Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DPS as a healer for easyer content Help!

hungrymagpie
Hello! Over the last week i finished leveling my healer, I've completed vet dungs and trails, i based build from Dottz gaming and it works like a dream for end game content. But i found doing normal content/open world stuff alittle overkill for healing needs.

My current setup is below but what could I simply change to add alittle more DPS while still being able to heal easyer content?

Thinking i could change Sanctuary for Infallible Mage set? As it offers extra damage and group buffs, Swap monster set for Valkyn Skoria and maybe have a fire staff rather then lighting? Could swap a couple skills add Purifying Light,Radiant Glory and Puncturing sweeps. ?

Breton Magicka Templar:

Sets
Earthgore monster set, 5x Olorime 5x Sanctuary, Asylum restoration staff
(Collecting mending and a few others atm)

Front Bar – Restoration Staff: Healing springs, Breath of Life, Energy Orb, Combat prayer, Mutagen, Aggressive Horn.

Back Bar – Lightning Staff: Luminous shards, Channeled focus, Extended Ritual, Elemental Drain, Elemental Blockade, Solar Prison

Any feedback would be great!
Edited by hungrymagpie on February 27, 2019 2:06PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly for overworld content (and normal dungeons, etc.) I wouldn't bother swapping gearsets. Just pull off the healing skills and swap DPS skills on, you'll have more than enough damage to burn through everything even with "healing sets" equipped. Swapping Skoria for Earthgore wouldn't hurt, as it's only 2 inventory spots to keep full.

Keep the lightning staff, run puncturing sweeps. Through entropy on (you don't need to chug pots in overworld/normal dungeons). Entropy, blockade, sweeps-sweeps-sweeps (refreshing entropy and blockade as needed) will eat through everything in that easier content. Add in shards and vamp bane if you feel like being fancy, but it's really not needed. Ele drain on bosses if in normal dungeons/world bosses if you want to, but it's not really worth the cast in overworld, as everything will be dead before you really get anything out of it.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the above post ... swapping healing skills out for DPS skills won’t require investment in another set.

Once you move on to more challenging content, you’ll want the full benefits from your healing gear.
  • hungrymagpie
    Honestly for overworld content (and normal dungeons, etc.) I wouldn't bother swapping gearsets. Just pull off the healing skills and swap DPS skills on, you'll have more than enough damage to burn through everything even with "healing sets" equipped. Swapping Skoria for Earthgore wouldn't hurt, as it's only 2 inventory spots to keep full.

Keep the lightning staff, run puncturing sweeps. Through entropy on (you don't need to chug pots in overworld/normal dungeons). Entropy, blockade, sweeps-sweeps-sweeps (refreshing entropy and blockade as needed) will eat through everything in that easier content. Add in shards and vamp bane if you feel like being fancy, but it's really not needed. Ele drain on bosses if in normal dungeons/world bosses if you want to, but it's not really worth the cast in overworld, as everything will be dead before you really get anything out of it.

Thats awesome feedback! Never seen entropy skill before!

Bind an enemy with chaotic magic, dealing 2800 Magic Damage over 12 seconds and restoring 790 Health to you and an additional 790 Health every 6 seconds.

Also grants you Major Sorcery, increasing your Spell Damage by 20% for 20 seconds.

Structured Entropy -While slotted your Max Health is increased

That will save so many pots!! Ill test them skills out! Thanks for making the time ans replying
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My templar healer is what I call a 'pug healer'. She doesn't care about high end game stuff but needs to be able to deal with fake tanks, weak dps etc.

She runs Seducer, Rattlecage and Earthgore.

Resto bar: Ext Ritual, Channeled Focus, Mutagen, Healing Springs, Bol.
    Destro bar: EleDrain, Shards, Blockade, Reflective Light, Sweeps.
    MG ult on both bars for the passives and a bit of damage.

She does plenty of healing and buffing. Combat Prayer is a waste for pugs. Rather have the passive major sorcery from Rattlecage than anything SPC can offer and adore the sustain from Seducer. She puts out a fair amount of damage that is mostly incidental to her normal heal/buff 'rotation'.

If a boss gets in her face due to a fake or no tank, she does not run. Channeled Focus and Sweeps lets her 'tank' until the boss is dead or aggros on someone else.

In a dummy target parse she does about 20k dps - adequate for sure but not her purpose.

Finally, the extra damage built into her build makes overland/questing pretty fun.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you’re on the right track. IA + Olo would be good, or even Siroria + Olo. Keep the Lightning staff so that your Wall of Elements causes off-balance. You’ll get a significant damage increase if you make it a Maelstrom Lightning on your back bar.

For a monster set you could try Symphony of Blades. A lot of times more resources translates to more damage.

For dungeons I’ll sometimes lose the Resto staff entirely, go Inferno + Lightning and just heal with Purifying Light, Ritual of Retribution, and Breath of Life. In this case you lose combat prayer though. Any Nightblade DPS won’t notice (they already have Minor Berserk), but you may want to put on Slimecraw if you planning on dealing some damage yourself.

For 4 man content I don’t think orbs are worth it. You throw shards every 8s, so everyone gets one every 24s anyway, Orbs only bring that down to 20s (the synergy cooldown). For more damage go with Blazing Spear morph.

Radiant Oppression is a great skill to add for DPS. You could go with glory if you’re concerned about self healing while you beam, but either way your group is going to be without heals if you’re channeling.

Also, find a way to get Major Prophecy for 10% Spell Crit. This is typically gained through potions (along with Major Sorcery, because entropy is a weak skill). You could also get it by slotting Inner Light or casting Vamp Bane. It will boost your healing and damage.
  • hungrymagpie
    I think you’re on the right track. IA + Olo would be good, or even Siroria + Olo. Keep the Lightning staff so that your Wall of Elements causes off-balance. You’ll get a significant damage increase if you make it a Maelstrom Lightning on your back bar.

For a monster set you could try Symphony of Blades. A lot of times more resources translates to more damage.

For dungeons I’ll sometimes lose the Resto staff entirely, go Inferno + Lightning and just heal with Purifying Light, Ritual of Retribution, and Breath of Life. In this case you lose combat prayer though. Any Nightblade DPS won’t notice (they already have Minor Berserk), but you may want to put on Slimecraw if you planning on dealing some damage yourself.

For 4 man content I don’t think orbs are worth it. You throw shards every 8s, so everyone gets one every 24s anyway, Orbs only bring that down to 20s (the synergy cooldown). For more damage go with Blazing Spear morph.

Radiant Oppression is a great skill to add for DPS. You could go with glory if you’re concerned about self healing while you beam, but either way your group is going to be without heals if you’re channeling.

Also, find a way to get Major Prophecy for 10% Spell Crit. This is typically gained through potions (along with Major Sorcery, because entropy is a weak skill). You could also get it by slotting Inner Light or casting Vamp Bane. It will boost your healing and damage.

Thank you for the insight! Definitely agree that orbs are not needed unless it's in the trial! Inner light is a another good ideal!