Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Seige damage

Pain In The Axe
Pain In The Axe
✭✭✭
So how does everyone like getting one banged by siege now? I hope this is fixed quickly or pvp will be reduced to people sitting on their walls shooting siege rather than, well you know... Actually going out to fight an enemy! Any devs care to comment? or is pvp going to continue to be something yall dont want to address because of how badly its been cared for
ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
TWITCH PARTNER
CERTIFIED CHAD
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d youd bothered to do a quick search of the forums you’d know that there are other threads on this and yes the devs have already acknowledged it and are working on it. #searchbeforeyoupost
  • Pain In The Axe
    Pain In The Axe
    ✭✭✭
    we are working on it? Just like how they are working on performance right #emptydevresponses
    ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
    TWITCH PARTNER
    CERTIFIED CHAD
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least i can cloak it now.... if i'm fast enough, 2 ticks of cold fire for 29K brutal.
    Invictus
  • Pain In The Axe
    Pain In The Axe
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    at least i can cloak it now.... if i'm fast enough, 2 ticks of cold fire for 29K brutal.

one step forward but then this makes it another two steps back again :(
    Edited by Pain In The Axe on February 26, 2019 2:15AM
    ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
    TWITCH PARTNER
    CERTIFIED CHAD
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure if you can find a way to exploit this in a trial it will get fixed in about 5 minutes
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you let us know if this siege damage is intended or not?
    Screenshot-20190225-174018.png
    Edited by SippingPotions on February 26, 2019 3:01AM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure if you can find a way to exploit this in a trial it will get fixed in about 5 minutes

I'm guessing you weren't paying attention back when ZOS started getting reports about Asylum Sanctorium exploits. Either the first or the second time...

Still, why is it that every single update seems to break something new in PVP?
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »

Yeah, and they'd also ban people for exploiting it.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the greatest bug in the history of game bugs. It has solved far more issues than it created.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    This is the greatest bug in the history of game bugs. It has solved far more issues than it created.

If it does stay at this damage it needs an appropriate increase in ap cost.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »

If it does stay at this damage it needs an appropriate increase in ap cost.

I'd so be down for this. You could make it relative to what it used to cost, so about a quadruple price increase.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly highly overpowered but actually is somewhat? balanced? in open fields? The area denial is actually worth anything and isn't just some cosmetic red coloring on the ground. There are interesting fights for positi---
    (Killed in 1 second by invisible seige AOE)
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People are clearly used to dancing around in oils and siege while it tickles on their health. Reason why there is alot of crying about it.
    EU | PC
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    Do not stand under oils, roll/jump out of red circles, purge. Learn to fight players, not only doors o:)
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm for leaving it. The keep takes/defenses were some of the most exciting, and the tactics beings used to overcome seige some of the most interesting I've seen in Cyro since....like I don't know when. I'm personally also sick of seeing groups just dance about in oils under 30 seige shields. #MakeOurSeigeGreatAgain

@ZOS_GinaBruno please tell the devs not to fix this completely. I'd pay higher AP costs for more effective area denial.
    Edited by mayasunrising on February 26, 2019 9:40AM
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm for leaving it. The keep takes/defenses were some of the most exciting, and the tactics beings used to overcome seige some of the most interesting I've seen in Cyro since....like I don't know when. I'm personally also sick of seeing groups just dance about in oils under 30 seige shields. #MakeOurSeigeGreatAgain

@ZOS_GinaBruno please tell the devs not to fix this completely. I'd pay higher AP costs for more effective area denial.

Yeah right, they should even buff sieges so noobs can one shot decent players with one click, don't need to outnumber them any more, just put siege and click left mouse button once. Smart, good balance.
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This must be fixed fast wtf, 28k+ dmg from one hit siege.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. Decent players are dying at the hands of noobs, because meta has changed and trusty crutches like stacked up weapon/spell damage do not carry them anymore. ZOS help!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what we're saying is maybe we shouldn't have complained so much the last time ZOS buffed siege like scattershot?
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, it's extremely boring gameplay as it's nearly impossible to take a defended keep since people just sit there and shoot siege at each other. I ended up leaving two sieges during a stalemate and it seems like it will take hours to actually take a keep now. I'm not normally a siege person, but I am now reduced to firing siege at people, or else they will do it to us.
    Edited by Ahtu on February 26, 2019 1:45PM
  • Pain In The Axe
    Pain In The Axe
    ✭✭✭
    This won’t be hotfixed and there won’t be an attempt to fix this until Monday lol.. looks like cryo is going to be screwed for a whole week or longer depending if they successfully patch it or not. I don’t know about you guys but I don’t find sitting on a wall shooting sieges at people an enjoyable pvp experience, id much rather use the skills and sets I worked for to fight people and I believe that’s what true pvp should be primarily be about. Some sieges may have needed a slight buff but this is obviously way to much lol. Also for those that say JuSt MoVe OuT Of ThE ReD.. it’s not always that simple espicaly in a fresh patch that removed a lot of ways to be mobile and the fact most encounters are not just one siege but multiple sieges/oils pouring onto you at one single time while being snared to all hell from an abundance of enemies that pile on you at any given time. Whether you’re being an idiot and standing in the seige or actively trying to avoid it as best as you can you’re going to be hit by it and it shouldn’t be as punishing as it currently stands
    Edited by Pain In The Axe on February 26, 2019 5:39PM
    ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
    TWITCH PARTNER
    CERTIFIED CHAD
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol this is so far the arguments for/against the seiges:

- solo/small man crews "now you can feel our pain when we got zerged down by 24 light attacks and 15 sieges while fighting against a dedicated purge spammer/healrapidbot in Murkmire"
    - opponents of siege changes "ug now I have to worry about siege even though I am in the PVP mode designed for use of siege yet complain even though there are two siegeless PVP modes?!"

Siege is fine. Spent 3 hours last night attacking the side of a zerg repositioning while watching bigger groups thinking they can sit in areas they shouldn't lol.

#adaptcauseitwasplayablelastnight
    Edited by Minno on February 26, 2019 6:16PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    In my opinion, it's extremely boring gameplay as it's nearly impossible to take a defended keep since people just sit there and shoot siege at each other. I ended up leaving two sieges during a stalemate and it seems like it will take hours to actually take a keep now. I'm not normally a siege person, but I am now reduced to firing siege at people, or else they will do it to us.

Shooting siege at eachother is more action than currently happens when your disgusting faction stack walks into a keep, as you can't use any skills at all, and you don't either other than just stand on the flag to flip them.
  • Akgurd
    Akgurd
    ✭✭✭
    WTB ground oils back!
    Aknight
  • Vincelex
    Vincelex
    ✭✭✭
    Let me know how it works against AP and if the lag is less. I’ll bet gold that it’ll make them faction stack even more rather than trying to split their raids up as was suggested by everyone not a week ago. But if everyone’s fine with faction stacks now that siege is as strong as they think it should be props to ZOS I guess.
    @Vincelex
    Dracarys
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »

Quite so. In a defensive situation a stalemate is a "win" for the defender. If you are defending, stay and win. If you are attacking... you lost. Go someplace else.
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Former Mayor of Cropsford
    Former GM of Dominion Imperial Guard
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akgurd wrote: »
    WTB ground oils back!

Omg yes! xD
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't quite get the logic that one-shoting players and wrecking entire groups with a piece of inventory can be considered exciting, compelling, and interesting game-play, yet killing a player too quickly with actual abilities is bad and ruins the game.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't quite get the logic that one-shoting players and wrecking entire groups with a piece of inventory can be considered exciting, compelling, and interesting game-play, yet killing a player too quickly with actual abilities is bad and ruins the game.

I don't get that people are saying to "adapt" to something ZOS has said they're going to fix.