The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Permanently Unlock Craft Bag Idea

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    As much as I agree with people saying that craft bag should be ESO+ exclusive, I generally think that something as simple as inventory management should not be kept hostage behind optional subscription. Now look, it is not about money, but rather simple convenience. Some people simply dont like subscription model, no matter how much money they have. It is a matter of taste.
    Curently (to my knowledge) we have something like 240+ total number of crafting items. More than a regular maxed bank space. Right now it is less noticable, but will be a huge problem in a future (more content, more crafting mats).
    This simply needs to be updated. 240 bank slots was fine when the game has launched back in 2014. Now it is simply not enough.

Some ideas:
    - Allow to upgrade bank space futher than 240 slots: whatever the new cap will be it is a win - win since eso+ will get double.
    - Introduce (either buyable via crown store or grindable to unlock) "free" eqivalent of craft bag with heavy limitation (one stack of each item or even one type of each item etc.)
    - Introduce new type of furnishing, similar to storage chest, but you will be able to keep only specific type & amonut of crafting mats inside. Those items will be visable when using crafting stations. Example: "Woodworking supplay crate" will allow you to keep 1 stack of each tier of woodworking crafting mats.

I can certainly get behind allowing people to increase their bank slots. We have many new DLCs, and lots of new materials and gear to horde.
    But the craft bag needs to remain ESO+ exclusive. It's quite literally the main selling point of the optional subscription. All the other crap you get are just bonuses. The crafting bag is what people want the most. There can be no free substitutes of it, even if they are slightly gimped.

But there already are free substitutes for it? What else do we call all of our bank space and inventory spots on our characters? Oh, and those storage boxes you can buy with master writ vouchers?

So when you collect a crafting material it automatically gets deposited into your bank?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sergg007 wrote: »
    Permanently Unlock Craft Bag great idea! I agree and fully support the author of the topic!
    ready to pay the amount equivalent to an year eso+ subscription
    Silaf wrote: »
    I dislike the eso+ model because i feel like i'm losing money if i'm not playing. I can easily afford eso+ and i spend WAY more money in the crown store compared to the subscription cost. Still if i subscribe the game start to feel like a "Job" to me where i have to play.

I have exactly the same feeling, so I will never buy eso+
    Which is why it won't be happening anytime soon, and certainly not for a mere year's equivalent.

If $0.50 a day is kicking your butt, you have bigger concerns than the craft bag.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • NWOMark
    NWOMark
    ✭✭
    Sergg007 wrote: »

If $0.50 a day is kicking your butt, you have bigger concerns than the craft bag.

This!
  • SAMEASLEYb14_ESO
    Crafting bag is ESO bread and butter we will for ever be paying for it.
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously? Then you can also count per hour, or just imagine how cheap it will be per minute or second!
    if you continue in this manner, in some moment ZOS will start paying us for playing ESO+ OMG!!

you're a definitely genius!

Edited by Sergg007 on March 8, 2019 1:18AM
  • hope0burns
    hope0burns
    ✭✭✭
    I've brought this up with my friends who play, many of whom are big time crafters, and we all agree that the thing crafters miss the most out of ESO Plus is the infinite storage of the craft bag. I brought up the idea of, what if they allowed us to purchase a permanent unlock for the craft bag, but set the price up very high? I would gladly buy up to like 200 dollars worth of crowns to permanently unlock the bag for the times when I'm just not able to fit a plus subscription into my monthly budget. It'd be the perfect thing to advertise around Christmas Bonus season. What do y'all think?

No. If you have 200 dollars even *once* a year to spend just spend it on a yearly sub to ESO+. You get a ton of crowns to go with it, too, plus all the other benefits.. as well as the "benefit" of a new miniature statuette every month.

Of course, then there's the fact you'll still have like $60 bucks left over of that $200 because the yearly is $140. Really, if you're a person that gets lump sums once or just a couple times a year the yearly sub is for you.

You get 12 months worth of subscription-crowns all at once, you a decent discount, not huge, but instead of paying $15 per month it averages to about $11.7 per month. Again, not a huge discount, but definitely decent. You get new content, releases, etc, for free. No more having to worry about coming up with money for various DLC. You get the crafting bag that everyone covets. So yeah, If you have at any single time in a year you have a collective total amount of around $140 USD (tax/VAT/whatever may add more depending on where you live) then you can get what you want and significantly more for less than you're willing to spend on just the bag.

Now, I get it. It isn't a *permanent* unlock. It isn't something that you pay once and then you're done. I understand that. However the value given is more than worth it and making or saving around $12 a month to purchase this definitely won't break the bank. Skimp on smokes, only get your drink/coffee every other day.. etc, etc. Or, if you don't have a normal job. Go and do odd jobs, mow a lawn for like.. two or three people. Scoop driveways/sidewalks for two or three people. Charge 'em like five bucks and make sure you don't take on a job that'll take you more than a few minutes for that price or, if you have problems phsyically or don't like to/can't go outside there's always Fiver!

Really, what I'm saying, is it really doesn't take much effort to make $12 a month and save it up to spend on something like this after a year. Spending $140 a year on something that genuinely entertains you and actively rewards you with more than just simple access to the game for spending that money is really a good overall deal. Now, if it doesn't entertain you.. then.. sure. Not a good deal. But if that's the case, why even bother spending any money on it?
    Edited by hope0burns on March 8, 2019 9:41AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If you want the Craft Bag, Subscribe.

This and it is very simple.

And this. Zos will not provide the crafting bag in any manner outside of ESO+. Most players seem to understand this and how it is good for ESO to use this to incentivize subscription over DLC purchases.

No one in here has provided a worthy idea for Zos to consider to change their mind and with the low activity in this thread it just supports Zos on this even more.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »
    If you want the Craft Bag, Subscribe.

This and it is very simple.

And this. Zos will not provide the crafting bag in any manner outside of ESO+. Most players seem to understand this and how it is good for ESO to use this to incentivize subscription over DLC purchases.

No one in here has provided a worthy idea for Zos to consider to change their mind and with the low activity in this thread it just supports Zos on this even more.

Couldn't put it any better , I mean how many of these threads are we going to have about this subject ! The crafting bag is Eso plus it's as simple as that