Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like a NPC spouse for your home?

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Wouldn't it be great to come home after your adventures to a warm welcome from your spouse or partner? Somebody to make your home feel less empty. They would wander around your home doing random things and saying occasional lines. They might even sing an occasional song!
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.

Would you like a NPC spouse for your home? 138 votes

Yes
66%
NestorGilvothchimneyswift_ESOCatsmoke14Doctor_DementoKlemenziusb16_ESOHelricdanielclarkb16_ESOThrawnielSotha_Silwsmith97ub17_ESOMorgha_KulAmset RaAjaxandrielDarkhorse1975HidesFromSunOldManJimNovaMarxCillion3117Reverb 92 votes
No
33%
theskymovesWatchYourSixxTherylDarcyMardinSantieClawskwisatzLiraTaurwenNerouynwalkerjonesbellatrixedpeacenoteGarisheliisraLariananotimetocareXoXJulietteXoXIlsabetFleetwoodSmackelantauraDojohoda 46 votes
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Absolutely, yes. That would be pretty neat.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not really I have one in my real life house and one is enough. :)

I would like to have the ability to add other NPC's though. Whether they are milling about or doing things like cooking and gardening they would need to have some real movement and not just stand there like pets do.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    i prefer daedric guards
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    NPCs yes. Spouse no.

I guess it would be nice for all sorts of options that way everyone can fill there homes with whatever sorts of characters
  • Theryl
    Theryl
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Not much interested in a spouse but guards, servants, and minions would be nice.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, more options = better, for sure.

In the meantime, you can add a nearly unlimited number of Essential Housing Tools FX NPCs if you play on PC. We have three already and you can have ones of your own created as well if you would like...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/462516/want-a-custom-essential-effect-of-your-own-design
    Edited by R_K on March 16, 2019 9:46PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not really I have one in my real life house and one is enough. :)

I would like to have the ability to add other NPC's though. Whether they are milling about or doing things like cooking and gardening they would need to have some real movement and not just stand there like pets do.

Exactly. Took the words right out of my mouth!
  • BiggShooter
    Yes
    giphy.gif
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, any new NPC giving more life to the houses would be most welcome.

One that would actually move around the house, perhaps even with some idle animations here and there, would be awesome. I am ready to throw my money at the screen for any such NPC's.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Though I wouldn't begrudge the option.

I just wouldn't buy it.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I cant see the point as no one but you can see them. it isn't like I can go and visit everyone's home[s) in this game.

but if others want one, then sure.

my girl friend is addiment that there is no bare foot nor apron option.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Xerikten wrote: »
    I cant see the point as no one but you can see them. it isn't like I can go and visit everyone's home[s) in this game.

You do know, that you can visit the primary residence of any of your friends or guildies, unless they have forbidden visitors in their home, don't you?

Many of us do visit other players' houses. For instance, does your guild have a guildhall? We do, with Mundus Stones and set crafting stations.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have one in real life. Dont need a virtual one..
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already have some soul shriven for when I'm feeling frisky 😝
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Indeed, the Add-On EHT already provides this one with opportunity for unsighted dating.

Here is...she...who must be obeyed.gokefbpxu1e6.png
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Catsmoke14 wrote: »
    Indeed, the Add-On EHT already provides this one with opportunity for unsighted dating.

Here is...she...who must be obeyed.gokefbpxu1e6.png

@Catsmoke14 It actually took me a minute to realize just how many EHT effects you had in that one shot, lol. Nice!
  • DragonHeart000
    Yes
    I'd for sure like some npcs to add to my house and as such I would be okay with being able to have a spouse in my house. I'd model mine after my girlfriend and give her the same name. Would be pretty cool.
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC
    Guild Master For <Discontinued> a guild for collectors of discontinued items!
    Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/w7bNDCu
  • I_B_Squishy
    I_B_Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    In Skyrim there was an add on (or maybe two) that allowed me to come home to a nearly naked maid that greeted me with the words "Welcome home my lord". I frequently pointed this out to my wife and told her "THIS is how a wife is supposed to act!"

That was over 6 years ago and I believe she should be getting out of prison soon after serving for battery charges.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Absolutely. In Skyrim I always loved coming home to my in-game husband Vilkas who used to tell me that he had made a bit of gold on the side while I was out adventuring, and baked approximately 27 pies - one for each day I hadn't been home. The kids were fighting over whether the little snow fox one of them had found could stay or not... Ah, good times.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Spouse, bard, guard, cook, gardener, farmer --- any NPC will do!

Especially if they have some kind of interaction, like the current banker and merchant. Maybe even throw some different dialogue options in there, and while they're at it maybe even make them a bit more mobile, or at least have a larger variety of idle poses and actions.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I've often called for them to provide dialogs allowing us to romance whichever NPCs we might choose. In the story of Morgha Kul, for example, he developed a relationship with Seyne back in Bleak Rock, and even still uses her dagger. It would have been very nifty if there was a possibility to romance her, and even have her as a companion in his house (if he owned one).
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Xerikten wrote: »

Barefoot and pregnant or no deal. Has to be realistic if they are going to occupy your house 24/7
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    would be awesome if all your alts just wandered around your house. that's my wish.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    I've often called for them to provide dialogs allowing us to romance whichever NPCs we might choose. In the story of Morgha Kul, for example, he developed a relationship with Seyne back in Bleak Rock, and even still uses her dagger. It would have been very nifty if there was a possibility to romance her, and even have her as a companion in his house (if he owned one).

That was creepy in Skyrim and would be worse here lol
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great to come home after your adventures to a warm welcome from your spouse or partner? Somebody to make your home feel less empty. They would wander around your home doing random things and saying occasional lines. They might even sing an occasional song!

I would like NPCs for my house, full stop.

It really is quite ridiculous that we cannot place a whole range of NPCs in our homes, just like we can for the 3 service assistants.

I want a cook for my kitchen, I want a smith, clothier, woodworker, farmer, stable master and above all I want guards.

These NPCs do not need to be interactable, though that would be a nice touch, they can just be inanimate, for aesthetics . There are literally thousands of such NPCs in the game, so they already exist. Populating our homes with a community would really increase the immersion and fun involved in housing.

PS, while I am here, why cant we place all characters in our homes as well? Whichever one you are playing is simply removed and all characters you wish to place would be available, just like our service assistants are.
    Edited by Grianasteri on March 20, 2019 9:17AM
  • Amset Ra
    Amset Ra
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, and not only a spouse, but finally a stable master, too. The more I wanna hire my own 15 charaters with a personalized job, like waiter, cleaner, gardener, cook, barista or something else you can imagine and over all the possibility to interact with my all charaters finally, to reduce the hell *** login/logout. Then I miss the tables for crafting daylies in my house, because jumping in the city, picking up the daylies, turning back in my home, jumping again for deliver, I wounder, who made this noob decicion and force me enjoying boring loading screens, which only stealing my game time. Every login/logout is also stressing the server only, but the developers still woundering: "why the server is stressed all the time?". Maybe the entire concept of housing needs a reformation. Housing isn't well thought at all and the limits are also a joke. And at least Nuzhimeh and Tythis should do their job inhouse, like every merchant or banker is doing. Inhouse: Put the possibility to repair my stuff and give accesst to the guild bank! It is ridiculous they don't do it inhouse.

The Main Capitals for the production are nerving: I just wanna craft my stuff and must hear the every 5 secound starting and boring dialogs from NPCs or I must suffer those prats, which think, is importent to fight in a area, where I'm (and others are) trying to concentrate.

Stable Master, Jobs or hireing my Chars could be solved via crown store. Combine the char administration with housing, then housing will make much more sense. Yes, please change the over-limitation up to an well thought concept. Maybe you will get it one day, but my home is my castle, and I wanna do all the mentioned thinks in my house. And I know: I am not alone with this possition, just read the forum!

Edited by Amset Ra on March 20, 2019 6:40PM
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not if I have to give her half my stuff when she leaves. They always take the good stuff.
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well, I'd like to be able to place my alts in the house but I'd settle for a spouse. Assuming they would be somewhat customizable and not clones of everyone else's spouse (like the banker/merchant)........
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think there definitely needs to be more NPCs available as STAFF in the bigger homes, at the very least. I mean, most of those things are better thought of as CASTLES, and no single person would live there. You'd have housekeepers, stablehands, cooks... and all their families. Then there would be guards and soldiers.... and so on.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Khumbu
    Khumbu
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see my alts running around doing NPC things in my house, like using the crafting stations or sleeping in spare beds.
This discussion has been closed.