Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

THE NEW RACE PASSIVES - a SUMMARY

marius_buys
marius_buys
✭✭✭✭✭
NEW WRATHSTONE RACE PASSIVES
Update 21 - patch 4.3.5 (25 Feb)

___NEW RACE PASSIVES___

HIGH ELF
+2000 Max Magica
+258 Spell Damage
Restore 645 of lowest Magicka or Stamina after activating a class ability (6s CD)
+5% Damage reduction while casting abilities
Destruction Staff Skill Line XP by 15%, +1% Generic Experience gain

ARGONIAN
+1000 Max Magica
+1000 Max Health
+6% Healing Done
+2310 Disease Resistance
+Diseased Immunity
+4000 Health, Magicka, and Stamina when drinking a potion.
Resto Staff Skill Line XP by 15%, +50% Swimming Speed

WOOD ELF
+2000 Max Stamina
+258 Stamina Recovery
+2130 Poison Resistance
+Poisoned Immunity
+3m Stealth detection
After Roll Dodge you gain:
+10% Movement Speed for 6 seconds
+ 1500 Physical and Spell Penetration for duration
Bow Skill Line XP by 15%
+10% Fall Damage Protection

BRETON
+2000 Max Magicka
-7% Magica Abilities Cost
+100 Magicka Recovery
+2310 Spell Resistance
+2310 Extra Spell Resistance if Burning, Chilled, or Concussed.
Light Armor Skill Line XP by 15%, +1% Alliance Point gain

DARK ELF
+1875 Max Stamina
+1875 Max Magicka
+258 Weapon Damage
+258 Spell Damage
+2310 Flame Resistance
+Burning Immunity
Dual Wield Skill Line XP by 15%, -50% damage from Lava

IMPERIAL
+2000 Max Health
+2000 Max Stamina
- 3% cost of all abilities and restore 333 Health, Magicka, and Stamina when you deal Direct Damage(5s CD)
One Hand and Shield Skill Line XP by 15%, +Extra 1% Gold gain

KHAJIT
+825 Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina
+100 Health Recovery
+85 Magicka & Stamina Recovery
+10% Crit Damage
+10% Crit Healing
-3m Stealth Detected radius
Medium Armor Skill Line XP by 15%, +5% pickpocket

NORD
+1500 Max Stamina
+1000 Health
+3960 Physical Resistance
+3960 Spell Resistance
+2310 Cold Resistance
+ Chilled Immunity
+5 Ultimate generation when taking damage (10s CD)
Two Handed Skill Line XP by 15%, +15 extra minutes on drink buffs

ORC
+2000 Max Stamina
+1000 Max Health & +600 heal when dealing damage with a weapon (4s CD)
+258 Weapon Damage
+10% Sprint Speed
-12% Sprint Cost
Heavy Armor Skill Line XP by 15%, +Extra 10% Inspiration

REDGUARD
+2000 Max Stamina
-8% Weapon Ability Cost
-15% Snare Slowing
+950 Stamina Restore when dealing Direct Damage (5s CD)
One Hand and Shield Skill Line XP by 15%, +Extra 15 minutes on food buffs

___A MORE INCLUSIVE CHAMPIONSHIP SYSTEM___

100 Championship points into any one CP stat will increase that stat by 20%

Now the 20% boost from the CP system will apply to all sources of flat stats (which was not the case before) IE:
- base stats
- attributes
- enchantments
- bonuses 2-5 on item sets.
- consumable food and drinks
- passives

Champion Points will now be added to other modifiers in your combat and game play calculation

Thank you Gilliam and the combat team for the hard work and countless hours of brainstorming!

PS: Pay attention to the word "WHEN" in the descriptions as it means that whatever that stat is connected to comes with a precondition.

Regards
Marius Buys
Golden Clover
Edited by marius_buys on August 10, 2019 9:48AM
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭

HIGH ELF
    +2000 Max Magica
    + 258 Spell Damage
    Restore 645 of lowest max resource after activating a class ability (6s CD)
    + 5% Damage reduction while casting abilities

Destruction Staff Skill Line XP by 15%
    +1% Generic Experience gain

Actually the bolded part is not what it says in the patch notes. It now just says magicka or stamina, whatever is lower. That is a change from the last changes on PTS, where the max resource was explicitly mentioned. And I don't think that new wording was just an oversight.

EDIT: Oh, well, after testing this on live, it actually does seem that the wording change is an oversight. On a mag high elf it only ever restores stamina, even if the actual current magicka value is lower than the current stamina.
    Edited by feyii on February 25, 2019 8:34PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How does Imperial +1% extra gold work for amounts under 100 anyway?
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does Imperial +1% extra gold work for amounts under 100 anyway?

You ever see Office Space?

ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we know, thanks.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only orcs werent hideous
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    You ever see Office Space?

Yeah but they don't misplace decimals here for me.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    summary: highelf and woodelf got shafted
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    If only orcs werent hideous

This is why I keep mine covered in a full suit of armor with full-faced helm so I don't have to see that ugly mug.
  • Kumba_Ya
    Kumba_Ya
    ✭✭
    Ty for this, makes it much easier to read then the cluster in the patch notes
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thx for putting this together. As an admitted altoholic it all looks pretty pretty good to me!
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for putting it a simple way

The way Zos formatted it, is annoying seeing what I had then looking for an arrow to see what we actually have now

I actually had to copy all the text and remove the crap so I can see what the races look like now as per below

* High Elf
    * Increases Experience gain in Destruction Staff Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Generic Experience gain
    * Spell Recharge: Restore 645 Magicka or Stamina, based on whichever is lower, after activating a Class Ability. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds. Reduces damage taken by 5% while you are using an ability with a cast or channel time.
    * Syrabane’s Boon: Increases your Max Magicka by 2000.
    * Elemental Talent: Increases your Spell Damage by 258.

* Argonian
    * Increases experience gain in Resto Staff Skill Line by 15%, extra 50% Swimming Speed
    * Resourceful: Increases your Max Magicka by 1000. Restore 4000 Health, Magicka, and Stamina when you drink a potion.
    * Argonian Resistance: Increases your Max Health by 1000 and your Disease Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Diseased status effect.
    * Life Mender: Increases your Healing Done by 6%.

* Wood Elf
    * Increases experience gain in Bow Skill Line by 15%, decreases fall damage taken by 10%
    * Y’ffre’s Endurance: Increases your Stamina Recovery by 258.
    * Resist Affliction: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000 and your Poison Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Poisoned status effect.
    * Hunter’s Eye: Increases your Stealth detection radius by 3m. After you use Roll Dodge you gain 10% Movement Speed for 6 seconds and a bonus to Physical and Spell Penetration of 1500 for the duration.

* Breton
    * Increases Experience gain in Light Armor Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Alliance Point gain
    * Gift of Magnus: Increases your Max Magicka by 2000.
    * Spell Attunement: Gain 2310 Spell Resistance and 100 Magicka Recovery. The Spell Resistance granted by this effect will be doubled if you are afflicted with Burning, Chilled, or Concussed.
    * Magicka Mastery: Reduces the Magicka cost of your abilities by 7%.

* Dark Elf
    * Increases Experience gain in Dual Wield Skill Line by 15%, reduces damage taken from Lava by 50%
    * Dynamic: Increases your Max Stamina and Magicka by 1875.
    * Resist Flame: Increases your Flame Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Burning status effect.
    * Ruination: Increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 258.

* Imperial
    * Increases Experience gain in One Hand and Shield Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Gold gain
    * Tough: Increases your Max Health by 2000.
    * Imperial Mettle: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.
    * Red Diamond: When you deal Direct Damage, you restore 333 Health, Magicka, and Stamina. This effect has a 5 second cooldown. It also will reduce the cost of all abilities by 3%.

* Khajiit
    * Increases Experience gain in Medium Armor Skill Line by 15%, 5% bonus change to successfully pickpocket
    * Robustness: Increases your Health Recovery by 100 and your Stamina and Magicka recovery by 85.
    * Lunar Blessings: Increases your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 825.
    * Feline Ambush: Increases your Critical Hit Damage and Healing by 10%. Reduces your detection radius in Stealth by 3m.

* Nord
    * Increases Experience gain in Two Handed Skill Line by 15%, 15 extra minutes on drink buffs
    * Stalwart: Increases your Max Stamina by 1500. When you take damage, gain 5 Ultimate. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.
    * Resist Frost: Increases your Max Health by 1000 and your Cold Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Chilled status effect.
    * Rugged: Increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by 3960.

* Orc
    * Increases Experience gain in Heavy Armor Skill Line by 15%, extra 10% Inspiration gain
    * Brawny: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.
    * Unflinching Rage: Grants 1000 Max Health and heals you for up to 600 when you deal damage with a weapon, with a 4 second cooldown.
    * Swift Warrior: Increases your Weapon Damage by 258. Reduces the cost of your Sprint ability by 12% and increases your Movement Speed while Sprinting by 10%.

* Redguard
    * Increases One Hand and Shield Skill Line by 15%, 15 extra minutes on food buffs
    * Martial Training: Reduces the cost of your Weapon abilities by 8%, and reduces the effectiveness of Snares applied to you by up to 15%.
    * Conditioning: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.
    * Adrenaline Rush: When you deal Direct Damage, you restore 950 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
    Edited by macsmooth on February 25, 2019 7:26PM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »

HIGH ELF
    +2000 Max Magica
    + 258 Spell Damage
    Restore 645 of lowest max resource after activating a class ability (6s CD)
    + 5% Damage reduction while casting abilities

Destruction Staff Skill Line XP by 15%
    +1% Generic Experience gain

Actually the bolded part is not what it says in the patch notes. It now just says magicka or stamina, whatever is lower. That is a change from the last changes on PTS, where the max resource was explicitly mentioned. And I don't think that new wording was just an oversight.

EDIT: Oh, well, after testing this on live, it actually does seem that the wording change is an oversight. On a mag high elf it only ever restores stamina, even if the actual current magicka value is lower than the current stamina.

Corrected ty
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So did spell recharge get changed back? High elf has a chance to restore mag again?
    Edited by blkjag on February 26, 2019 2:00AM
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    ARGONIAN

50% Swimming Speed still there LOL
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    summary: highelf and woodelf got shafted

Yup, one of the big reasons I have 2 wood elves is for the stealth bonus that's now gone., and now Dunmer is clearly better than Altmer as a caster, where before it was ALMOST always better but if you used lightning as your main source of damage there was a potential for Altmer, not anymore.

These changes reward people who put no thought into their character and penalize those who did. ZOS can crash and burn as a company, hopefully I can get a refund on my elsweyr prepurchase.
    You have successfully cancelled your membership.
    Edited by Arato on February 26, 2019 7:53AM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »
    So did spell recharge get changed back? High elf has a chance to restore mag again?

yes, thank the 8
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, thank the 8

Wait how does this work im kinda confused say if I have 9k stam so my mag should drop below 9k to gain this passive for mag return ?
    Edited by r34lian on February 26, 2019 12:31PM
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r34lian wrote: »

yes, thank the 8

Wait how does this work im kinda confused say if I have 9k stam so my mag should drop below 9k to gain this passive for mag return ?

The restore is an amout from the lowest resource pool at that time.