The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch downloaded, updated and now is downloading again. awesome

smackysmacks
smackysmacks
✭✭✭
So i downloaded the patch, it ran then now is downloading itself again. If i bypass the launcher i can run the game but it crashes either at login or after choosing my character.
This game. I always have issues updating it. Ive tried fresh installs in the past, copying it from a friends pc, running repairs. Once running it's fine. I was playing great before this patch, now it's all fire and brimstone.
My friend last patch, it downloaded the entire game again, he had two copies. At least for me it's just the patch, for now at least. With all the games i've played in my now long life, this game is the absolute worst for me in regards to patching and gets a solid 0/10 in that department. Making it worse is i'm in Australia with potato internet. Dropped in home today at lunch just to get it going so I don't spend all night looking at a download bar. Looks like i'm treated to the experience anyway, plus bonus double downloads to my internet quota is a treat.
One of these days i'm just going to delete it and be done with it.

cgjaf43668cy.jpg

Status: i canceled the update loop and am running a repair which will probably download a billion gigs all over again which i've already got on my drive and not fix the problem.
  • smackysmacks
    smackysmacks
    ✭✭✭
    Update: repair finished, waste of time, it's resumed downloading the patch again. Million dollar question is whether it will download it for the third time after this install.
  • smackysmacks
    smackysmacks
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Out of curiosity and frustration, I canceled the update downloading and restarted the launcher. It's now no longer downloading the update and says "play".
    It would seem the launcher at times falsely detects the status of the installation and just starts downloading the patch. This occurs even directly after a repair.

bdn2lcnop4vp.jpg
  • smackysmacks
    smackysmacks
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Crashing at character select.

b3il6467dmol.jpg
  • smackysmacks
    smackysmacks
    ✭✭✭
    Update: can't get past character select without the game crashing. Running repair again because what else can i do.
    nkq8k2vpn7gf.jpg
    Edited by smackysmacks on February 26, 2019 9:05AM
  • smackysmacks
    smackysmacks
    ✭✭✭
    Update: repair finished, it's back to downloading the patch again. I'll let it go and see what happens eh.
    3gvytiu4zhp5.jpg
  • smackysmacks
    smackysmacks
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Download completed, about halfway through applying patch it did a small repair and verify then went straight to complete. Attempting to play. Fingers crossed.
    voou1econf2f.jpg
  • smackysmacks
    smackysmacks
    ✭✭✭
    Well, 8 hours after the start of this epic patch journey, i'm in the game!!! Horrayy!

Lots of repairs and downloading the patch a few times seems to have worked. I really hope these kind of issues get addressed someday. It's frustrating and annoying.

Good luck to fellow players with patching issues, i feel your pain.
    Until next patch, see you peeps laters.