The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nord getting rooted by Elemental Blockade

Leeched
Leeched
✭✭✭✭✭
EDIT:
Tested it some with @HankTwo and passive seems to work fine. We both came to the conclusion said Templar I duelled before must have used frost clench since this was the only skill which was able to root my Nord.

Not sure if intended or not but in patch notes it said "Nord are immunte to chilled status effect"
Screenshot_2019-02-27-05-06-54.png
Yet my Nord Warden still gets rooted by Elemental Blockade which should only work after getting applied with chilled status effect
Screenshot_2019-02-27-05-07-25.png
Edited by Leeched on February 28, 2019 6:36PM
(DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
(EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
(AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
Azura's Star Sotha Sil
I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you notice this before? Because Nords were immune to chilled for years. So that part is not new change.
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Did you notice this before? Because Nords were immune to chilled for years. So that part is not new change.

I never played a Nord before. I just race changed my Stamden from Khajiit to Nord on Monday so I sadly can't tell :/
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc

Azura's Star Sotha Sil
  • MrRudiculous
    MrRudiculous
    ✭✭✭
    Hm my main PvPer is a Nord SS, always has been a nord since creation, i never really noticed if i get immobilized or not when hit with ice blockade but i always assumed the chilled status effect meant you are immune to minor maim FROM the source of ice damage (still susceptible to other non ice damage sources of minor maim though). It is slightly misworded but i do believe that you can still get chilled and immobilized in a ice blockade so :|
    PC EU Daggerfall Covenant Sotha CP810

Vlad D Impaled - PvP StamDK
    Vlad D Milkdrinker - PvP StamSorc
    Nature's Pride - PvP Stamden
    Stibboness - PvE/PvP StamSorc
    Bret Crumbs - PvP Magplar
    Moustache Thief - PvE/PvP MagDK
    Mistress Estre - PvE/PvP MagSorc
    Arg-onion - PvE/PvP DKTank
    Yank-a-beard - PvE/PvP Stamblade
    MrRudiculous - PvE/PvP Tankplar/Magplar
    Frozen-Ice - PvE/PvP Magden/Healer
    Truth-or-Death - PvE/PvP StamNecro
    Alberto Tharn - PvE/PvP MagNecro

Aldmeri Dominion Sotha

Molten-ice - PvE/PvP WardenTank
    Niranye Eldafire - PvE Magblade/Healer
    Two sugars please - PvP StamSorc
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should not be happening. It used to affect more than just the minor maim. I know a Nord tank that would walk around away from the fires in the vDSA ice round and never get slowed, because of the immunity to chilled.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leeched wrote: »
    I never played a Nord before. I just race changed my Stamden from Khajiit to Nord on Monday so I sadly can't tell :/
    Are you sure you put points in the appropriate racial passive to unlock the chilled immunity?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm my main PvPer is a Nord SS, always has been a nord since creation, i never really noticed if i get immobilized or not when hit with ice blockade but i always assumed the chilled status effect meant you are immune to minor maim FROM the source of ice damage (still susceptible to other non ice damage sources of minor maim though). It is slightly misworded but i do believe that you can still get chilled and immobilized in a ice blockade so :|

Yeah, thats exactly what I am wondering! When I am immunne to the snare how can I be rooted by blockades secondary effect which only should apply when I am snared by chilled effect? Makes no sense imo xD

casparian wrote: »
    Are you sure you put points in the appropriate racial passive to unlock the chilled immunity?

Yes, I did
    Edited by Leeched on February 28, 2019 12:27PM

Azura's Star Sotha Sil
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least these massive resists are handy against bleeds. Oh, wait...
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, thats exactly what I am wondering! When I am immunne to the snare how can I be rooted by blockades secondary effect which only should apply when I am snared by chilled effect? Makes no sense imo xD

Yes, I did

You have a misconception there, the snare effect (60% movement speed reduction) is independent of the chilled status effect. That means Nords should get snared by blockade of frost.

However, you are right about the root. Nord immunity from chilled should prevent you from getting rooted by frost blockade. This was the case before the patch. I can't say for sure if there is a new bug, but I doubt it. Are you sure you weren't rooted by one of the other frost skills that can immobilize? The projectile from frost reach for example looks just like a frost staff heavy attack, but it immobilizes the target. This effect would be unrelated to chill immunity.

Anyway, since you apparently play on PC EU we can test this in a duel if you want (I got a magden with a charged frost staff).
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »

Yes, I did

You have a misconception there, the snare effect (60% movement speed reduction) is independent of the chilled status effect. That means Nords should get snared by blockade of frost.

However, you are right about the root. Nord immunity from chilled should prevent you from getting rooted by frost blockade. This was the case before the patch. I can't say for sure if there is a new bug, but I doubt it. Are you sure you weren't rooted by one of the other frost skills that can immobilize? The projectile from frost reach for example looks just like a frost staff heavy attack, but it immobilizes the target. This effect would be unrelated to chill immunity.

Anyway, since you apparently play on PC EU we can test this in a duel if you want (I got a magden with a charged frost staff).

I was duelling a MagPlar in Sotha and he basically spammed nothing but blockade of ice and jabs. I couldnt move at all cause I was perma rooted. Tbh it felt even more awful than on any other character. Like i was rooted, used forward, rooted again. I couldnt move at all.
    Sure, we can test it later, if you are up for it :smile:

Azura's Star Sotha Sil
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just tested on PCNA with a friend. Spent 5 mins spamming Frost Blockade with a charged frost glyph on a friend's Nord toon, so it was pretty conclusive.

The passive is working fine. You were probably rooted by Frost Reach or Shards, but were unable to pinpoint the source in the heat of combat.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Just tested on PCNA with a friend. Spent 5 mins spamming Frost Blockade with a charged frost glyph on a friend's Nord toon, so it was pretty conclusive.

The passive is working fine. You were probably rooted by Frost Reach or Shards, but were unable to pinpoint the source in the heat of combat.

I know for sure I was rooted by Blockade, I mean I stood in it and saw the ice root around my characters feet. I will test it again later.

Azura's Star Sotha Sil
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know for sure I was rooted by Blockade, I mean I stood in it and saw the ice root around my characters feet. I will test it again later.

Maybe it's stupid but... Change if you put skillpoints into racial passives, since they were reset after the patch
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's stupid but... Change if you put skillpoints into racial passives, since they were reset after the patch

I know I did set skillpoints cause I race changed him from cat to Nord and setting racial passives was the first thing I did when I logged in on that character:/

Azura's Star Sotha Sil