Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP is broken | siege is way overpowerd

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with making siege stronger so that keeps are harder to take defended, but zos, if you make siege necessary to fight larger groups, make it interesting to use too.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so this level of broken isnt good enough for a hot fix? your gonna make people wait for a fix thats ruining cyro GG ZOS
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the problem is siege before this update is a joke and a slight buff is needed people shouldn't be allowed to stand in the AOE all day without worry either
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree siege need a buff, but this now on live are so unbelievable Broken and Gina actually says they discussing to Keep it. WTF!!!!!
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the EP and DC ball groups stop whining please. ;)
    Edited by marius_buys on February 27, 2019 12:39PM
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    [
    Just look at the opposing opinions here Miat.

It's almost like you can pick out exactly *who* runs in a warden earthgore ball group.

:lol:

PS: thanks for updating your add on so quick. :love:

Oh yeah. Great Job! Maybe you can add a warning when somebody is in the area and thinking about firing siege at you too!
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    This siege change, whether intended or not, has been polarizing. Some people love it and others hate it. I believe the answer lies somewhere between how it is now and how it was before to make the most people happy as possible.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    This siege change, whether intended or not, has been polarizing. Some people love it and others hate it. I believe the answer lies somewhere between how it is now and how it was before to make the most people happy as possible.

If siege is made just a little stronger, the complaints will continue. It still won't present a problem to groups equipped to deal with it, but will be an even bigger problem for groups that aren't.
    The real problem is that people expect to everyone to die to what kills them, despite the fact that some prepare for it while they don't. This is the problem at all scales which is why most posts on the forums are "nerf what kills me and buff what I do, especially if what I do isn't effective".
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

It's almost like you can pick out exactly *who* runs in a warden earthgore ball group.

Oh yeah. Great Job! Maybe you can add a warning when somebody is in the area and thinking about firing siege at you too!

Big red circle not good enough for you? Lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »

Best suggestion, Ive found, was to buff single target aspects to deal obscene DMG, but dot based to stay at murkmire levels.

This way if you hit a moving Target you are rewarded but not so OP leaving AOE circles that auto apply DMG.

But let's not forget lag was minimized heavily after this update. Something we should be encouraging ZoS to continue to review while we mess around with siege.
    Edited by Minno on February 27, 2019 7:25PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    [

The big red circles don't always show up.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Sando wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    PVP is perfectly playable if your concept of playing isn't stack up under a siege shield and 20 earthgores.

No it's not. i was in a group of 4 tonight fighting 20 AD and the 20 AD dropped a siege line of cold fire. *** this bug.

"MOVE"

I would if ZOS would do something about snares, roots, and gave us options to move aside from being a Vampire or using a 2H sword.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya can slot purge unless your health is under 14.9k too...
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

It really isn't for a lot of them. Like I've said in another thread- they call those of us that like this essentially trash players. Yet I haven't used any siege yet, and I'm the one purging/raising the idiots willfully standing there.

"Oh but I can't see the red circles! It doesn't always show up!"
    Perhaps it's alien to them to actually LOOK around at their environment and move accordingly. I've wiped loads to siege, but that's my own damn fault because 1) I was raising people thinking I'd have enough time or 2) trying to heal those raised to get them OUT of the siege because they rezzed into it instead of waiting.

But we're trash players. :D

Edit: Also, if we're trash and they're dying to siege- Why haven't they slotted purge? Or find a friend that will? Like literally a circus ape of moderate intelligence wearing those comical lederhosen could figure this out right after he got out of his Shriner's car.
    Edited by FleetwoodSmack on February 28, 2019 1:29AM
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno and @Minalan

A case of the end justifies all means? Let’s just increase the siege AoE radius to 60m and add some more sets that one shot players immediately when you come closer than 20m.

Will tremendously help with lag too. I understand NA has a lot of issues with guilds like AotP, but this isn’t a solution.

If these was implemented as a campaign rule I doubt very many people would play it for more than one week. A lot of people enjoyed the enchant bug too, but ultimately it’s not a lot of fun to obliterate opponents with no effort of your own.

And as for the lag - I experienced no difference at all on EU Sotha Sil.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

It really isn't for a lot of them. Like I've said in another thread- they call those of us that like this essentially trash players. Yet I haven't used any siege yet, and I'm the one purging/raising the idiots willfully standing there.

Perhaps it's alien to them to actually LOOK around at their environment and move accordingly. I've wiped loads to siege, but that's my own damn fault because 1) I was raising people thinking I'd have enough time or 2) trying to heal those raised to get them OUT of the siege because they rezzed into it instead of waiting.

Edit: Also, if we're trash and they're dying to siege- Why haven't they slotted purge? Or find a friend that will? Like literally a circus ape of moderate intelligence wearing those comical lederhosen could figure this out right after he got out of his Shriner's car.

lol yea when I said "avoid red circles" I mean avoid situations where someone is starting to pepper you with siege. But I mostly run solo or sideline zergs for fights as a templar vamplar so its easier for me to know I shouldnt be tanking zergs unless I can get away. I died only twice to siege that night, once when I got cocky standing there trying to take on 3 players within range of a keep and second when I forgot to purge+BOL.

Either way I just want the lag fixed and for the same time slot+population we had a nice night of relative lag free fights.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I died only twice to siege that night, once when I got cocky standing there trying to take on 3 players within range of a keep and second when I forgot to purge+BOL.

Keep the DoTs hilariously strong. I’m a Templar anyway. Best argument ever.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Minno and @Minalan

A case of the end justifies all means? Let’s just increase the siege AoE radius to 60m and add some more sets that one shot players immediately when you come closer than 20m.

Will tremendously help with lag too. I understand NA has a lot of issues with guilds like AotP, but this isn’t a solution.

If these was implemented as a campaign rule I doubt very many people would play it for more than one week. A lot of people enjoyed the enchant bug too, but ultimately it’s not a lot of fun to obliterate opponents with no effort of your own.

I played another lag free night prime time last night, and paid the new 'siege tax' only once. If the servers performed better, or certain factions wouldn't Zerg quite so hard, I would probably join in on your outrage.

But as it is. I can actually play the game and I'll take it. Every time AD showed up with 100 people and the game started time warping, we'd end up with a field of dead AD and suddenly I could use skills again.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Minno and @Minalan

I played another lag free night prime time last night, and paid the new 'siege tax' only once. If the servers performed better, or certain factions wouldn't Zerg quite so hard, I would probably join in on your outrage.

But as it is. I can actually play the game and I'll take it. Every time AD showed up with 100 people and the game started time warping, we'd end up with a field of dead AD and suddenly I could use skills again.

If only my Dark Flare could instagib 20 players at once lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

lol yea when I said "avoid red circles" I mean avoid situations where someone is starting to pepper you with siege. But I mostly run solo or sideline zergs for fights as a templar vamplar so its easier for me to know I shouldnt be tanking zergs unless I can get away. I died only twice to siege that night, once when I got cocky standing there trying to take on 3 players within range of a keep and second when I forgot to purge+BOL.

Either way I just want the lag fixed and for the same time slot+population we had a nice night of relative lag free fights.

Even then, I mean they can literally look around or even hear siege going off. When I hear it and I know it's not close, I'm still aware of the potential of getting bombed by it. So I adjust accordingly. Honestly? It's been the most fun I've had in literal years. The last time I had this much fun was back when the IC was still popular and before they added districts. The fights in there, groups were almost evenly matched and would last hours and hours. It was a great way to blow off steam and make new friends in other alliances.

But ever since districts happened along with more 'adjustments' that seemed to not even touch the performance of Cyrodiil- I've really lost interest in ESO as a whole. This actually got me out of the villa for a few hours and actually lulz about. Hopefully something good comes out of it, but I'm highly skeptical that something actually will.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just open a campaign for people to go into, hit a target dummy, and that sets off explosions and tells them they just killed 80 players and pops up a message saying "You Win!". People seem to want that more than anything.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was mentioned in another thread, but we're working on getting this fixed for our next incremental patch.

All sardonism and sarcasm aside. Please look at the actual arguments and not knee jerk reactionaries. There's people who have different playstyles and it's a real drag when a vocal minority cannot make a decision even though they're given an abundance of information. Your team spoils and holds the hands of too many players, there's visuals are more than enough time to make a decision.

Also please tell Brian to turn the Wabbajack into a Wabbajack Ballista and put it in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by TheBonesXXX on February 28, 2019 5:48PM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »
    Chiming in to support leaving sieges like they are.

Great fights. ~500ms lag at most, as opposed to the typical 3-4sec spikes in the prime time.

Milegate fights actually have a point now (that Vivec's 2 hour ash gate to nik back and forth fight).

In my honest opinion this bug is the best change happened to Cyro in 3 years^_^

That explains everything, buncha rats trying to protect their cheese.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    They should just open a campaign for people to go into, hit a target dummy, and that sets off explosions and tells them they just killed 80 players and pops up a message saying "You Win!". People seem to want that more than anything.

I have been begging ZOS for a personal I win button for years and all I ever got was nerfs and no t-shirt.