The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PvP March 2019

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liww wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    There was an army but check out the ranks.

so you are a tank?

Not really. Was in medium 5-1-1. Full disclose, I was probably near resist cap with rune and Bloodspawn proc. It was just a zerg all stacked in health.
    Options
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »
    1. Sloads had just as many people defending it as bleeds do. People were complaining about bleeds during the sloads era and before.
    2. Bleed damage isn't that great unless you pair it with master dw or go all in with sets like blood drinker or deadly strikes. So you either lose a 5pc on one bar or go with 5 sets that offer no resources or sustain. Not to mention vdsa is still among the hardest 4 man pve content in the game.
    3. In CP bleed damage can be further mitigated by CP. Just most of us have less than 40 points in thick skinned.
    4. To get 3k+ ticks on a bleed you need to crit and for it to hit that high on a 3k+ crit resist enemy you have to stack crit damage real high.
    5. To build for those high bleed ticks you end up being pretty squishy.

I still argue the main issue is people complaining about bleeds are doing it because that's what they mostly die to. They sustain high burst night blades, laugh off dizzy swing builds and pressure mag sorcs through their burst, because that's what they built themselves to do. Along comes a bleed build their direct counter and they scream nerf.

God this was beautifully well said. I run bleed builds OOS constantly now with my build.

Options
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still argue the main issue is people complaining about bleeds are doing it because that's what they mostly die to. They sustain high burst night blades, laugh off dizzy swing builds and pressure mag sorcs through their burst, because that's what they built themselves to do. Along comes a bleed build their direct counter and they scream nerf.

ok, so how do you counter a bleed build? It's more expensive to purge bleeds than to apply them, even if you're a templar. You can't burst down a bleed build, because their bleeds will kill you faster, or kill you after they die.

Bleeds isn't a counter. It's a crutch. If you think things need a counter, then bleeds should be countered by pretty much everything that isn't the thing they are supposedly countering (heavy armor? heals?), not just be universally effective.
    Options
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ok, so how do you counter a bleed build? It's more expensive to purge bleeds than to apply them, even if you're a templar. You can't burst down a bleed build, because their bleeds will kill you faster, or kill you after they die.

Bleeds isn't a counter. It's a crutch. If you think things need a counter, then bleeds should be countered by pretty much everything that isn't the thing they are supposedly countering (heavy armor? heals?), not just be universally effective.

Bleed builds are not universally effective.......we just discussed how it's easy to run them out of stamina through use of snares.
    Options
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭

so you are a tank?

Not really. Was in medium 5-1-1. Full disclose, I was probably near resist cap with rune and Bloodspawn proc. It was just a zerg all stacked in health.

your and their stats are both made possible by broken pve game design. nothing do to with the players.

The real problem in the room is not really them hitting like wet noodles and having high hp pool but rather you as a 'dps' or not-hp-tank reaching rediculous dmg reductions whilst still hitting like a truck. That's broken design, not 5-so ppl with 40k hp hitting you for damage you can out vigor.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so you are a tank?

your and their stats are both made possible by broken pve game design. nothing do to with the players.

The real problem in the room is not really them hitting like wet noodles and having high hp pool but rather you as a 'dps' or not-hp-tank reaching rediculous dmg reductions whilst still hitting like a truck. That's broken design, not 5-so ppl with 40k hp hitting you for damage you can out vigor.

Nothing really in there that shows my damage. I run 1 damage set, 1 sustain set, and 1 defense set, and invest in some protection trait. I give up some offense to make medium useable with lag and high possibility of getting caught by a zerg.

Its contrasted drastically when looking at this toon and then my NB who focuses all on offense because I can roll dodge into a cloak. With the NB, l then am invested more on damage and penetration. It can hit a lot harder and survive easier so long as I dont go fighting in a keep like that which my other characters are more built for better dealing with.

There's been increasing complaints about people tanking up and still doing damage but as they keep nerfing maybe things that make my first character which is in the screenshot you assume is like that(stamplar now running magicka and similar setup now on my stamsorc) it only makes my NB more attractive outside of large fights and encourages full out health tanks in zergs from my screen shot. We already are far enough that way
    Edited by technohic on March 11, 2019 10:54AM
    Options
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    @MalagenR
    I run 2.1k, w/resource buff 2.4k mag recovery. But, it sounds like you’re telling me I’m forced to run curse eater or purge to deal with bleed damage. Idk if you’ve had a bleed tick on you x8 but that’s like 9k dmg from an instant tick. Remember that damage scales up the longer it’s there for.

Sorry but I don’t view this type of “over performing” (be it duration or scale) as my fault.

Note: I run 3.5k crit resist, troll king, & lingering health pots. No shields & in general my self heals suck.

Troll King is already your hard counter to bleeds........you can't have a set like Troll King overperforming on the healing side and not offset it with damage in a similar fashion.

so yes, I'd say if you're running lingering health, troll king, and 3.5k crit resist (can't really explain why you aren't running shields, shields are your best defense if you're wearing LA).

So, based on what I'm stating above, if you are wearing HA instead of LA to run a non-shield build, bleeds are a direct counter to heavy armor builds, most people running bleeds also run Dawnbreaker (Shuffle will give you 25% damage resist to this) so it's not a hard counter to high weapon damage medium armor builds that also run troll king + vigor (with crazy high weapon damage) and LA armor users should be running shields to mitigate burst and running as much self healing as possible to counter (if they so choose) bleeds directly.

Personally I don't think bleeds are the issue. I think the issue is Heavy Armor mitigation & Damage sets + stamina self healing being based off of weapon damage (which can get stupid high due to HA sets), and stamina sustain.

FYI - if you don't want to run Curse Eater as a Mag LA you can do other stuff, run a heavy snare build so you get breathing room during pressure phases to out heal the bleed damage, run health recov builds, etc. etc.

I think 95% of the nerf threads on the forums are completely unwarranted and that counters exist to all of these things it's just that people would rather continue to roll their face across their keyboard instead of thinking critically about how they are loading themselves out. Anyone who runs a bleed build is definitely sacrificing in other areas.

If you're talking about you running from 4 players who are zerglings and they are all running bleeds and youre mad you can't kill them all, I don't feel sorry for you.

95% of nerf threads on the forums are biased, that's true, but also so is that number (95%), same as amount of people defending broken things. The only difference is amount of people using those broken things, if it's used by majority, the majority will defend it. A good friend of mine, one of the best PvPers I know, from my guild created a build where bleed tick can hit for 12k (with crit) on a werewolf, meaning something like 4-5k irresistible DOT damage in PvP. Really balanced... If so can magicka get oblivion DOTs and sets that will buff it?

Problem with the Nerf threads is that players are bringing up legitimate imbalance in a dishonest way when they call for nerfs, they offer no statistics, bell curve, or any numbers to say that X skill isn't mathematically performing within a range of other skills.

Or performing similar to like skills.

Their aim is to Nerf to the point to where only their playstyle is optimal while others are abysmal.

Lots of people with underhanded intentions.

Options
  • Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭

so you are a tank?

Did you try? I mean when I go tanky i don't hit like a truck at all. what makes me hit like a truck is crit close to 50% high weapon dmg and being squishy as ***. As soon as i add one defensive set in the ganking from stealth is no go. I add more defensive set and I can stay alive real nice with like 25% crit 25k stam and 2.5k weapon dmg…

I think there is more of a problem with your low resistance of maybe 10k which is completely penetrated by most player in pvp. So try avoid dmg more or go high into resistance. But dont expect to kill easy unless you find that squishy player that can do ton of dmg but not to you.

For example if I go dmg set up I can do 4-5k crits easy in pvp only not vs tanks. If I go tank set up I crit for like 2k if im very lucky with the same skill.

You want to take dmg? Go heavy or go light with shields. Medium is to avoid damage. Sadly aoe skills are your counter in medium. Like bleeds are the heavy counter or full penetration skills like corrosive armor dk ulti or 2h ulti.. And like light is countered by just big dmg. You can't play one way and expect to win from everyone. You will meet your nemesis in this game always.

What realy helps tho is find a team to play with. Use voice chat etc because focused skills will melt every player.
    Edited by Sypherioth on March 11, 2019 8:53PM
    Options
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    snip

it comes down to you, whilst being able to put out decent damage are still nearing resistance caps, add ontop of that CP dmg reduction and the % go high. if you can do it on a dps build, people with no fingers will be able to conjure up something even wackier, it's all gotta do with eachother.

While I agree capping damage reduction in pvp is a nerf in a way, imo it would speed up the game.
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB4 some clown blames the light attack and not the bleeds...
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options