The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Altmer "Spell Recharge" passive is calculating wrongly — providing less mitigation than intended

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The passive is supposed to provide 5% mitigation when procced. All forms of %-based mitigation are calculated multiplicatively, and thus whatever damage you received prior to the bonus should simply be reduced to a flat 0.95x. However, testing shows that it is providing less than 5%.

In the overland, an NPC was hitting me for 859 before the passive, 822 after—a reduction of only 4.3%.

To confirm that this wasn't an unintended interaction with one of the %-mitigation CP stars, I also tested in a non-CP environment, with similar results:
An NPC which was hitting for 733 before the passive, hit for 703 subsequently—a reduction of only 4.1% this time.

The mitigation provided by the passive is simply not being computed correctly.
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Repost from my other thread in case anyone was worried that I miscalculated the stacking behavior of %-based mitigation sources:
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Before anyone interjects—I am aware that %-mitigation "stacks diminishingly" when calculated from a baseline of zero mitigation. However, my conducted tests compared damage taken before & after activating the passive as the only variable, in which case the incoming damage should have been reduced to a flat 0.95x as % sources are calculated multiplicatively. I also tested in a no-CP environment with no other % sources.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden