The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Permanently Unlock Craft Bag Idea

gnollhide
gnollhide
Soul Shriven
I've brought this up with my friends who play, many of whom are big time crafters, and we all agree that the thing crafters miss the most out of ESO Plus is the infinite storage of the craft bag. I brought up the idea of, what if they allowed us to purchase a permanent unlock for the craft bag, but set the price up very high? I would gladly buy up to like 200 dollars worth of crowns to permanently unlock the bag for the times when I'm just not able to fit a plus subscription into my monthly budget. It'd be the perfect thing to advertise around Christmas Bonus season. What do y'all think?
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less money for ZOS = no chance.

Simple as that.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So many people would drop eso plus , so I can't see zos doing this as they would lose a steady revenue
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy to be a permanent subscriber as it supports zos. I am happy with my eso plus as is. Some people complain about the subscription but then they don't mind blowing their money on going out partying and drinking. I'd rather spend my entertainment budget on a game that keeps me amused for hours,days,months and years. I'm tired of hearing people complain about the subscription, really it's not that much at all for the quality you are getting. I don't mean to offend anyone with my comment, I'm just being honest in my personal opinion.If you hate my opinion it is fair as you have that right. 😊
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The craft bag is great, I love it when I get my free trials of ESO Plus. But I would never pay real money for the convenience. There is no real reason to sub to this game on a regular basis so I choose not to.

It it was sub only I would gladly pay but it isn't so I seldom sub.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    thats a horrible idea...
  • DragonHeart000
    I would gladly buy up to like 200 dollars worth of crowns to permanently unlock the bag...

For $200 you can buy almost 500 days of eso+. You also get some other great benefits with eso+ so if you were looking for having a crafting bag for a long time just buying eso+ would be significantly better. Besides as stated by @White wabbit
    So many people would drop eso plus, so I can't see zos doing this as they would lose a steady revenue

steady income is way more important to any buissness that makes regular updates on a single project than just some burst of one time income. For the game to continue to be updated the game needs to continue to be profitable long term.
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC
    Guild Master For <Discontinued> a guild for collectors of discontinued items!
    Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/w7bNDCu
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather see a way to expand our bank further. Those boxes are not remotely close enough. Storage is a huge pain in the ass right now and it gets worse with each patch. I'm getting to the point where I dislike having new patches because of inventory, despite looking forward to the content.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    I think a 100/200 slot(stacks arent infinite like in the craft bag)material storage coffer is a fine middle way. I really doubt theyll let you buy the craft bag as it is the main selling point of plus.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it weren't for the craft bag there's a good chance I probably wouldn't sub. When I returned to the game I was determined to not bother subscribing because I felt like I didn't need all the bells and whistles.
    Boy was I wrong. Few days in I realised I needed that craft bag, so I subbed. After hearing this little story, can you see why ZOS would not want to give out the crafting bag permanently? They got me, and they know it. I don't mind, though. It's absolutely worth it, along with the double bank space. I have no issue paying for convenience.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never gonna' happen, for good reason. Sorry OP.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    Less money for ZOS = no chance.

Simple as that.

This. It was a decision made by the business people and Zos has been clear it will never be available other than ESO+. That is the best regular revenue source Zos gets. Much more valuable than a customer that buys the DLCs instead of subbing.

In other words, if you really want it you will subscribe. You will not bet it any other way.
    Edited by idk on March 2, 2019 8:32PM
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be no reason to get the eso+.

Thats the only good thing for eso+.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    make both an option so ZoS gets paid
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    make both an option so ZoS gets paid

If both options cost the same, why not get ESO+, then?

If the separate crafting bag costs less than ESO+, why would ZOS agree to lose a reliable source of income?
    Edited by Watchdog on March 4, 2019 5:55AM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I am happy to be a permanent subscriber as it supports zos. I am happy with my eso plus as is. Some people complain about the subscription but then they don't mind blowing their money on going out partying and drinking. I'd rather spend my entertainment budget on a game that keeps me amused for hours,days,months and years. I'm tired of hearing people complain about the subscription, really it's not that much at all for the quality you are getting. I don't mean to offend anyone with my comment, I'm just being honest in my personal opinion.If you hate my opinion it is fair as you have that right. 😊

Wow finally someone who actually enjoys the game without whinning !

Great job !
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »

Great job !

Obviously a sponsored comment
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Great job !

I can only assume this was intended a humor as it should be clear many of us are happy to subscribe and get the benefits.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Great job !

I can only assume this was intended a humor as it should be clear many of us are happy to subscribe and get the benefits.

Of course. I think the ESO subscription model is more than fair, and one of the most well designed and balanced out of every MMO I've played.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Great job !

Of course. I think the ESO subscription model is more than fair, and one of the most well designed and balanced out of every MMO I've played.

True. Have only played one game that had a mixed business model other than this one and I think it is the most fair to both sides, those who sub and those who do not.

I subbed the entire time form launch to the change and the main reasons I sub today are what they added, mostly crafting bag. It has been cheaper to just buy DLCs, but the sub value is pretty good for active player.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I agree with people saying that craft bag should be ESO+ exclusive, I generally think that something as simple as inventory management should not be kept hostage behind optional subscription. Now look, it is not about money, but rather simple convenience. Some people simply dont like subscription model, no matter how much money they have. It is a matter of taste.
    Curently (to my knowledge) we have something like 240+ total number of crafting items. More than a regular maxed bank space. Right now it is less noticable, but will be a huge problem in a future (more content, more crafting mats).
    This simply needs to be updated. 240 bank slots was fine when the game has launched back in 2014. Now it is simply not enough.

Some ideas:
    - Allow to upgrade bank space futher than 240 slots: whatever the new cap will be it is a win - win since eso+ will get double.
    - Introduce (either buyable via crown store or grindable to unlock) "free" eqivalent of craft bag with heavy limitation (one stack of each item or even one type of each item etc.)
    - Introduce new type of furnishing, similar to storage chest, but you will be able to keep only specific type & amonut of crafting mats inside. Those items will be visable when using crafting stations. Example: "Woodworking supplay crate" will allow you to keep 1 stack of each tier of woodworking crafting mats.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I agree with people saying that craft bag should be ESO+ exclusive, I generally think that something as simple as inventory management should not be kept hostage behind optional subscription. Now look, it is not about money, but rather simple convenience. Some people simply dont like subscription model, no matter how much money they have. It is a matter of taste.
    Curently (to my knowledge) we have something like 240+ total number of crafting items. More than a regular maxed bank space. Right now it is less noticable, but will be a huge problem in a future (more content, more crafting mats).
    This simply needs to be updated. 240 bank slots was fine when the game has launched back in 2014. Now it is simply not enough.

Some ideas:
    - Allow to upgrade bank space futher than 240 slots: whatever the new cap will be it is a win - win since eso+ will get double.
    - Introduce (either buyable via crown store or grindable to unlock) "free" eqivalent of craft bag with heavy limitation (one stack of each item or even one type of each item etc.)
    - Introduce new type of furnishing, similar to storage chest, but you will be able to keep only specific type & amonut of crafting mats inside. Those items will be visable when using crafting stations. Example: "Woodworking supplay crate" will allow you to keep 1 stack of each tier of woodworking crafting mats.

I can certainly get behind allowing people to increase their bank slots. We have many new DLCs, and lots of new materials and gear to horde.
    But the craft bag needs to remain ESO+ exclusive. It's quite literally the main selling point of the optional subscription. All the other crap you get are just bonuses. The crafting bag is what people want the most. There can be no free substitutes of it, even if they are slightly gimped.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some ideas:

I can certainly get behind allowing people to increase their bank slots. We have many new DLCs, and lots of new materials and gear to horde.
    But the craft bag needs to remain ESO+ exclusive. It's quite literally the main selling point of the optional subscription. All the other crap you get are just bonuses. The crafting bag is what people want the most. There can be no free substitutes of it, even if they are slightly gimped.

But there already are free substitutes for it? What else do we call all of our bank space and inventory spots on our characters? Oh, and those storage boxes you can buy with master writ vouchers?
    Edited by Starlock on March 4, 2019 1:44PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think you've got more chance of getting class change ( and that's very unlikely to happen) than getting the craft bag unlocked
  • Synnastix
    Synnastix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love ESO and the sub price is peanuts to me from a “can I afford it?” Perspective. That said, I would drop my sub if it weren’t for the craft bag. I never really go to DLC zones and hate getting DLC dungeons when I rando queue. If the craft bag could be permanent and they add a way to omit DLC dungeons from my queue, I might still sub.

Basically it boils down to what pisses me off more, and right now having a hoard means people are just going to have to deal with getting me in a DLC dungeon I never said I was good enough to be in.
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dislike the eso+ model because i feel like i'm losing money if i'm not playing. I can easily afford eso+ and i spend WAY more money in the crown store compared to the subscription cost. Still if i subscribe the game start to feel like a "Job" to me where i have to play.

Yes i know this is a psicological thing and it will not extend to all players.

Still i agree that giving the infinite bag to everyone will kill eso+.
    A nice solution to support both the eso+ and dlc model is to sell more in house chests where to store our materials.

Since every dlc add to the bag needed space Zos should release a new in house chest with 40 slots for each new expansion this way eso+ bag is still more convenient but dlc players can purchase the chest and put in the extra work to sort items.

I think eso+ at the moment is not such an economic advantage for Zos because limiting the in house items and the ability to color costumes can damage crown store sales for non eso+ players (like in my case).
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some ideas:

Good thoughts. However, ESO has a right to incentivize subscribing and as is stands the "penalty" for not subscribing is fairly small and how they have been working it is within those rights.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Some ideas:

On more than one occasion, I've suggested various ideas for a limited version of the craft bag for non-ESO+ members (similar to your 1st and 3rd options), but I don't think it will happen. Any opportunity for players who are only subbing for the crafting bag to stop subbing will mean lost revenue for ZOS.

They need the steady income that subs provide, as stated previously. While I believe that the crafting bag should have been made available to all players from the beginning, removing it from ESO+ now will result in a loss of subs, and thus a loss of steady revenue.

At least the OP was proposing a large sum of money for the bag. I've seen others ask for the bag to be put in the CS but for no more than 2000 crowns, LOL.

I do agree, however, that inventory management gets worse with each update, as more items are introduced. We've only had one increase in the number of bank slots since the game began (other than the introduction of double bank space for ESO+). I do think it's time to get the bank up to 300 slots. I think that's preferable to more storage chests, which can only be accessed from your home, and then all that inventory is split up into the various chests - although they certainly allow for organization of various types of items.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want the Craft Bag, Subscribe.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If you want the Craft Bag, Subscribe.
    This.

Every time someone decides to revive this dead horse, they never work out the math compared to those that have been paying for years. They also don't work out the math for those that would continue to do so.

OP, add a zero. If you're willing to front a one-time fee equivalent to 120 months worth of ESO+, we'll talk. Considering most would think that's too high, your option is to sub.

The absurd price of $200 would massively devalue those that have been paying far more, for far longer, even if intermittently.

The even craft bag for free a handful of times per year with trial ESO+ events.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Permanently Unlock Craft Bag great idea! I agree and fully support the author of the topic!
    ready to pay the amount equivalent to an year eso+ subscription
    Silaf wrote: »
    I dislike the eso+ model because i feel like i'm losing money if i'm not playing. I can easily afford eso+ and i spend WAY more money in the crown store compared to the subscription cost. Still if i subscribe the game start to feel like a "Job" to me where i have to play.

I have exactly the same feeling, so I will never buy eso+
    Edited by Sergg007 on March 5, 2019 9:16PM