The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stuck in a Crash Report Loop

Tigerseye
Tigerseye
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So, I eventually managed to download the patch successfully (or, so I thought), after restarting my laptop.

Clicked Play on the launcher, game window launched normally, but brought up a Crash Report pop-up window with it.

Filled it in and clicked Submit - doing that closed both the Crash Report window and the game client.

Clicked Play again and the same thing happened.

Tried closing the Crash Report window, instead of filling it in and hitting Submit and again it closed the game window, with it.

Did both repeatedly and also tried switching my laptop off and on again.

Same thing continued.

So, I'm stuck in a Crash Report loop and can't play the game at all.
Edited by Tigerseye on February 26, 2019 3:52AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NVM
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 26, 2019 3:53AM
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had that problem on my laptop too (was getting fatal error 6) and I had to run the Repair from the launcher twice. Then I was able to log in without any more errors.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh OK, thank you. :smile:

Don't seem to be getting any option to repair, though.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 26, 2019 3:57AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had that problem on my laptop too (was getting fatal error 6) and I had to run the Repair from the launcher twice. Then I was able to log in without any more errors.

Thanks again - Repair worked. :smile:

Hadn't had to run it for a while, so temporarily forgot where the option was located. ><

Some addons don't work, but at least the game is running, now.