Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Templar healer - Argonian or Breton?

deathmethanol
Hi, I am planning on creating a healer character. I think the best class would be templar, so decided to go with this on. When it comes to race and upcoming changes, I cannot decide if to choose Argonian or Breton. Which one would you recommend and why exactly?
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP: Argonian, because you will be more tanky and have stamina return with Resourceful passive.

PvE: Breton, easier on your sustain, most damage you will receive in PvE as a healer will be magic, the spell resistance will help a lot and in terms of healing power both would be more or less the same I think.

Both work either way though, these would be my prefered choices. I haven't tested the racials in PTS so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go breton as im dc but i think they re both great

I think argonian maybe slightly better for pvp and breton or pve but its all very similar to me
    Edited by Morgul667 on February 4, 2019 12:15PM
  • deathmethanol
    Thank you both, your comments are really helpful! Probably will go with Breton then.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I am planning on creating a healer character. I think the best class would be templar, so decided to go with this on. When it comes to race and upcoming changes, I cannot decide if to choose Argonian or Breton. Which one would you recommend and why exactly?

breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeton ! This race has max sustain, it screams 'healer' all over it :)
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose Breton, but what do I know?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can heal everything with what ever race. One of the class representatives is a Nord Templar and has healed all of the content in the game on that race.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After next patch: definitely, without a doubt Breton for for both PvE & PvP.
    Enormous skill cost reduction, significantly better overall DMG & Healing and also a good chunk of magicka resistance.
    Sure Argonian will have slightly more health, but health is relatively easy to build (much easier than 2000 magicka). Also Argonian is not immune to defile, just the defile that has a % to occur from disease effect.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did a analysis of the race changes for healers: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455466/pve-healer-race-guide-wrathstone-dlc-pts Feel free to have a read.

But for the short answer I would choose Breton for both PvE and PvP. In PvE it is more tanky with significantly better sustain and in PvP Argonian only has more Stamina sustain which I personally don't need on Templar, but that depends on playstyle I guess.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by FakeFox on February 9, 2019 11:47AM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now? Argonian.
    After wrathstone release? Breton.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now? Argonian.
    Right now maybe only for PvP. For PvE Breton is better currently and will be even better after wrathstone.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a pve Argonian Templar and I never had a problem.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now? Argonian.
    Right now maybe only for PvP. For PvE Breton is better currently and will be even better after wrathstone.

Also argonian BiS RP healer
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After update Breton for sure. Even for PvP it provides so much more sustain you can fit in stamina regen glyph which with infused trait will give you way more regen than resourceful.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • An3rdyf8tk1d
    An3rdyf8tk1d
    ✭✭
    I'll tell you as others told me when i first started playing : It doesn't matter which race or class you heal with, they all bring something to the table. It's more about your preferred play style then anything else. This isn't world of warcraft and min maxing in this game is pointless. Enjoy.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of races bring something to table. Just depends what you want.
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are fine. Breton's seem to have excellent sustain however I've been playing an Argonian for a few years and have rarely ever have sustain issues. With the right Mundus Stone, Buff Food/Drink, Traits & Enchantments in place, you shouldn't have much of a problem. Argonian deliver 6% more healing done, which can be of use whether you prefer PVE or PVP. The Resourceful passive doesn't hurt either.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the release of the Wrathstone patch, I prefer Breton.