The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Monster Set for Magblade

• Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    thedude33 wrote: »
    I see alot of people say blood spawn for magnb and honestly I think it's a cappy choice.

Magnb can not sit and take shots anymore, we just cant. So our way of fighting is to try to not get hit and have shield up just incase we do, right? We rely on relocation and cloak to avoid any real damage. So you will never have a decent uptime from a defensive set that requires you to take agro. That 6% chance at a armor buff when hit is just not worth. Imo you're much better off running 1 skele 1 chudan for the constant armor buff, magnb has good enough ult regen you won't miss the buff from blood spawn.

Just my Feely feels on why bs is dumb for magnb

This is what I was thinking. Any good magblade I see in Cyrodil is only visible for 5 seconds or so before cloaking, moving, then reengaging. My brief time in Cyrodil last night reaffirmed that. If I was unstealthed for any period of time I got blowed up real good.

Blood spawn is actually really good on magblade maybe even BiS if you are a vampire because vampire doesn't pair well with troll king. The way I play magblade is I rely mainly on my damage shield and then I have cloak for emergencies. The thing about cloak spam is it's way too defensive. if you are cloaking alot you will never put out enough pressure to kill anyone. Cloak is needed but you shouldn't build around it.

I usually play with fortified brass/BS if I'm playing a vampire and with that combination my shields are actually stronger than they were last patch the trade off is that my damage isn't as high. Blood spawn is good offensively as well because it pairs well work magblade ultimate regen Making soul harvest basically a spammable and giving you the ability to chain resto ultimates together which also increases survivability.

Idk man I just can't agree. I really, really dont think bloodspawn is bis, I think it's situational at best. Shields are so weak atm. You have to invest so much into defense to make it viable that you kill either your damage or your sustain. Like your build fort brass bs and... I would assume offensive so let's say spinner. You now have a decent shield and damage from light and armor and spinners, but you also have like 1300 regen and 11k stam with triglyphs. You run trifood for morr stam youre like 1k regen.... its just such an investment for a completely sub standard shield. I have had good players (stam specs) catch me with combos shield up 100% hp and I just die shield and all. And im not even a vamp so the dbos is hitting you harder.

Also cloak is not exactly "way too defensive to spam" it depends in how you use it. I mean it gives you a big boy crit on your next attack so if you say it's defensive, I just say you're not using it properly.

I also know there is no way that shield is doing anything in a 1vx situation the max a fort brass shield will be like 6-7k that's a 1 global cool down attack from 2 players you would need to spam it to keep it up. So in that aspect this patch cloak and reposition is the only real viable defense

The armor master/ heavy armor builds and BS yeah they can work but non meta magnb is so weak atm (edit i felt like this needed clarity since i dont think there is a "meta" this patch, by meta i mean an offensive cloak blade in light armor)and has such a hard time is it even worth it? Is it worth investing so much into defense that you can only kill pve players and tickle serious pvp players? Not for me.

By BiS I'm referring to what other monster set are you going to use there as well. which makes blood spawn more appealing. You could always go two one price Max mag which will put up you shield size a little.

Yes I'm using spinner/brass/bloodspawn. My recovery is high because I use two recovery peices on my jewelery so that puts me right around 1700 mag recovery, and with bloodspawn and vamp my Stam recover sits at around 1k and my Stam pool is 15.5k. My shield is actually close to 11k when you factor in the extra shield strength dampen provides for 5 pieces of light armor. And that's backed behind 30k worth of resistances which make the shield actually pretty strong as long as I have magicka it's impossible to get through that damage shield. The damage is "decent" with 18k penetration. I'm still able to kill the best pvpers with my build. The only players that I have trouble with are heavy armor 6k weapon damage Stam builds. But I can shade and cripple spam them into a stalemate lol.

1vX the shield actually holds up better than my shield last patch even though I'm like 16k magicka short of the damage I had last patch. You have to think even though the shield is only 11k which is about 4k less than my shield last patch it now has 46% damage mitigation added on to it where last patch it had 0%. I've also been 1 shot through my shield this patch by a Stam sorc back when I was trying spell strategist/lich without major evasion. I've never been one shot through a shield while wearing brass though. If you have the resistances your shield will be taking alot less damage overall.

All in all I agree with a lot of what you're saying the magblade nerfs were too much this patch and it is ridiculously hard to build to have enough needed stats to play open world with. The reason I don't believe building for cloak is viable though is because if you are relying on cloak and not resistances some players can put so much damage into you when you are out of cloak that you will never be afforded the opportunity to actually fight back you will end up cloaking after every other attack. Having high resistances allow you the opportunity to actually put pressure into your opponent. I do think cloak is 100% needed I just don't believe in investing in it.

Edit: I believe when you are referring to a brass shield being only 6 to 7k you are forgetting about the 30% shield increase from dampen as well as racial and class passives that basically always get magblade to 40k magicka. The only way I see a magblade having a 6k shield would be if you are an argonian and use harness and don't put anything into bastion in the CP tree.

Lol well.. I am a lizard I have been magnb lizard forever. My shields with 1 defensive are normally 6-8 k depending on what set I'm running like am I in a 32k mag mag build or a 38. I can rarely hit 40k anymore unless in run like necro / btb and mag most of the time now I have transmute my "swift" jewels from that meta into "infused" with spell power. I have been going more max out spell damage route this patch so that may be my problem. As i said earlier or in another magnb post i get tunnel vision on builds and styles, I'm not remembering im building into spell damage and not max mag.

In place of bs because I do agree that now our class needs more defensive stats, I have been running 1 pirate 1 chudan, its like what.. 1k less resistance than bs and I lose the ult regen. However I gain a permanent defensive buff with no proc conditions, To me that is more valuable. That way when i come out of stealth, just start a fight, or have that buff drop, I'm not sitting there with 9k res and my pants around my ankles.

Over all this patch the best setup I've found for my playstyle is 5 btb 5 shackle 1 pirate 1 chudan apprentice mundus 2 infused sp rings 1 blood thirsty neck (I don't use impale). It's a very simple build, no proc, but sustains well and hits like a dump truck. Just to give you an idea of my playstyle :)
    Edited by Datthaw on February 20, 2019 12:49PM
    Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a very simple build, no proc, but sustains well and hits like a dump truck. Just to give you an idea of my playstyle :)

Just curious what is the damage on your buffed concealed weapon if you run that?

Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I'm using spinner/brass/bloodspawn. My recovery is high because I use two recovery peices on my jewelery so that puts me right around 1700 mag recovery, and with bloodspawn and vamp my Stam recover sits at around 1k and my Stam pool is 15.5k. My shield is actually close to 11k when you factor in the extra shield strength dampen provides for 5 pieces of light armor.
    As someone who plays a squishy cloaking NB (and is happy with it, though), it's nice to hear your setup works. The drawback of my build is that Dampen is woefully inadequate, even Dampen + Healing Ward is. I can indeed be one shot by some builds through my 8.5K Dampen shield. I am heavily dependant on the shade, cloak and speed instead.

That said, I do not believe you when you say you have an 11K Dampen shield. You have to invest 56 points (+20%) into Bastion and have 50K magicka to get a 10.7K Dampen shield [Correction: 12.7K - I remembered it wrong, thus thankyourat was, of course, correct]. I checked it via an addon. I'm doing this on my warden using Necropotence and Spinner on a Breton. I don't see how you can do it with Spinner alone. Trying to extrapolate from the Dampen tooltip is not a good idea, btw. Mine says I should get +30%. That's not what happens. It's more like +25% when you check it with an addon, which I used to precisely balance my magicka and health. Or are you talking PTS?

I'm curious to see your exact setup. Wouldn't Armor Master be better for a shielding setup? Gives you more health and leaves you free to use a Master destro, vMA resto, or Willpower weapon on the other bar.
    Edited by fred4 on February 21, 2019 6:39AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a very simple build, no proc, but sustains well and hits like a dump truck. Just to give you an idea of my playstyle :)

Just curious what is the damage on your buffed concealed weapon if you run that?

10,158 is my buffed concealed tt.

Other stats are 34.5k mag, 20k hp (no cyro buff), 15.5k stam, 3.6 k buffed damage, 1.8k mag regen, 17k spell resist, 15k physical resist. That's base resist no buff from shadow skill
    Edited by Datthaw on February 20, 2019 10:44PM
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget grothdaar. The increased magicka bonus is nice and the set can make for a real baddass aoe Zerg buster. Its also nice to moe down pesky stam blades that try to run and cloak. Also time lotus fan when grothdaar goes off for extra damage. Procs more than skoria and requires no dot micromanagement.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Don't forget grothdaar. The increased magicka bonus is nice and the set can make for a real baddass aoe Zerg buster. Its also nice to moe down pesky stam blades that try to run and cloak. Also time lotus fan when grothdaar goes off for extra damage. Procs more than skoria and requires no dot micromanagement.

Zerg buster?
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Yes I'm using spinner/brass/bloodspawn. My recovery is high because I use two recovery peices on my jewelery so that puts me right around 1700 mag recovery, and with bloodspawn and vamp my Stam recover sits at around 1k and my Stam pool is 15.5k. My shield is actually close to 11k when you factor in the extra shield strength dampen provides for 5 pieces of light armor.
    As someone who plays a squishy cloaking NB (and is happy with it, though), it's nice to hear your setup works. The drawback of my build is that Dampen is woefully inadequate, even Dampen + Healing Ward is. I can indeed be one shot by some builds through my 8.5K Dampen shield. I am heavily dependant on the shade, cloak and speed instead.

That said, I do not believe you when you say you have an 11K Dampen shield. You have to invest 56 points (+20%) into Bastion and have 50K magicka to get a 10.7K Dampen shield. I checked it via an addon. I'm doing this on my warden using Necropotence and Spinner on a Breton. I don't see how you can do it with Spinner alone. Trying to extrapolate from the Dampen tooltip is not a good idea, btw. Mine says I should get +30%. That's not what happens. It's more like +25% when you check it with an addon, which I used to precisely balance my magicka and health. Or are you talking PTS?

I'm curious to see your exact setup. Wouldn't Armor Master be better for a shielding setup? Gives you more health and leaves you free to use a Master destro, vMA resto, or Willpower weapon on the other bar.

I have 17% into bastion CP and that puts my shield at 8.3k without factoring the extra strength from my dampen. When I factor in the 30% increase from dampen that puts my shield at 10,790. There's no way for me to check to see if in getting the full 30% from dampen because I'm on Xbox. If it's not giving 30% though I believe that's a bug and needs to be addressed by ZoS. You have to calculate the added shield size on your dampen shield because that's what justifies using dampen over harness. Even if it's only 25% though that's still a 10,375 shield on my build.

I've used both armor master and brass what made me choose brass is that on armor master your 4th piece bonus is only active on your back bar (if you plan on using a offensive staff front bar) which makes me lose out on 3k spell resistance on my front bar which I'm always on. I'm never on my back bar for more than 1 or 2 GCDs. So I use brass on both bars and vma resto staff on the back bar.

My exact set up is spinner/brass/bs/vma resto/2 regen pieces on jewelery. I'm at 42k magicka, 24k health, 15.5k stamina 1700 mag regen and 1650 spell damage, 900 Stam recovery, and 25k resistances with bloodspawn. These are all my unbuffed stats they are pretty well rounded because I play 1vX. Armor master on both bars would be a little better than brass but it's only like 200 more resistances and like 1k health only on the back bar, but I only have 3 pieces of armor master armor and I don't have the mats or gold to craft more pieces and upgrade it.
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah. Bretons, templars and DKs get extra spell resistance on top of light armor's. I ended up with many characters that have "excess" spell resistance, so the loss of that on the other bar doesn't bother me that much. It's stamblades tearing down my shield I fear the most. I was probably also thinking back to the times when staves didn't count for two slots.

I was wrong as well. My warden has 25.5K health, 50K magicka, and gets a 12.7K shield, so your figures must be absolutely right. I got confused. Sorry.
    Edited by fred4 on February 21, 2019 6:33AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    Options
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That said, I do not believe you when you say you have an 11K Dampen shield. You have to invest 56 points (+20%) into Bastion and have 50K magicka to get a 10.7K Dampen shield. I checked it via an addon. I'm doing this on my warden using Necropotence and Spinner on a Breton. I don't see how you can do it with Spinner alone. Trying to extrapolate from the Dampen tooltip is not a good idea, btw. Mine says I should get +30%. That's not what happens. It's more like +25% when you check it with an addon, which I used to precisely balance my magicka and health. Or are you talking PTS?

I have 17% into bastion CP and that puts my shield at 8.3k without factoring the extra strength from my dampen. When I factor in the 30% increase from dampen that puts my shield at 10,790. There's no way for me to check to see if in getting the full 30% from dampen because I'm on Xbox. If it's not giving 30% though I believe that's a bug and needs to be addressed by ZoS. You have to calculate the added shield size on your dampen shield because that's what justifies using dampen over harness. Even if it's only 25% though that's still a 10,375 shield on my build.

I've used both armor master and brass what made me choose brass is that on armor master your 4th piece bonus is only active on your back bar (if you plan on using a offensive staff front bar) which makes me lose out on 3k spell resistance on my front bar which I'm always on. I'm never on my back bar for more than 1 or 2 GCDs. So I use brass on both bars and vma resto staff on the back bar.

My exact set up is spinner/brass/bs/vma resto/2 regen pieces on jewelery. I'm at 42k magicka, 24k health, 15.5k stamina 1700 mag regen and 1650 spell damage, 900 Stam recovery, and 25k resistances with bloodspawn. These are all my unbuffed stats they are pretty well rounded because I play 1vX. Armor master on both bars would be a little better than brass but it's only like 200 more resistances and like 1k health only on the back bar, but I only have 3 pieces of armor master armor and I don't have the mats or gold to craft more pieces and upgrade it.

How do you handle all these heavy armor spank and tank stam builds with only 1.6k spell damage? I'm like double your damage and these guys just shrug off my combo at times. It's like "oh you just fear mercy incap me?" "I'm just gonna get my 7th proc pop a vigor and bust rally, what combo?"

Edit, I feel sometimes things I say come off like I'm talking ***, just want yall to know that's not the case. More just blunt curiosity.
    Edited by Datthaw on February 21, 2019 1:49PM
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you handle all these heavy armor spank and tank stam builds with only 1.6k spell damage? I'm like double your damage and these guys just shrug off my combo at times. It's like "oh you just fear mercy incap me?" "I'm just gonna get my 7th proc pop a vigor and bust rally, what combo?"

Edit, I feel sometimes things I say come off like I'm talking ***, just want yall to know that's not the case. More just blunt curiosity.

That's my unbuffed spell damage. My buffed spell damage with beseker glyph active is 2.6k I believe. You also have to factor in all the penetration I have as well 18k pen is a 27% damage boost along with 42k magicka that also boost my damage. From a statistical standpoint I actually believe my build might have better damage than the build you shared or is at least comparable.

If we convert our stats into magicka so we can easily see the total damage your builds 3600 sd is the equivalent of 37.8k magicka and then when you add the 34k from your magicka pool it comes out to 71.8k effective damage. My 2600 SD comes out to 27.3k magicka and then when I add 42k magicka it comes out to 69.3 effective damage but that's not counting the 5% damage increase from spinner which would put my effective damage up to around 73k. I'm not actually sure how to factor in the extra damage from bloodthirsty into this but that's additional damage your build has as well as this is just a quick estimate there are other things like crit that we would have to account for.

Overall I believe our damage is at least comparable. Your sustain will be alot better than mine because you are an argonian. I switched from argonian last month because I wanted to play light armor and I felt the extra sustain from argonian was over sustaining so I could go dark elf and get more damage. My defenses on my build are alot better because I have 30k resists when fully buffed and I have better ultimate generation. Which allows me the opportunity to apply more pressure to my opponents. Heavy armor players in 7th are a problem in a duel for sure but that's not just a magblade problem. All classes are going to struggle to kill that player.
    Options
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's my unbuffed spell damage. My buffed spell damage with beseker glyph active is 2.6k I believe. You also have to factor in all the penetration I have as well 18k pen is a 27% damage boost along with 42k magicka that also boost my damage. From a statistical standpoint I actually believe my build might have better damage than the build you shared or is at least comparable.

If we convert our stats into magicka so we can easily see the total damage your builds 3600 sd is the equivalent of 37.8k magicka and then when you add the 34k from your magicka pool it comes out to 71.8k effective damage. My 2600 SD comes out to 27.3k magicka and then when I add 42k magicka it comes out to 69.3 effective damage but that's not counting the 5% damage increase from spinner which would put my effective damage up to around 73k. I'm not actually sure how to factor in the extra damage from bloodthirsty into this but that's additional damage your build has as well as this is just a quick estimate there are other things like crit that we would have to account for.

Overall I believe our damage is at least comparable. Your sustain will be alot better than mine because you are an argonian. I switched from argonian last month because I wanted to play light armor and I felt the extra sustain from argonian was over sustaining so I could go dark elf and get more damage. My defenses on my build are alot better because I have 30k resists when fully buffed and I have better ultimate generation. Which allows me the opportunity to apply more pressure to my opponents. Heavy armor players in 7th are a problem in a duel for sure but that's not just a magblade problem. All classes are going to struggle to kill that player.

Yeah that blood thirsty is wild, I hit someone for a 6k non crit swallow soul the other day. Was like "daaaaaaamn"
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah that blood thirsty is wild, I hit someone for a 6k non crit swallow soul the other day. Was like "daaaaaaamn"

I thought bloodthirsty only gives max 10% extra damage for enemies who have less then 25% health. So 6k non crit wouldn't be that normally like 5400 without bloodthirsty?
    Or does it add up if you use 3 jewels with bloodthirsty?
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

I thought bloodthirsty only gives max 10% extra damage for enemies who have less then 25% health. So 6k non crit wouldn't be that normally like 5400 without bloodthirsty?
    Or does it add up if you use 3 jewels with bloodthirsty?

I just think it was some sad soul in all pve gear with wacked out cp. I mean they went down in like 3 hits. But I do have a just under 10k swallow soul tool tip so without anything else in consideration I'm hitting for around 5k swallow souls
    Options
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on another note - not regarding monster sets but front bar weapons - has anyone ever tried a resto for damage bar??

I think there might be viability to it, because most destro staff passives actually provide no benefit to our playstyle. The only ones really being active is 8% more single target damage and increased status effect change (which doesn't really benefit too much).

On resto, you get permanent increased healing, have the same spell damage, stronger heavies which also are not dodgeable, major mending and to some extend also mag recovery when blocking.

sounds like the way better trade off to me, especially cuz magblade can use some increased healing passives very well
    Edited by Jeezye on February 24, 2019 12:17PM
    Options
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People still running two hand back bar for forward momentum?
    Options
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    on another note - not regarding monster sets but front bar weapons - has anyone ever tried a resto for damage bar??

I think there might be viability to it, because most destro staff passives actually provide no benefit to our playstyle. The only ones really being active is 8% more single target damage and increased status effect change (which doesn't really benefit too much).

On resto, you get permanent increased healing, have the same spell damage, stronger heavies which also are not dodgeable, major mending and to some extend also mag recovery when blocking.

sounds like the way better trade off to me, especially cuz magblade can use some increased healing passives very well

Good point, although don't many use destro Reach spell for CC?
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

Options
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

Good point, although don't many use destro Reach spell for CC?

I actually used it a lot and went back to fear because it's undodgeable, unreflectable and goes through block
    Options
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

Well since the destro passives are applied 'while equipped' it's hard to not use destro for damage (you forgot the 10% penetration). But with the last changes to proc conditions I could imagine a frost backbar so you could proc frequently the backbar glyphe with WoE or Reach. Another point from running restro damage bar is you don't have to slot siphoning attacks or ele drain.
    PC EU - DC only
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There’s a fairly big difference between using a resto and destruction staff for damage. I think you’re going the wrong direction in adapting to the weak state of the magblade class.

As a healer when I do see a magblade their main issue is they get bursted down before I can get a heal off to save them. I think most resto heals are too weak to be able to help a magblade’s survivability. Harness magicka is stronger than anything from resto.

I don’t think hybrid would work well as a NB either. Cloak plus the support abilities for it take up too much bar space, plus as a healer you have to load up your healing bar with siphoning abilities for the passives. Magblade to me looks like it was designed to make hybriding difficult, even before the last nerfs to magblade - if you want to be a hybrid go Warden or Templar. Magblades are stuck between a choice of full healer or class canon (without a canon).
    Edited by Iskiab on February 24, 2019 11:42PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People still running two hand back bar for forward momentum?

Front bar.
    Options
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    There’s a fairly big difference between using a resto and destruction staff for damage. I think you’re going the wrong direction in adapting to the weak state of the magblade class.

As a healer when I do see a magblade their main issue is they get bursted down before I can get a heal off to save them. I think most resto heals are too weak to be able to help a magblade’s survivability. Harness magicka is stronger than anything from resto.

I don’t think hybrid would work well as a NB either. Cloak plus the support abilities for it take up too much bar space, plus as a healer you have to load up your healing bar with siphoning abilities for the passives. Magblade to me looks like it was designed to make hybriding difficult, even before the last nerfs to magblade - if you want to be a hybrid go Warden or Templar. Magblades are stuck between a choice of full healer or class canon (without a canon).

I'm not too sure where you take the argument from that hybrid (in the sense of damag + healing) doesn't suit nightblade. Especially last patch this setup was increadibly effective with path, swallow soul and sap damaging enemies and healing allies at the same time. I was constantly rocking most healing in BGs while having enough damage to kill snipers and assist in group pressure.

I do agree ZOS kind of killed that playstyle with the changes to strife and path (which got me increadibly upset).
    ChefZero wrote: »

Well since the destro passives are applied 'while equipped' it's hard to not use destro for damage (you forgot the 10% penetration). But with the last changes to proc conditions I could imagine a frost backbar so you could proc frequently the backbar glyphe with WoE or Reach. Another point from running restro damage bar is you don't have to slot siphoning attacks or ele drain.

The 10% penetration only applies to destro abilities which you likely dont even use. Meanwhile the healing increase of resto also benefits dark cloak, swallow and path.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm not too sure where you take the argument from that hybrid (in the sense of damag + healing) doesn't suit nightblade. Especially last patch this setup was increadibly effective with path, swallow soul and sap damaging enemies and healing allies at the same time. I was constantly rocking most healing in BGs while having enough damage to kill snipers and assist in group pressure.

I do agree ZOS kind of killed that playstyle with the changes to strife and path (which got me increadibly upset.

I didn’t think any magblades still used strife in pvp. I usually see crushing shock or concealed weapon used as the spammable. Problem with strife being it’s reflectable. Path is decentish but I wouldn’t use it as a magblade.

I looked at playing a more hybrid style in pvp and decided against it. Path’s area is too small, strife costs too much and is too weak, the other healer ability healthy offering can’t be used unless you have strong healing to offset the health drain. I just don’t think NB has the tools.

Compare that with a warden or Templar who can hybrid using S&B plus a destro staff. If there is a good hybrid skill setup for NB I’d love to see it.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I do agree ZOS kind of killed that playstyle with the changes to strife and path (which got me increadibly upset.

I didn’t think any magblades still used strife in pvp. I usually see crushing shock or concealed weapon used as the spammable. Problem with strife being it’s reflectable. Path is decentish but I wouldn’t use it as a magblade.

I looked at playing a more hybrid style in pvp and decided against it. Path’s area is too small, strife costs too much and is too weak, the other healer ability healthy offering can’t be used unless you have strong healing to offset the health drain. I just don’t think NB has the tools.

Compare that with a warden or Templar who can hybrid using S&B plus a destro staff. If there is a good hybrid skill setup for NB I’d love to see it.

yeah I was totally relating to the playstyle being viable BEFORE strife and path nerfs. Even that supportish damage dealing healer playstyle got killed, theres literally no interesting incentive left for me to play my main
    Options