Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official discussion thread for “The Return of the Jester’s Festival Event!”

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
9df5da5d57e0a81965ec288b76fc20b9.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Revel in the Ridiculous with the Return of the Jester’s Festival Event! blog article.

Celebrate the absurd during the next Jester’s Festival event and reap ridiculous rewards, including new collectibles, bonus XP, and more! Find out everything you need to know right here. There’s pie!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The PvP pie thing sounds like fun. Maybe I'll chase those with an alt.

I wonder whether Messy Business requires me to get the kill shot.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New content and achievements sound fun.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jesters festival with new poo..er..pie to throw :#

Quick question though: when you say the berries wont be available anymore, do you just mean for the rest of the years events (will be back next year this time)? or forever?
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wraith66 wrote: »

Quick question though: when you say the berries wont be available anymore, do you just mean for the rest of the years events (will be back next year this time)? or forever?

It will be 4 different new berries for a different evolution.
    The Q2 Indrik will be yellow. We don’t know might be something entirely different next year.
    Edited by Revokus on March 19, 2019 2:23PM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it seems those who neither own DB nor Thieves guild DLC won't be able to get both Dawnwood Indrik mount and Sprintide Indrik pet? A friend of mine wanted both but was not able to take part in the last event due to not owning the DLCs. So she's still missing 2 of those Dawnwood berries.
    Do I understand it right that the Sprintide Indrik pet will only be there for the time of this event (also same question here: will it be back next year?) ?

I'm lucky since I already own all berries and 5-6 feathers on both servers and even my second account, but I feel really sorry for her. I'm wondering how much the event tickets will be and if they're giftable.
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »

The Q2 Indrik will be yellow.

Yup, 1 new different evolution per quarter, which is cool - am just curious if next year will have the same quarterly berries.

So for example, if I don't get all of the dawnwood ones in this years Jesters event - can I get what I'm missing in next years event?

Or is this just a dodgy reason to sell the tickets in the store *tinfoil hat*
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »

The Q2 Indrik will be yellow.

Yup, 1 new different evolution per quarter, which is cool - am just curious if next year will have the same quarterly berries.

So for example, if I don't get all of the dawnwood ones in this years Jesters event - can I get what I'm missing in next years event?

Or is this just a dodgy reason to sell the tickets in the store *tinfoil hat*
    No one knows..It might be something entirely different for next year :)
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Revokus @Wraith66
    It might not even happen next year. Remember, this indrik thing is part of the celebration of 5 years of ESO.
    Edited by Tevalaur on March 19, 2019 3:08PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping for fish pie, hoping for fish pie …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to the event, However, I may have to not log in during the event at all ... Pies like mud balls are going to be used by a minority in an abusive manor..You have not as of yet given people the option to opt out of being targeted by mud balls and pies.(this of course would have to be limited (to the pve portion of the game) due to it being designed as a portion of the pvp environment event. For some players being hit mud balls and now(in the new event) pies will be nothing less then
    abusive behavior.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can throw pie at other people, I am so happy :smiley:

tenor.gif
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vandellia wrote: »
    I was looking forward to the event, However, I may have to not log in during the event at all ... Pies like mud balls are going to be used by a minority in an abusive manor..You have not as of yet given people the option to opt out of being targeted by mud balls and pies.(this of course would have to be limited (to the pve portion of the game) due to it being designed as a portion of the pvp environment event. For some players being hit mud balls and now(in the new event) pies will be nothing less then
    abusive behavior.

Fortunately, it's not a collectible, so players will run out of pie to throw at people. Not really looking forward to this myself, but I'd rather be covered in red/blue/yellow goo than mud. And, I'm gonna use them to get the achieves - the non-PvP ones.
    Phoebe wrote: »
    So it seems those who neither own DB nor Thieves guild DLC won't be able to get both Dawnwood Indrik mount and Sprintide Indrik pet? A friend of mine wanted both but was not able to take part in the last event due to not owning the DLCs. So she's still missing 2 of those Dawnwood berries.
    Do I understand it right that the Sprintide Indrik pet will only be there for the time of this event (also same question here: will it be back next year?) ?

I'm lucky since I already own all berries and 5-6 feathers on both servers and even my second account, but I feel really sorry for her. I'm wondering how much the event tickets will be and if they're giftable.

Depending on how much the event tickets cost, your friend probably would have been better off buying at least one of the DLCs at 1000 crowns and earning 12 tickets. Or both at 2000 crowns for 24 tickets. It's doubtful the tickets will be less than 100 crowns each.

ETA: I'm disappointed that they're including the runebox collectibles in the loot table for the stupendous boxes. When I tested on PTS, there were some boxes that only had the valuables to sell and the revelry pie. With old runeboxes (which still drop from the regular boxes) cluttering the loot table, it's not likely anyone is going to be able to earn more than half of the outfit style pages, unless they have alt accounts. Yes, they're tradable, but there won't be that many on the market and those that will be will be pretty expensive. But, we can buy event tickets to purchase them.

Well, I may buy a couple with my extra tickets, as I have 12 tickets now, so I can buy the final berry and still earn 24 tickets for the pet and a couple of pages. Since I have 4 additional feathers for a new nascent, plus two more feathers, I don't really need to buy any extra feathers at this point. But, I'd hate to waste tickets on a page only to get it in a box later.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 19, 2019 3:46PM
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never thought I would become "that carebear that whines about forcing PVP" but here we go.

I'm not very happy with having to go to Cyrodiil and kill people. I'm tired of pvp in this game for several technical reasons and toxicity.

People that PVP should do it because they enjoy it, ZoS shouldn't force it on others that don't, and much less for a silly achievement that clearly appeals to casuals.

That's my rant, sorry. I love everything else about the event.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober or someone... why are the berries being removed? So you're telling me the tickets that I spent on getting berries previously are completely 100% WASTED because I didn't have enough time to play to get tickets to get the other berries? Even though I did the best I could to login with what little valuable time I have, here I was thinking those berries would stay in stock because surely ZOS has enough respect for their fanbase to not completely waste their time like that.

PLEASE reconsider this, I think it is a horrible move and will anger many people.

If anyone else feels the same way, let your opinion be known!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are 4 events for this quarter, each one having a different berry released with the event. The Dark Brotherhood / Thieves' Guild event counted only as one event. The prior two events gave more than enough tickets to purchase their associated berries with some left over. The Jester's Festival is running for 11-12 days, with the potential of up to 24 tickets (2 tickets per day), and you are still able to purchase the berries associated with the previous three events. (The berries to not disappear until afterthe Jester's Festival completes).

Bottom line - there's still plenty of time and tickets to earn the Dawnwood berries
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there's NOT plenty of time and tickets to earn berries if you don't already have two of them. 10 tickets per berry, 24 tickets for the event. So you'll already need two of them by the time the event hits just to get all 4. And if you can't get em, you're screwed because ZOS doesn't respect your time and efforts apparently. The easiest and most painfully obvious solution here would simply be to not remove any of the items on the vendor. Why is this so complicated? Why introduce unnecessary pain points to your LOYAL customers who pay you money? It simply makes no sense.
    Edited by dimensional on March 19, 2019 5:58PM
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay.... they are giving the trolls something other than mud balls to pelt us with........ think it’s time for a fallout 4 vacation while this bullies tea party blows over....

Also, let’s be honest, the servers are going to take an absolute dump 😕
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom one question considering the cake-cyro achievement, where you have to hit 10 player with a cake and then kill them.

Do I need the killing blow on the player for this? Is it the last few people attacking who get it? Or, if I am in a group, someone in my group kills them? :smile:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never thought I would become "that carebear that whines about forcing PVP" but here we go.

I'm not very happy with having to go to Cyrodiil and kill people. I'm tired of pvp in this game for several technical reasons and toxicity.

People that PVP should do it because they enjoy it, ZoS shouldn't force it on others that don't, and much less for a silly achievement that clearly appeals to casuals.

That's my rant, sorry. I love everything else about the event.

ZOS expects you to experience ALL of the game if you want ALL of the rewards.

Festivals in particular encourage people to experience different aspects of the game. You aren't actually forced to do anything...unless you want ALL the rewards. The past example for Jesters was roleplayers who didn't want to steal. They have to steal in order to do Jester King Jorunn's quest. We see a similar expansion of other Festivals - Witchmothers required doing a variety of PVE content to get ALL the rewards. The upcoming anniversary event will likewise encourage players to PVP for one week or do easy daily quests found in PVP zones.

So if you want the Tin Soldier title or the Face Paint collectible, you'll have to PVP.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pie throwing achievement is less of an achievement and just a test to see if I have 3+ friends in alt factions and can find a quiet spot in Cyrodiil to get this "achievement" knocked off.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there's NOT plenty of time and tickets to earn berries if you don't already have two of them. 10 tickets per berry, 24 tickets for the event. So you'll already need two of them by the time the event hits just to get all 4. And if you can't get em, you're screwed because ZOS doesn't respect your time and efforts apparently. The easiest and most painfully obvious solution here would simply be to not remove any of the items on the vendor. Why is this so complicated? Why introduce unnecessary pain points to your LOYAL customers who pay you money? It simply makes no sense.

@dimensional I was replying directly to Phoebe's post which included this quote:

Her friend has the first two berries, but not the last two. The friend does, in fact, have plenty of opportunity to get the 20 tickets required to get the last two berries. If we assume they are starting the Jester's Festival with 0 tickets held over from the first events, then sadly yes, they will not be able to acquire the pet as well, but that is a sacrifice they'll have to make - or buy tickets from the crown store.

Also, I didn't do the math, but I guarantee the first two events of the quarter gave out more than twenty tickets, so they could have bought both berries and saved up to 12 tickets to carry with them into the DB/TG event and bought the berry without even participating in the DB/TG event. (Side note: I hated the Morrowind dailies so I took my extra tickets from the Mid-Year Mayhem encore event and did only the first day's worth of Morrowind event to get my 10 tickets to purchase the 2nd berry. Had I done the Morrowind dailies I would have had both berries and the max 12 tickets before the DB/TG event even started and then had enough tickets from just the Jester's Festival to purchase the last berry and pet.

If people only do the bare minimum during each event to get the 10 tickets for that event's berry, then they shouldn't cry about not being able to participate in a DLC event "costing" them a chance at the mount/pet.

Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uh, yep. She got the first 2 berries, and also 2 extra feathers. She's also got 1/12 tickets left. Probably it wasn't the smartest thing to buy extra feathers (but if she wouldn't have done this she would have wasted tickets), but it seems there was a misunderstanding on her side that the Springtide Indrik will not be released until the anniversary.
    I guess the main problem is that you can't store more than 12 tickets. I barely remember the Morrowind event but I think during the free ESO+ time those without Morrowind were only able to get exactly one berry and no extra tickets?
    Depending on the crown store ticket price I'll probably help her out this time since she'll be 5 tickets short of the Springtide Indrik.
    Though I assume there will be some more occasions where those without any/all DLCs will have problems to acquire enough tickets. I'm wondering how far I can get with my second account, since I don't own all DLCs nor have ESO+ there either, but since it's only my second account I won't be too sad if I can't "catch them all" :P
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's longer than I expected. :o
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    I am at this point a bit frustrated, why are the dev's forcing a choice on me just so i can play the game. I do find mudballs and now the pies a form of abuse. The only choice i have to not be targeted by them is to not log in at all during the event. For some its good clean if a bit obnoxious fun for some its a way they can abuse and annoy "cause its allowed" Where is my let me play but opt out of being targeted by the pies, so i can play the game with enjoyment?

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall... do the mudballs (and hence likely pies) dismount or snare players? I only recall it being a brief visual effect
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Indrik pet be available for sale from the Impresario during the next event @ZOS_JessicaFolsom?
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall... do the mudballs (and hence likely pies) dismount or snare players? I only recall it being a brief visual effect

Nope - and you can animation cancel the whole clean off business (which doesn't happen on a mount).