The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Got A Problem? DISABLE ADD-ONS FIRST

Moonraker
Moonraker
✭✭✭✭
Among the first pieces of advice for playing this new game is:

Play the game initially with No Add-ons installed. Only after establishing the client works correctly, add them one at a time and test for any potential problems.

It's a new game with new add-ons so they can, and do, create another layer of potential issues (crashes, latency, FPS drops so far to name some)

There have been posts confirming this already, so avoid the potential frustrations and do this.

Also, after new updates which are coming out quite often now, I would suggest the same; to disable them, play and see if it's OK, then add back one at a time which makes diagnosis much easier.

Worth checking also after updates that when you do want to use them, that the add-ons are updated via the sites. I use Minion which automatically checks for you (and works great on Macs BTW being developed on one) but also I check directly too, just in case. Add-ons with issues seem to get updated fast and why it's important too.