at it

Eric Wrobel left Zeni. You been living in a cave all this time? ;)

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »

I already know, however that still doesn't excite me much for future.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, so it looks like they're not doing the closed PTS this time around
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Hmm, so it looks like they're not doing the closed PTS this time around

There was no closed PTS for Summerset either ... other than an NDA for the main quest content.

No announcement from ZOS on that yet either ... though we’re still at least three (3) weeks out.
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    We will be performing maintenance on the PTS 15th April.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We will be performing maintenance on the PTS 15th April.

I'd put my money on the 15th April as well.
    PC EU
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I presume we will get an announcement on this at the live broadcast on March30th
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s definitely a LOT riding on these patch notes. A lot of old players have come back, we’ve got WoW players moving over, there’s a new combat lead and team structure, there’s been the CP restructuring talk, the snare/tank meta needs to be addressed ASAP, many class reps have been hinting they’re very excited for the changes coming this year, the imperial city is being removed from Cyrodiil. So will it be the year of reckoning or will it be another letdown. History points to letdown, yet we all hope.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    There’s definitely a LOT riding on these patch notes. A lot of old players have come back, we’ve got WoW players moving over, there’s a new combat lead and team structure, there’s been the CP restructuring talk, the snare/tank meta needs to be addressed ASAP, many class reps have been hinting they’re very excited for the changes coming this year, the imperial city is being removed from Cyrodiil. So will it be the year of reckoning or will it be another letdown. History points to letdown, yet we all hope.

tumblr_mysdypmyyR1rllulfo1_250.gif

3srarx.jpg
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like how people still blame him even though he hasn't worked at ZOS for some time.

IpKM46s.jpg
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    April 15th. 5 week PTS: 4NA 1EU.

*Apparently EU only gets 1 week now* (adjusted based on bethesda announcement.)
    Edited by MinuitPro on March 30, 2019 10:23PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

I like how people still blame him even though he hasn't worked at ZOS for some time.

IpKM46s.jpg

He is very famous and for some infamous due to the so many combat changes he implemented.
    He designed much of the combat system.
    I expect his name to be mentioned on the forum and/or ingame for many more years.
    Though I don't blame Wrobel for anything, he is a decent developer who tried his best to sort out the combat balance issues.
    Solving such issues is a much harder task than it looks.
    Balancing PVP and PVE together is the mistake ZOS are doing and as long as they continue with this approach, I don't expect anything to be "balanced".
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    April 8th. 6 week PTS: 4NA 2EU.

A guess or you do have a source ?
    Edited by Universe on March 28, 2019 1:19PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night Gina announced on the livestream that the next PTS would be in the week commencing 15th April.
    PC EU
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class overhaul?!?! That wont happen. Necromancer comming and u better lvl One since they contain the best from each class.