The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Now that the dual wield enchantments were nerfed, how will we make 2her better for PVE?

Narvuntien
Narvuntien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So basically there were a number of reasons people go dual wield over 2h but slowly they have been removing them and now there is an actual advantage in that 2h weapons have more powerful enchantments.

But the big issue remains.... there are no 2h Daggers for the crit bonus. Now a lot of people have suggested that we be given Spears or something but they don't really work with the current animations so I suggest just adding a crit passive to one of the 2h abilities so that you get that crit bonus regardless of what weapon you are using.

The skill I'd suggest is Carve or brawler, since it is the ability closest in functionality to twin strikes (higher upfront but weaker dot). The other ability that is popular for 2h is Wreaking blow but its super clunky and I am not quite sure why it is popular since it is more akin to snipe that any of the dual abilities but there is also the option to give that a crit strike change bonus over the empower bonus that is hard to use.

Thoughts on giving all 2h weapons a passive crit bonus to make up for the lack of daggers?
  • Fusharji_Seht
    Fusharji_Seht
    ✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    So basically there were a number of reasons people go dual wield over 2h but slowly they have been removing them and now there is an actual advantage in that 2h weapons have more powerful enchantments.

But the big issue remains.... there are no 2h Daggers for the crit bonus. Now a lot of people have suggested that we be given Spears or something but they don't really work with the current animations so I suggest just adding a crit passive to one of the 2h abilities so that you get that crit bonus regardless of what weapon you are using.

The skill I'd suggest is Carve or brawler, since it is the ability closest in functionality to twin strikes (higher upfront but weaker dot). The other ability that is popular for 2h is Wreaking blow but its super clunky and I am not quite sure why it is popular since it is more akin to snipe that any of the dual abilities but there is also the option to give that a crit strike change bonus over the empower bonus that is hard to use.

Thoughts on giving all 2h weapons a passive crit bonus to make up for the lack of daggers?

Considering the dagger crit bonus is for daggers only and not ALL 1-handed weapons, if you're going to give a crit bonus in the 2-handed weapons, it should be for only one type as a passive.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

Considering the dagger crit bonus is for daggers only and not ALL 1-handed weapons, if you're going to give a crit bonus in the 2-handed weapons, it should be for only one type as a passive.

We got sword axe and mace how about add longsword and change 2h sword in passive to a greatsword simple wording change is all

And a suggestion for SnB add a spear weapon and in one of the passives state while a spear is equipped grant 100% bonus to weapon enchant however this overrides the shield armor enchant kill 2 birds one stone buff 2h to be on par with dw and give tanks access to full crusher enchant on SnB
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The single most important change, would be allowing 2h weps to hold an enchantment proccing on offbar. 2h could be such a nice replacement for bows but because they have no AOE DOT they cant hold up a zerk enchant at 100% uptime.

Some of the abilities are a bit ***. The charge is cool for PVP, Carve is a great dot with additional ult gen, but the other seem somewhat lacking. As a frontbar web you can just use Psijics Crushing weapon, although there are issues with this being a DLC (while its BIS) and you need a class that can fill the other slots on the frontbar with meaningful frontbar abilities.

Also somone suggested spears as a crit bonus 2h wep (like daggers), this would be cool AF but ultimately probably too more effort on ZOS side than its worth. An easier solution would be further buffing the sword damage bonus (like we saw in this update) until swords are virtually identical to daggers (barring play-style choices).
    Edited by validifyedneb18_ESO on February 26, 2019 7:02PM
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Fusharji_Seht
    Fusharji_Seht
    ✭✭✭
    The odds of them adding spears is extremely unlikely. People should stop focusing on pipedreams and focus more on things they could actually have changed in the game.

If you want a crit bonus on 2H weapons, add it to one of the current ones. The most-likely candidate being the 2H sword.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The odds of them adding spears is extremely unlikely. People should stop focusing on pipedreams and focus more on things they could actually have changed in the game.

If you want a crit bonus on 2H weapons, add it to one of the current ones. The most-likely candidate being the 2H sword.

Yeah I have to agree tbh. As cool as it would be, it would be an entirely new set of animations, and a whole load of new models to do (tonnes tbh, as because of crafting they would potentially need to make models for the entier backlog of motifs).

I can only hope the off-bar enchantment proc change and/or the increase to sword damage happens. Would love for a 2h offbar rather than a bow.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    edit. ignore this
    Edited by Beruge on February 26, 2019 9:40PM
    My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming