Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is it advisable to get all of the skills from your classes three skill lines?

Kagesaiga
Kagesaiga
✭✭
I have been wondering this for a while if it would be a good idea to get all of the skills from the three skill lines you get from your class?

Best Answers

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll seldom use all of them on a build.

It's worth levelling them all up to morph though on case you want to use them.
    Answer ✓
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean passives, then yes, absolutely. Many people don't really read them and realise the synergy between them and your skills.
    If you actually mean the abilities, then no. I'm never going to use breath of life on my stamplar when I've got vigor readily available, for example.
    Though it is handy unlocking and morphing them on a new character, just in case you ever want to swap between magicka and stamina.
    Answer ✓
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    If you mean passives, then yes, absolutely. Many people don't really read them and realise the synergy between them and your skills.
    If you actually mean the abilities, then no. I'm never going to use breath of life on my stamplar when I've got vigor readily available, for example.
    Though it is handy unlocking and morphing them on a new character, just in case you ever want to swap between magicka and stamina.

Be aware if the passive requires a skill from that class or a weapon you don't use you may choose to skip it, as an example all the Wardens Green Balance passives except the last 'Maturation' require a green balance skill slotted, that last passive is:

"When you activate a heal on yourself or an ally you grant the target Minor Toughness, increasing their Max Health by 10% for 10/20 seconds."

Which is a nice little hp boost to to any healed target from any heal you activate, be that a Green Balance, Winter's Embrace Arctic Wind*, Restoration Staff or other skill line heal.

(With the added potential for further triggers such as set gear heals, etc. - Needs confirmation.)

* In the case of Arctic Wind it's heal is 15% of the wardens max hp, so during the Minor Toughness buff thats a 15% heal from the Wardens max hp+10% a nice passive skill synergy, especially when you realise an Arctic Wind Morph heals yourself and one other player who both get the Minor Toughness buff. (If you don't already have it active.)
    Edited by Coolio_Wolfus on March 2, 2019 12:38PM
    Answer ✓
  • Kagesaiga
    Kagesaiga
    ✭✭
    Thank you guys for answering. :)