The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Malubeth the Scourger, solo

SirLeeMinion
SirLeeMinion
✭✭✭✭✭
For those that like soloing dungeons and have more patience than sense:

I had been having trouble getting past Malubeth in Wayrest Sewers 2 due to the lock-down mechanism. Since my online searches came up empty (or maybe I didn't spend enough time), I thought I'd post this here. The trick to killing Malubeth solo seems to be to pull it all the way back through the hallway. With or without pets, it get's stuck in there and you can back out of range of the lock-down mechanism (just about to where the circular steps go up). Most of my skills and attacks were out of range as well, but I found caltrops and pets both did damage. Since it does not seem to have any health regeneration, it's just a matter of time (lots of time) until the boss goes down. I killed it on normal with a pet sorc and separately with a stam DK, just to make sure it wasn't a pet-only mechanism. I imagine vet would go similarly but you'd want to pack a lunch and maybe a few movies - it takes a long time.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't know, now her *** beam comes through the goddamned wall, even standing on the ramp in the round room.

probably just my bad luck, but she seems to get me anywhere i go in that room. if i back off enough to avoid her attacks, i can't hit her and a single mistake, trying to do damage, is beam/death. too annoying for me.

thanks for the tip, it was worth a shot.

Edited by Lylith on March 12, 2019 1:58PM
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely ranks somewhere between "totally not worth it" and "were you dropped as a child?" but it is possible with caltrops. Here you can see my pet refusing to engage and my caltrops doing a whopping 1.3K dps - it took just over 9 minutes to get her to half health. She doesn't always set up in the same place, but this time, her AoE is being blocked by the arch.

nwljc4.jpg