The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Argonian players, what'll you do ?

Kulvar
Kulvar
✭✭✭✭
Curiosity kill the cat, but I'm a lizard so I'm safe.
Coward Argonian scholar of the Ebonheart Pact

Argonian players, what'll you do ? 96 votes

I don't play an Argonian
9%
PyatraTibleeuxCillion3117BananaNinchiTVImmortalElf13CurvedSwords123Zacuel 9 votes
Stay an Argonian, because their look & lore is awesome !
39%
wayfarerxLightspeedflashb14_ESOAnkaridanSheezabeastHatchetHaroBloodystabhondelinkHidesFromSunmitebaperditionerKulvarSnowZeniaCloudlessLizardThixvimSilver_StriderRaddlemanNumber7method__01AnyronYamiKurukuSeraphayel 38 votes
Stay an Argonian, because their racials are strong
25%
Maulkinaellegaardjensenb16_ESOJitterbugCastanamereJeezyeOnebitsoulKronuxxBigevilpeterParrot1986cpuScientistWhite wabbitBattleAxeInerarLiquidPonyLeechedbiggda76LupaiHappyLittleTreeBlackStormXPriyasekarssk 24 votes
Stop playing, I'm disgusted by my character new racials
5%
AhPook_Is_HereRazorback174ilprecursoreBooPerScOOperJPcrazysquirrel3 5 votes
Race change to an other race
20%
kypranb14_ESOjbjondeaueb17_ESOJerryAlderArwinArcirisEirellaMayraelLeifEricksonWeesacscoj901LluandaGiantFruitFlyveil_ZeroXFFMudcrabbercheifsoapkatorgamacsmoothBonusfeatures75Frudu 20 votes
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the "Stay as an Argonian cause I was one since PC beta" option?
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on why you picked argonian in the first place. It probably fit in the "Stay an Argonian, because their look & lore is awesome !" to me.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just starting to tank and the resource passive is still strong and really useful for tanking so no chance I’ll change.
    Once I’m more comfortable I’ll race change potentially to Imperial, Dunmer or Nord
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Parrot1986 You can't say "no chance I'll change" and immediately "I'll race change to Imperial, Dunmer, or Nord" when you don't need training wheels with tanking anymore.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kulvar wrote: »
    @Parrot1986 You can't say "no chance I'll change" and immediately "I'll race change to Imperial, Dunmer, or Nord" when you don't need training wheels with tanking anymore.

Weirdly I can select that and then answer how I did. Also I said “potentially” and didn’t realise the selection of the poll was a life long commitment for never changing race, had assumed this was asking around whether I’ll change once the new update arrives and that’s my plans
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play since launch date (2014). Always was an Argonian in other TES games so it is no different in eso.

What I will gonna do ? It is simple:
    Instead of using a race change token, I am dropping from PvE & PvP end game content entirely. It is a clear message from ZOS I am reading here: "You are not welcome here"

So if I am not welcome, then well... I not gonna push it. It is as simple as that.
    Still gonna do crafting dailies though. But definitely gonna play less. Till it gets better in maybe like 1 or 2 years in the future.

I also strongly believe in "vote with your wallet" motto and I am gonna apply it.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Argonian pve healer will still be competent, I may need to change things a bit but if I’m ever rejected for a raid because I’m not BiS then I’ll just saunter away, annoyingly flicking my tail and flip them the bird.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will create a brand new Argonian toon (Warden) because...

... they're amazing
    ... their racials are still very strong in PvP
    ... I somehow fell in love with their lore and looks
    ... I couldn't care less about their slightly weaker DPS numbers
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 23, 2019 10:18AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't tank or heal on my 3 year crafter/main. It always felt like it got the short end of the stick, but changing to a human or elf for was unthinkable, like murder. But now, to stay would be like drinking a coke after watching your waiter spit in it.

Khajiit doesn't sound so bad, going from one beast race to another. They look pretty well-rounded now, not increasingly pigeonholed into a role I don't play. I've talked myself into it.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mudcrabber wrote: »
    I don't tank or heal on my 3 year crafter/main. It always felt like it got the short end of the stick, but changing to a human or elf for was unthinkable, like murder. But now, to stay would be like drinking a coke after watching your waiter spit in it.

Khajiit doesn't sound so bad, going from one beast race to another. They look pretty well-rounded now, not increasingly pigeonholed into a role I don't play. I've talked myself into it.

28zzbms044wp.jpg
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian May have been nerfed by my argonian magblade will probably stay argonian for the foreseeable future since hey this is not the last update ever who knows wut next big update will bring. First and foremost I am a theory crafter and this allows me to challenge myself and keep my argonian competitive dps wise.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not race changing but I canceled ESO Plus, I don't intend to buy anymore content. I'm just going to hang out with friends/guild and attend RP nights. I don't PVP so these nerfs feel like PVP nerfs to me and nerfing for 10% of the game is bs imo. Also I like how someone even posted a pic from a Bleackrock quest that states our poison resistance yet we are somehow losing that which was already in the game. These ZoS devs are just bad imo and I'm not alone in thinking that. I have a friend from EU server that refuses to play anymore because of these devs.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two Argonians. I didn't choose them for their racial passives anyway, so they'll stay Argonians. Neither one is suited for much end-game content, but I still like them.
    I won't make any more Argonians, though. :/
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As healers and tanks they are awesome and can actually do both with one character and even at the same time, they are still BiS for any nonDK tank and 2nd BiS as healers to Bretons
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As healers and tanks they are awesome and can actually do both with one character and even at the same time, they are still BiS for any nonDK tank and 2nd BiS as healers to Bretons

Tank
    Trial:
    1- Nord (any class)
    2- Imperials.
    3 - Orc or Dunmer for some extra damage

4 team content
    1- Nord
    2 - Imperial (better sustain than Argonian + utility)
    3 - Redguard or Argonian, depending on group composition and/or content

Healer:
    Trial:
    1 -Nord (god mode skill level though to manage resources so it's more theoretical than practical),
    2- Imperial (Imperial now have the same Magika sustain than Bretons on live, so if Breton were BIS healers on Live, no reason Imperial shouldn't be either + they have faster Warhorn through built-in 3% Ulti cost reduction)
    3 - Breton: awesome magika sustain, can bring more personal damage than Imperial thanks to their larger magika pool so it's a close 2 and 3 place here.

4 team content
    1 - Imperial ( for the utility, Nords healers in 4 man content are not going to take consistent damage to make use of the ultimate gen)
    2 - Breton for Templar and Warden - Redguard for classes that heavily depend on Resto staff for healing
    3- Altmer (more damage, faster clears) - 4 team content is not as heavy on sustain anyway.

Conclusion: Argonian are nowhere close any BIS situation. There are still a better pick for support roles than most other races though.

Edit: I voted race change to another race because that's what I 'll do for 2 of them. My main Main Argonian Sorc will most likely remain like that, cause I really like him,
    Edited by Arciris on February 24, 2019 10:47AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    Conclusion: Argonian are nowhere close any BIS situation.

Yep, that is the reason why no one will use them in any PvE or PvP content any more. Even though it may seem like their resourceful passive can be still good in PvP, there are much better choices so I also can not see them in being used in PvP.

Their use will be limited pretty much to RP, questing and overland content. The only positive I can see is that all of those "OP Argonian" claims will stop and people will start to witch hunt Bretons & Orcs. Also (since I lost all my hope & trust in ZOS), I will wait 1 or 2 years for the next racial rebalance.
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just really hope the data doesn't tell them that a bazillion people paid-to-win for race changes beyond the 3 freebies and they get the idea to start turning race passives inside out once a year as an added revenue stream.

Next on deck: Huge spellpower procs for Redguards! :p
  • JerryAlder
    JerryAlder
    ✭✭
    Where is the option: I would change them all if I didn't have 10 other chars to change aswell. Not gonna but one dime of my money into this thing I'm guessing 3/4 of my lizards are gonna be dusting.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Argonian to Dumner on my PVP/PVE Magblade. All those max resources and spell damage definitely worth using a free race change token on.
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably use the race change tokens so switch some of my chars to Argonian. Never found the meta much fun anyway.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As with all balance patches, this has no effective impact on my Argonian.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because i always played Argonian since TESIII
    and they can exceed in any role perfectly.

giphy.gif
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU