Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Issue during character creation - disconnect for inactivity

prtpj1ub17_ESO
prtpj1ub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi.

I cant create a new character to play, if I want customize it.

During customizing process, after a few minutes the game back to login screen showing me a msg which I was disconnect for inatictivy.

If I choose a "random appearance" I can create without problems.
I think ZOS did put a timer running during character creation as the same on character selection screen to disconnect afks.
But the game shouldn't consider a player afk if the player is changing stuffs on toon appearance clicking and sliding

Anyone knows how to resolve this issue???
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which system? Has this issue always happened to you?
  • prtpj1ub17_ESO
    prtpj1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Windows 10 Home 64bits

Not always happened, but since I came back to ESO in 07/2018 began to happen.

• Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I've taken 20+ minutes to create a character before. As long as you do not just let the game sit with no input (moving a slider etc) for over 10 minutes it wont time you out.
  • prtpj1ub17_ESO
    prtpj1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wavek wrote: »
    As long as you do not just let the game sit with no input (moving a slider etc) for over 10 minutes it wont time you out.

That not the case. I was changing my bosmer's chin and BOOM..disconnected...
    When I start to create a new char, I do a lot of input, customizing a lot, but even doing that, I got disconnected
  • prtpj1ub17_ESO
    prtpj1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    And I'm afraid have the same issue when I will try to use my race change token, and for some reason or bug loose the token after a disconnect...
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you're in character creation, it seems that the server thinks you're still idle at the character selection screen. I also believe the duration of the initial login load screen is counted against you (as people sometimes get kicked for inactivity before load screen even finishes).

If I think I'll need more time for character creation, I log into a character then log out back to the character screen, in order to reset the idle timer.
  • prtpj1ub17_ESO
    prtpj1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mudcrabber wrote: »
    When you're in character creation, it seems that the server thinks you're still idle at the character selection screen. I also believe the duration of the initial login load screen is counted against you (as people sometimes get kicked for inactivity before load screen even finishes).

If I think I'll need more time for character creation, I log into a character then log out back to the character screen, in order to reset the idle timer.

I will try that
  • prtpj1ub17_ESO
    prtpj1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mudcrabber wrote: »

Hi again.

Did not work.
    I did play for a few minutes and did logout back to select screen.
    I did start a cronometer with my smartphone and was fast. After 1:54min I got disconnected with a unknown error
    I logged back and tried again. While customizing my new char, after 6:08min I got disconnected again...

I'm sad...
  • prtpj1ub17_ESO
    prtpj1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I did a few more tests.

If I play the game and logged out to char select screen, I got disconnected after 2:00 with this message:
    "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again"

But, if I login and keep on char select screen I got disconnected after 6min later with this message:
    "Lost conection due to inactivity. Please log in again"

I did repeat this test above, 3 times and always the same result. I understand why I got disconnect after 6min without play anything, but I dont understand why I got disconnected after play the game after 2min
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PCNA. There seems to be an inactivity timer on the login screen, which is fine enough, but it also seems to ignore all actions on the login screen as contributing to activity. I suspect it's coded to query player movement same as the in game AFK systems, but, of course, you don't move while you're performing character creation, so the system flakes.
  • prtpj1ub17_ESO
    prtpj1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

PCNA. There seems to be an inactivity timer on the login screen, which is fine enough, but it also seems to ignore all actions on the login screen as contributing to activity. I suspect it's coded to query player movement same as the in game AFK systems, but, of course, you don't move while you're performing character creation, so the system flakes.

So... can I create a new char, but I cant customize?
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (PC/EU) I have not timed out while customizing character but have timed out many times after getting it perfect while trying to find a short name not already taken. TBH I'm not _that_ twiddly on appearance so I'm not sure if its just ~10min timer total or really short timer during name bingo. Whatever, have to start again when that happens which is annoying.

Last char I generated did not time out, but after getting in game found out I had accidentally wrong class when trying to do character as fast as possible and had to delete and start again. Character generator should not time out and make people feel need to rush it, its even more annoying than losing the work.
  • Skjoldur
    Skjoldur
    ✭✭✭
    Can't even make my new Necromancer. After maybe 2 minutes I get a generic "An error occured" message. And no official response within 2 months? This is ridiculous.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this happen, it is annoying to say the least. I've also been disconnected when playing at the outfit station for "too long" looking at all the outfits I don't have yet to see what they look like so I can decide if I want to try to get them.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • JB_den
    JB_den
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue, I get d/c'd in character creation in seconds, not minutes. I literally using the randomize appearance to pick a look at still get d/c'd. Can I make a new character or not, what gives.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, @prtpj1ub17_ESO, didn't see this until someone necroed the thread. You can customize, you just need to be a little efficient about it. If you're sitting there waffling over choices, that's where the problems seem to happen. If you're tinkering a little, but have a solid idea of what you want your character to look like, you should be fine. This only seems to happen when people are taking a lot of time in character creation.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JB_den wrote: »
    Same issue, I get d/c'd in character creation in seconds, not minutes. I literally using the randomize appearance to pick a look at still get d/c'd. Can I make a new character or not, what gives.

@JB_den, you're going to need to open a ticket for that issue. That's not normal behavior. You'll also probably need to go through a few rounds of automated responses, just update the ticket if the information provided isn't helpful (which, I mean, it's probably not going to be.)
  • prtpj1ub17_ESO
    prtpj1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, @prtpj1ub17_ESO, didn't see this until someone necroed the thread. You can customize, you just need to be a little efficient about it. If you're sitting there waffling over choices, that's where the problems seem to happen. If you're tinkering a little, but have a solid idea of what you want your character to look like, you should be fine. This only seems to happen when people are taking a lot of time in character creation.

But create and customize a new character in any RPG take a time. I believe many players who love RPG, like to create the "perfect" character. Know that meme?
    FPS "I'm playing this game for 2h hours and loving it"
    RPG "I did finish my character creation after 2h, let's play"

Of course players doesnt needs 2h to customize a new character, but 5-6min is too short.
    This timer could be a little longer, maybe 15min or 10min.

In the past, I did play another MMO which during the char's customization the game generated and provided a alphanumeric sequence, similar a "fingerprint", representing each modification made. Each new modification on appearence generated a new sequence. If ESO has something like this, players could copy and paste to save that "draft".
    OR that locks could "survive" after a disconect, but everything got a reset after that.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the thing, I could have sworn the timer was 15 minutes in chargen. So, for some reason you're getting shoved out in less time than that. Not sure why.
  • prtpj1ub17_ESO
    prtpj1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

That's the thing, I could have sworn the timer was 15 minutes in chargen. So, for some reason you're getting shoved out in less time than that. Not sure why.

And apparently Z OS Support doesnt know too :(

Oddly I dont have issues with conection or crash ingame. My latency is ok...but on char creation screen I have this dsc issue.
    Another weird thing, if I start the game and goes directly to a new char creation, I have around 6min to do everything and finish, BUT if I was playing, log out to char selection and try create a new char, I have around 2min before get a dsc...
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oddly I dont have issues with conection or crash ingame. My latency is ok...but on char creation screen I have this dsc issue.
    Another weird thing, if I start the game and goes directly to a new char creation, I have around 6min to do everything and finish, BUT if I was playing, log out to char selection and try create a new char, I have around 2min before get a dsc...

That's weird. I wonder, how are your load times?
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi.

During customizing process, after a few minutes the game back to login screen showing me a msg which I was disconnect for inatictivy.

I think ZOS did put a timer running during character creation as the same on character selection screen to disconnect afks.
    But the game shouldn't consider a player afk if the player is changing stuffs on toon appearance clicking and sliding

Performance is better though.... :D
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • prtpj1ub17_ESO
    prtpj1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

That's weird. I wonder, how are your load times?

How long is a loadtime long?
    Thats inclued loadings after already ingame or the first time login in the world?
  • prtpj1ub17_ESO
    prtpj1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    Hi.

Performance is better though.... :D

Sry..i didnt get..