The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Since when is there a short sequence before you are put to the Wailing Caverns?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it all.

I think I already did the quest 100 times or more (were you meet the disguised NPC in your starting town that sentences you to Coldharbour) and this is the first time ever I saw a sequence of Mannimarco doing a strange ritual to rip out my soul.

Does this always happen and I just missed it all the other times? Or how do you trigger this?
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you did it back before the release of Morrowind, or before you owned Morrowind or Summerset you did not see this sequence. Or rather, you didn't see it just before waking up in the Wailing Prison, it was the games introduction.

If you did it after buying Morrowind or Summerset where you have to go to your starter city and speak to an NPC to start the quest which sends you to the Wailing Prison it would show the cut scene just before you wake up there.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have always been a cinematic. When first launching the game back in 2014, that cinematic was played. You could skip it after every new character though.

Introduced in Morrowind, the quest to get the main quest will now force you to watch the cinematic.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have always been a cinematic. When first launching the game back in 2014, that cinematic was played. You could skip it after every new character though.

Introduced in Morrowind, the quest to get the main quest will now force you to watch the cinematic.

That's the thing, you are not. I think I created +50 characters after Morrowind and see it once, 10min ago. Never before. That's why I am so baffled.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

That's the thing, you are not. I think I created +50 characters after Morrowind and see it once, 10min ago. Never before. That's why I am so baffled.

Yes you are. I have made many characters after Morrowind's launch and when doing the main quest, you are forced inyo the cinematic. You just skipped it and was not aware of it - which can also be done.
    Edited by Dracan_Fontom on March 14, 2019 5:21PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you are. I have made many characters after Morrowind's launch and when doing the main quest, you are forced inyo the cinematic. You just skipped it and was not aware of it - which can also be done.

How so? I mean they knock me out in that house and then it goes directly to the loading screen and I am in the cell where Lyris liberates me. How could I have missed it several dozen times deliberately? It's not like I am hammering A/X after the quest in the house is done.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so? I mean they knock me out in that house and then it goes directly to the loading screen and I am in the cell where Lyris liberates me. How could I have missed it several dozen times deliberately? It's not like I am hammering A/X after the quest in the house is done.

Don't ask me. I'm not you. I'm just recounting my experiences and in them, they force me into the cinematic.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was like one month after Morrowind release, I was leveling my Warden, the hooded figure, the cinematic, the Wailing Prison.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen this on 15+ characters I have created since Morrowind.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was there when the game released, but I do think it was removed (or heavily abbreviated) for a while. I thought it was Morrowind that brought it back, when they added the hooded figure, but could be wrong.

Thinking back, seems like it was removed when they stopped dropping you on the starter zones.

ETA: Found a thread.
    Edited by Number_51 on March 14, 2019 7:13PM
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    Wailing Caverns? Ack! Barrens Chat flashback!
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I have seen this on 15+ characters I have created since Morrowind.

That's super weird then. Neither on PS4 nor Xbox did I see it once in the last years. The first time today.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    It was there when the game released, but I do think it was removed (or heavily abbreviated) for a while. I thought it was Morrowind that brought it back, when they added the hooded figure, but could be wrong.

Thinking back, seems like it was removed when they stopped dropping you on the starter zones.

ETA: Found a thread.

That explains it, because I started playing on console after starter zones were no longer starter zones. I never saw the cinematic until creating a new character with Morrowind installed, and it was the most amazing thing ever. Seems very goofy that they would ever remove it to begin with.