The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Well, I guess I'm out until the Mac client gets out of Alpha Status

Gajalu
Gajalu
I can't believe how much fun this game is (when it works). But all the bugs, the crashes, the stupid gameplay mechanics—that's just way too frustrating to keep playing.

Aside from all the bugs and crashes I find myself questioning if any of the devs actually ever played an other MMO before working on ESO. So many things have been proven to not work and being inconvenient and they still let them pass.

PvE is fun and everything and being able to play for 1-2 hours without a crash is nice but as a PvP lover it's just impossible to enjoy the game on my iMac.

I got my Argonian Templar to lvl 10, ran all the way to the rededication shrine (why in the world would you force players to stick with their spent points until level ~18 until they can naturally visit a rededication shrine?), spent all my gold on the respecc and gear for healing so I can be a good support in PvP.

Home Campaign set, traveled to Cyrodiil, teleport to the fort that's closest to the battle, ran onto the battlefield (for several minutes without a horse), joined the ranks—CRASH. Restart the game, spawn in at the Morrowind gate, teleport to the closest fort, run to battle for several minutes, join the ranks—CRASH.

Even with all settings set to Minimum (makes the game look like a pile of kitten) I can barely stay in the fight for ~5 minutes before it crashes.

Now I'm stuck in Cyrodiil, no gold to respec again to do some PvE.

I'm out. Shoot me a mail when the Mac client gets out of Alpha Status.

I was so happy to finally get a good MMO to play with a native Mac client (after crying over the awful GW2 wine port crap) just to realize that the ESO Mac client is barely better than the GW2 wine port.

Please get this done. I beg you. Your game is damn *** good but all of the bugs and crashes just completely kill it for me (and I'm sure 80%+ of the Mac player base with me).
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gajalu wrote: »
    (and I'm sure 80%+ of the Mac player base with me).

Nope, not with you, sorry.

I won't and I can't deny the issues with the client crashes, of course. They're real, they're annoying, and they're being worked at. There are tweaks to alleviate the crash frequency (even switching to Boot Camp), but I can empathize with all who find them hard to accept. Nevertheless, I enjoy this game a lot in it's current state. I will enjoy it even more after the initial issues get fixed. And I frankly don't care whether it takes them weeks or months to do that. Time flies when you're having fun.

By the way, I had to smile when I read the word "respecc" in your post. The following is by no means meant to criticise your personal point of view about things. It's just an observation about a behavioural pattern I noticed in myself and others, when first coming in contact with ESO as a "MMO veteran". Let me quote this gem I found:

Perhaps the biggest hurdle ESO has to get over has nothing to do with its content or design, but in getting the average MMO player out of “Play it like WoW” mode. After years of conditioning, that’s a tall task, and an interesting development to watch.
    (source)

To put it in perspective, this is coming from SynCaine, who is one of the more hard-boiled advocates of anti-themepark, anti-carebear, open world PvP MMOs. There are seldom things I agree with him on, but this one he got damn right. ;)

Edit: BBCode fixes
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on April 9, 2014 2:37PM