The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest markers making me walk across half the world for no reason

StormHUN
StormHUN
I was in Hew's Bane when I decided to focus a quest asking me to go to Stros M'kay. Since I did not have the wayshrine for Stros M'kay I have decided to follow the quest marker. This is the route it took me:

Hew's Bane >
Woodheart >
Markbruk >
Eldern Root >
Haven >
Skywatch >
Vulkhel Guard >
Daggerfall >
Stros M'kai

...all the while I have already had the Daggerfall wayshrine available to me. If only I knew that the ship to Stros M'kay leaves from Daggerfall I could have avoided wasting all this time.

Expected behavior: The quest marker should take wayshrines into account and lead me to the nearest shrine, and then to the nearest discovered to my target. So in my case:

Hew's Bane >
Daggerfall >
Stros M'kai
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    All wayshrines on all of the starter zones are already unlocked for all characters regardless if you've been there or not.

This includes:
    Stros M'kai
    Khenarthi's Roost
    Bleakrock Isle

All you had to do was go to any wayshrine and click on the wayshrine that is already unlocked on the Stros M'kai island right outside of the town.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why i always do a quest location search first then pick my own path.
    It's nice all that we can sail/travel with from one alliance to another. but that's only helpful when your closest waypoint is 2 maps away.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've experienced this as well. Sometimes I've decided to follow the quest marker by foot and it ends up taking me some obscure route across half of Tamriel no matter how many wayshrines I may or may not have unlocked. I have not been avle to find the logic behind these routes.