Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PvP March 2019

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
D7Eu1iR.jpg

They are back
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like you were fighting some challenging monsters!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For everybody stressing their heas about "bUt TeMPLaRs HAvE puRgE"

I had curse eater on. With purge
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were never gone. They also got buffed by deadly set. That is master dw rending slash. Another note, curse eater is now meta.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    want to know what the counter to this was? OP siege ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curse Eater + BTB + Maw - MagPetSorc

Shadow Mundus
    Witch Mothers Potent Brew
    3x Spell Damage - 7x Prismatic

Front Bar - Crystal Frags - Destr. Reach - Hardened - Fury - Twilight - Psijic Ultimate or Overload
    Back Bar - Daedric Prey - Power Surge - Elemental Blockade - Streak - Twilight - Atronach

Heavy Shoulders - Maw
    Medium Helm - Maw
    Light - 5x Armor Slots - BTB
    Jewelry - 3x Curse Eater

Edited by MalagenR on March 5, 2019 5:41PM
    Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    They were never gone. They also got buffed by deadly set. That is master dw rending slash. Another note, curse eater is now meta.

How is curse eater the meta now?
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its not that, its quantity over quality. Tail end of the zerg running in with me in medium armor

2i7a1if.png

Im totally going to start using spear shards now. I am sure it will strike fear into all and help in outnumbered situations.
    Edited by technohic on March 5, 2019 6:21PM
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    If its not that, its quantity over quality. Tail end of the zerg running in with me in medium armor

2i7a1if.png

Im totally going to start using spear shards now. I am sure it will strike fear into all and help in outnumbered situations.
    I like how they updated the Piercing Mark death recap note but not the Spear Shards one. Just to let the salt stay in the wound a little longer.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2i7a1if.png

What ***ing GO has their Jesus Beam tick 3 times for less than 2k damage? My god.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´m surprised you don´t post the 4,5k zaps from matriarch from pet sorcs. That´s where the true cheese of this patch lies.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

2i7a1if.png

What ***ing GO has their Jesus Beam tick 3 times for less than 2k damage? My god.

When I run 7th legion, I joke that they are actually healing me. That was within the last bit of health to. If I am at full health, they quite literally are. It happens too often these days as the zergs used to wipe, now they just stack health and armor and rely on death by a thousand paper cuts to take you out. Really, this is what the bleeds should help with but they are more effective on the every day players rather than the turtles.
    Edited by technohic on March 5, 2019 7:54PM
    Options
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    want to know what the counter to this was? OP siege ;)

:trollface::trollface::trollface:
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2i7a1if.png

When I run 7th legion, I joke that they are actually healing me. That was within the last bit of health to. If I am at full health, they quite literally are. It happens too often these days as the zergs used to wipe, now they just stack health and armor and rely on death by a thousand paper cuts to take you out. Really, this is what the bleeds should help with but they are more effective on the every day players rather than the turtles.

Just this... And since in Cyrodiil like 60-70% of players runs stam builds nobody wants bleeds to be touched. That's just hypocrisy. Remember the cry rivers because of sload semblance? Wonder were are those people now when bleeds does the same but 3x better and with 100% uptime...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

2i7a1if.png

Just this... And since in Cyrodiil like 60-70% of players runs stam builds nobody wants bleeds to be touched. That's just hypocrisy. Remember the cry rivers because of sload semblance? Wonder were are those people now when bleeds does the same but 3x better and with 100% uptime...

There are several sets and skills that removes DOTs, pressure builds, speed builds are alternative and viable counters to the Brute Force Mook meta running around.

Bleeds should keep their damage and increase the time of the ability by a couple of seconds and they'd be fine.

Options
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Curse Eater is a great option for non templars...
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2i7a1if.png

You are delusional if you think that all the people who wanted sloads nerfed aren't also sick and tired of bleeds.
    Options
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, maybe its time to create an Argonian templar called Evens-the-Odds and spam spear Shards
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »

LOL :D Curse eater is a great option? :D I can put on you for free 3 effects (elemental drain e.g.) each second, I don't even have to place 3 effects, 1 is enough to proc curse eater and waste 2 remaining, then I place bleeds on you and there you go - completly uesles set for 7s, and then I can repeat it.
    Koensol wrote: »

2i7a1if.png

You are delusional if you think that all the people who wanted sloads nerfed aren't also sick and tired of bleeds.

Ok, if thats the case then take my appologies but if I remember well there was dozens of threads and thousands of messages on this forum to nerf sload, while all I can see now are 2 maybe 3 threads where opinions are divided, sorry but I say what I see.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I´m surprised you don´t post the 4,5k zaps from matriarch from pet sorcs. That´s where the true cheese of this patch lies.

Pets took up 2 bar slots and put up 2k dps. Name one other skill a PVP'er slots that takes up 2 positions on your skill bar and only accounts for 2k dps total.

If the pets are going to take up 2 slots, 3.5-4k dps
    gepe87 wrote: »

LOL :D Curse eater is a great option? :D I can put on you for free 3 effects (elemental drain e.g.) each second, I don't even have to place 3 effects, 1 is enough to proc curse eater and waste 2 remaining, then I place bleeds on you and there you go - completly uesles set for 7s, and then I can repeat it.
    Koensol wrote: »

2i7a1if.png

Ok, if thats the case then take my appologies but if I remember well there was dozens of threads and thousands of messages on this forum to nerf sload, while all I can see now are 2 maybe 3 threads where opinions are divided, sorry but I say what I see.

You're only going to use a direct burst heal with the Curse Eater set immediately after you eat something punishing. Due to the way mechanics work in ESO the time you most want to remove effects is after a burst combo - most of these combos are driven off the application of a debuff followed by spike damage.

For example, right after a NB opens on me with Incap my initial reaction is to dodge roll ani cancel the twilight heal and rotate shield spam + heal. This is when I will proc curse eater with my direct heal. Which is when I want it. As for classes that stack a ton of dots plus bleeds - the only way to deal with that is to run something that counters bleed meta, in general having a direct burst heal on your Sorc does this with use of the Twilight stacked with surge, curse eater just gives you the added benefit of a cleanse so you don't have to put out 2 shields and 2 direct heals vs. 1 direct heal and 1 shield (since the 1st direct heal will pull off the -30% health recov debuff).

Mag classes should be running ele drain this patch or have very high mag recovery - if they went the route of building phys resist / spell resist then bleed is a direct counter to resist stacking, and your deaths are your own fault.
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MalagenR
    I run 2.1k, w/resource buff 2.4k mag recovery. But, it sounds like you’re telling me I’m forced to run curse eater or purge to deal with bleed damage. Idk if you’ve had a bleed tick on you x8 but that’s like 9k dmg from an instant tick. Remember that damage scales up the longer it’s there for.

Sorry but I don’t view this type of “over performing” (be it duration or scale) as my fault.

Note: I run 3.5k crit resist, troll king, & lingering health pots. No shields & in general my self heals suck.
    Edited by kaithuzar on March 6, 2019 9:38PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    @MalagenR
    I run 2.1k, w/resource buff 2.4k mag recovery. But, it sounds like you’re telling me I’m forced to run curse eater or purge to deal with bleed damage. Idk if you’ve had a bleed tick on you x8 but that’s like 9k dmg from an instant tick. Remember that damage scales up the longer it’s there for.

Sorry but I don’t view this type of “over performing” (be it duration or scale) as my fault.

Note: I run 3.5k crit resist, troll king, & lingering health pots. No shields & in general my self heals suck.

Troll King is already your hard counter to bleeds........you can't have a set like Troll King overperforming on the healing side and not offset it with damage in a similar fashion.

so yes, I'd say if you're running lingering health, troll king, and 3.5k crit resist (can't really explain why you aren't running shields, shields are your best defense if you're wearing LA).

So, based on what I'm stating above, if you are wearing HA instead of LA to run a non-shield build, bleeds are a direct counter to heavy armor builds, most people running bleeds also run Dawnbreaker (Shuffle will give you 25% damage resist to this) so it's not a hard counter to high weapon damage medium armor builds that also run troll king + vigor (with crazy high weapon damage) and LA armor users should be running shields to mitigate burst and running as much self healing as possible to counter (if they so choose) bleeds directly.

Personally I don't think bleeds are the issue. I think the issue is Heavy Armor mitigation & Damage sets + stamina self healing being based off of weapon damage (which can get stupid high due to HA sets), and stamina sustain.

FYI - if you don't want to run Curse Eater as a Mag LA you can do other stuff, run a heavy snare build so you get breathing room during pressure phases to out heal the bleed damage, run health recov builds, etc. etc.

I think 95% of the nerf threads on the forums are completely unwarranted and that counters exist to all of these things it's just that people would rather continue to roll their face across their keyboard instead of thinking critically about how they are loading themselves out. Anyone who runs a bleed build is definitely sacrificing in other areas.

If you're talking about you running from 4 players who are zerglings and they are all running bleeds and youre mad you can't kill them all, I don't feel sorry for you.

Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    @MalagenR

Troll King is already your hard counter to bleeds........you can't have a set like Troll King overperforming on the healing side and not offset it with damage in a similar fashion.

so yes, I'd say if you're running lingering health, troll king, and 3.5k crit resist (can't really explain why you aren't running shields, shields are your best defense if you're wearing LA).

So, based on what I'm stating above, if you are wearing HA instead of LA to run a non-shield build, bleeds are a direct counter to heavy armor builds, most people running bleeds also run Dawnbreaker (Shuffle will give you 25% damage resist to this) so it's not a hard counter to high weapon damage medium armor builds that also run troll king + vigor (with crazy high weapon damage) and LA armor users should be running shields to mitigate burst and running as much self healing as possible to counter (if they so choose) bleeds directly.

Personally I don't think bleeds are the issue. I think the issue is Heavy Armor mitigation & Damage sets + stamina self healing being based off of weapon damage (which can get stupid high due to HA sets), and stamina sustain.

FYI - if you don't want to run Curse Eater as a Mag LA you can do other stuff, run a heavy snare build so you get breathing room during pressure phases to out heal the bleed damage, run health recov builds, etc. etc.

I think 95% of the nerf threads on the forums are completely unwarranted and that counters exist to all of these things it's just that people would rather continue to roll their face across their keyboard instead of thinking critically about how they are loading themselves out. Anyone who runs a bleed build is definitely sacrificing in other areas.

If you're talking about you running from 4 players who are zerglings and they are all running bleeds and youre mad you can't kill them all, I don't feel sorry for you.

95% of nerf threads on the forums are biased, that's true, but also so is that number (95%), same as amount of people defending broken things. The only difference is amount of people using those broken things, if it's used by majority, the majority will defend it. A good friend of mine, one of the best PvPers I know, from my guild created a build where bleed tick can hit for 12k (with crit) on a werewolf, meaning something like 4-5k irresistible DOT damage in PvP. Really balanced... If so can magicka get oblivion DOTs and sets that will buff it?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

Options
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MalagenR

95% of nerf threads on the forums are biased, that's true, but also so is that number (95%), same as amount of people defending broken things. The only difference is amount of people using those broken things, if it's used by majority, the majority will defend it. A good friend of mine, one of the best PvPers I know, from my guild created a build where bleed tick can hit for 12k (with crit) on a werewolf, meaning something like 4-5k irresistible DOT damage in PvP. Really balanced... If so can magicka get oblivion DOTs and sets that will buff it?

Lots of people are starting to run torugs + prismatic to deal with WW. But yes, if anything in this game is broken right now its WW, and I only say that because all you have to do is light attack.
    Edited by MalagenR on March 8, 2019 7:24AM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MalagenR

4,5k bleed crit on a werewolf is either a medium setup or a very high weapon damage spec, which means you'll most likely lack defensive capabilities or regen.
    @MalagenR

Lots of people are starting to run torugs + prismatic to deal with WW. But yes, if anything in this game is broken right now its WW, and I only say that because all you have to do is light attack.

And yet werewolf has lost damage potential every patch since summerset (summerset patch literally removed 1,5x weapondamage multiplier from their light attack), while everyone else gained more damage. The only thing that is unbalanced about werewolfs is their self heal scaling of HP, not their damage. Revert it and give werewolf back their old damage.
    Options
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭

2i7a1if.png

2k incap, 2k killers blade?

this guy got killed by a bunch of cp 200's looooool
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liww wrote: »

2i7a1if.png

2k incap, 2k killers blade?

this guy got killed by a bunch of cp 200's looooool

There was an army but check out the ranks.
    Options
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Sloads had just as many people defending it as bleeds do. People were complaining about bleeds during the sloads era and before.
    2. Bleed damage isn't that great unless you pair it with master dw or go all in with sets like blood drinker or deadly strikes. So you either lose a 5pc on one bar or go with 5 sets that offer no resources or sustain. Not to mention vdsa is still among the hardest 4 man pve content in the game.
    3. In CP bleed damage can be further mitigated by CP. Just most of us have less than 40 points in thick skinned.
    4. To get 3k+ ticks on a bleed you need to crit and for it to hit that high on a 3k+ crit resist enemy you have to stack crit damage real high.
    5. To build for those high bleed ticks you end up being pretty squishy.

I still argue the main issue is people complaining about bleeds are doing it because that's what they mostly die to. They sustain high burst night blades, laugh off dizzy swing builds and pressure mag sorcs through their burst, because that's what they built themselves to do. Along comes a bleed build their direct counter and they scream nerf.
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »
    Not to mention vdsa is still among the hardest 4 man pve content in the game.

vDSA is very, very easy if you're not stubborn about pve because you see yourself as a pvper.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Pets took up 2 bar slots and put up 2k dps. Name one other skill a PVP'er slots that takes up 2 positions on your skill bar and only accounts for 2k dps total.

If the pets are going to take up 2 slots, 3.5-4k dps

Pets also don't trigger the GCD, don't require you to recast them on targets, and provide you with defense. Pets should deal the damage of a mid tier DoT at most. 2k is very reasonable damage for a pet.
    Options
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    There was an army but check out the ranks.

so you are a tank?

Options