Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What gives, ZoS?

Valliskairn
Valliskairn
Soul Shriven
I rarely complain like this, but I suppose I am fed up.

Yesterday, I was unable to patch the game. I thought that a clean reinstall would help (I have had to do this several times). I couldn't get the launcher to work properly and I manually added the depot files that were not being added (I had to do this even after I disabled my antivirus). I kept getting those hostget errors, and I had to use a VPN free trial just reinstall the game after I had fixed the launcher.

I contacted support because I don't think this is an ISP issue. If it were, the VPN work around wouldn't have worked because the network pathing is almost the same as it would be without the VPN. I think this is an issue with ESO. I am excited to finally be able to log in after 3 days of not being able to play, and I get a message that says that either my password is incorrect (it's not) or my account is inactive. I have not received any email from zenimax, but I do see that the 'account system' is currently under maintenance. Does this affect my ability to log in or am I still experiencing an individual problem?

P.S. I couldn't even send my host data log as an attachment when I submitted a ticket. Seriously? Your own system is not capable of receiving the tools you give us to diagnose issues? This is kind of a no-brainer.
  • Valliskairn
    Valliskairn
    Soul Shriven
    Wow. I was just able to log in using a VPN. I really like ESO, but I have never, ever, had to use a VPN to log into a game before. Something is very wrong with this picture.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try sending a ticket again, their answer really depends on the person answering it. sometimes they are helpful. sometimes they are not. gotta keep addressing them through support.