The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

suggestion - enable combat logging and combat parsers at least on PTS

Vyvrhel
Vyvrhel
✭✭✭
I absolutely understand why the combat logs and parsers are disabled on live servers. But I believe it would help people testing on test server a lot to have this feature enabled. Since you need to download another client for a PTS, would it be a problem to enable combat parsing and logging so the testers can see and analyze just their own combat logs? Note that I know there are third party addons but these do not always work reliably. The ingame feature would be better.
Edited by Vyvrhel on March 7, 2019 8:50AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should have an in game feature where we can save the data to file. Then someone could design a site we can view the data in a much more helpful manner than what we do have in PC addons

They are good, but there are limitations due to how the information is retrieved. With a log that properly saves the data we could gleam more info and skilled players could offer advice such that could help refine someone's combat more than we can right now.

However, Zos has refrained form providing us with detailed information. Look at your character screen's basic information . iirc, even with addons there is still information that is not complete or accurate. It was surmised by people smarter than I that the lack of providing information was to make it harder to find out when something was not working right. Granted, many of the addons do help us detect issues, but this is not a system provided by Zos.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    However, Zos has refrained form providing us with detailed information.

I understand why are they doing it. They want to prevent harassment of players on live server which is a plaque of most MMOs where the people are kicked for "slacking". However a test server is something entirely different. Without a proper combat log, how can you say that a skill does something else it should. As an example, take the twilight tormentor bug which was recently discussed here. This is something you would never discover without the damage parse which is currently provided by a third party addon. Obviously wrong.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    However, Zos has refrained form providing us with detailed information.

I understand why are they doing it. They want to prevent harassment of players on live server which is a plaque of most MMOs where the people are kicked for "slacking". However a test server is something entirely different. Without a proper combat log, how can you say that a skill does something else it should. As an example, take the twilight tormentor bug which was recently discussed here. This is something you would never discover without the damage parse which is currently provided by a third party addon. Obviously wrong.

Combat logging, save to file, does not mean there would be any "Harassment" as you still have control over your own data and would share it at your own discretion.

I have used similar sites in other games that did save the log to file and did not share my information outside of my progression raid groups but we already do that now. If you are into serious raiding you are sharing your dps with the raid leader at some point if you are on PC. They can basically ask for a screen shot or link to chat.

BTW, Zos did permit addon and opt in setting where anyone who was using the addon could see what your DPS was if you opted in. For what ever reason that addon, FTC, is hardly used these days in raiding. Combat metrics is what is used mostly these days. It provides more information.