The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Thank you ZOS

megasurge93
megasurge93
✭✭✭
I see so many posts that are mostly complaints, so I thought, hey I'm going to make a positive post! I work in development in IT with a variety of enterprise solutions and I know how complex things can be to manage as well as keep all of the game content balanced. I just wanted to say thank you very much for all your hard work and efforts to make ESO awesome! I've been playing for quite a few years now and I'll likely be one of the last hanger-oners toward the end of this version. I'm sure I will continue to enjoy all of the developments, content and other changes, as I'm sure many others will as well. So, thanks!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures." ~Oscar Wilde
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the person say thank you without making fun of them . Some people are just happy the sun comes up ... This one has a puppy like that . It just always happy .
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see so many posts that are mostly complaints, so I thought, hey I'm going to make a positive post! I work in development in IT with a variety of enterprise solutions and I know how complex things can be to manage as well as keep all of the game content balanced. I just wanted to say thank you very much for all your hard work and efforts to make ESO awesome! I've been playing for quite a few years now and I'll likely be one of the last hanger-oners toward the end of this version. I'm sure I will continue to enjoy all of the developments, content and other changes, as I'm sure many others will as well. So, thanks!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Sorry, but I need to do a sincerity check here. What race is your main?
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gr8 b8 m8. R8 8/8.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see so many posts that are mostly complaints, so I thought, hey I'm going to make a positive post! I just wanted to say thank you very much for all your hard work and efforts to make ESO awesome! I've been playing for quite a few years now and I'll likely be one of the last hanger-oners toward the end of this version. I'm sure I will continue to enjoy all of the developments, content and other changes, as I'm sure many others will as well. So, thanks!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Hey, don't let the others get to you. I share this sentiment, and you are not alone by a long shot.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Gr8 b8 m8. R8 8/8.

Are you by any chance into Hit**r? 🤔
    Edited by Itzmichi on February 22, 2019 8:46PM
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • megasurge93
    megasurge93
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

My main is a Dark Elf DK. I'm excited for the change and new challenge of how to re-design his build in an effective manner! Keeps things interesting... (also, 24480 achievement points)
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

My main is a Dark Elf DK. I'm excited for the change and new challenge of how to re-design his build in an effective manner! Keeps things interesting... (also, 24480 achievement points)

Thank that divines someone else who look at this patch with a theory crafter mindset
  • megasurge93
    megasurge93
    ✭✭✭
    I see so many posts that are mostly complaints, so I thought, hey I'm going to make a positive post! I just wanted to say thank you very much for all your hard work and efforts to make ESO awesome! I've been playing for quite a few years now and I'll likely be one of the last hanger-oners toward the end of this version. I'm sure I will continue to enjoy all of the developments, content and other changes, as I'm sure many others will as well. So, thanks!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Hey, don't let the others get to you. I share this sentiment, and you are not alone by a long shot.

Thanks! I don't. If I let others get to me, then all online games would suck really fast. LOL. People love the anonymity of saying whatever they like behind a screen on the internet. I just ignore most of them. That said, content and storyline concept is more important than power gaming to me.

I mainly thought it would be nice to give a thank you on a Friday before a weekend. IT/coder folks are often severely under-appreciated.

• Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

You win 2 awesomes!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

My characters are: Argonian, Altmer, Khajiit and Imperial and I am thankful for the racial changes ZOS is applying to the game.

@megasurge93

Don't get distracted by the very few yet very loud complainers. The update looks good (for a dungeon DLC).
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 22, 2019 11:29PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm not exactly farting rainbows out of my butt over it.

But okay.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the game has issues, wrathstone seems like a breath of fresh air though. Looking forward to monday or whenever it drops.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Alucardmike
    Alucardmike
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS.

You are doing great in ignoring us...
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the racial balancing was solid, but as a Nord I feel like we got screwed. Nord mains aren't happy about the changes only competitive PvE tanks.

Unlike last update they actually have a purpose in the game, but in terms of being powerful in PvP or as a DPS they are relatively weaker than before, and need a damage buff in order to be balanced when compared to an Orc.

Currently an Orc can wear 3 pieces of protective jewelry and have almost the exact same damage as a Nord wearing 3 infused jewelry, but have 2k more resistances.

They simply didn't take the time to evaluate Nords like they did with the other races. As a Nord main I am very disappointed with this patch.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, as much as I like to complain, now that my sorc is part time tank (altmer which is lazy to change CP and attributes, so 30k magicka, still tanked 3dd vMoS HM), the new passives work well for me. I hate changing races, but the only thing I do think was a poor choice, is changing the crit based Khajit that was better for NB and Templars, to a race that is better for dk, sorc and warden (relatively).
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah look I complain a lot because I care and strive for perfection.
    I honestly have been pretty impressed with recent changes and I only see slow and steady improvement in the game over the last few years.

Edited by Narvuntien on February 23, 2019 4:31PM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Most of the racial balancing was solid, but as a Nord I feel like we got screwed. Nord mains aren't happy about the changes only competitive PvE tanks.

Unlike last update they actually have a purpose in the game, but in terms of being powerful in PvP or as a DPS they are relatively weaker than before, and need a damage buff in order to be balanced when compared to an Orc.

Currently an Orc can wear 3 pieces of protective jewelry and have almost the exact same damage as a Nord wearing 3 infused jewelry, but have 2k more resistances.

They simply didn't take the time to evaluate Nords like they did with the other races. As a Nord main I am very disappointed with this patch.

This is the first time a race has ever had ult regen baked in. Do you know how huge 0.5 ult/second is? Even top ult generating builds probbaly only pull like 5 ult a second, thats a 10% increase. Or if you dont have additional generation thats a 17% increase to ult generation (Or up time).

The effects of this have yet to be fully tested, but considering most high end tanks have more than enough survive as it is and often stat into things like warhorn to help their team, id say a slight loss of survival stats for this ult gen is more than acceptable when it has the potential to make nords absolute monsters in PVE AND PVP.
    Edited by validifyedneb18_ESO on February 23, 2019 4:54PM
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've actually played since launch/beta it is very clear in the long term that the game has gotten better. Fun things like saptanks have been lost but the things that made saptanks work had to go for the greater health of the game. Too many people aren't thinking about the greater health of the game overall and this racial patch is really working towards that goal. Can the numbers be tweaked? They can and will be for certain in the initial usual 4 live patches that come after a major update. Also in future updates. For now is this part of a long term positive series of changes? Yes it is.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

My characters are: Argonian, Altmer, Khajiit and Imperial and I am thankful for the racial changes ZOS is applying to the game.

@megasurge93

Don't get distracted by the very few yet very loud complainers. The update looks good (for a dungeon DLC).

That's funny I seen a thread in General of you asking how to make a good looking Argonian because you wanted to create one. So how can you speak for a race you JUST started playing this month?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It may be closer to look at it this way if your trying to match passives in Jewelry

Orc
    protective + frost resist glyph | protective + wpd glyph | infused + wpd glyph
    3688 Resist, 710 (452 wpd + 258 orc), 3520 frost resist/immunity, + 2k sta (orc)

Nord
    2x infused + wpd | 1x robust + wpd
    3960 Resist (nord), 730 wpd, 2310 frost resist/immunity (nord), + 870 sta, + 1.5k sta (nord)

Nord gets 272 more phys/spell resist, 370 more sta, 20 more wpd, same frost immunity, 1210 less frost resist, same hp.

You're left with 600 hp return/4sec and -12% sprint cost/+10% sprint speed VS 5 ult/10sec.

At that point, it becomes flavour and can be mitigated further through sets/ armor traits. Depends what you find valuable. Ult gen can be considered invaluable to some where the sprint speed and cost reduction is minor. The 600hp return is next to nothing with battle spirit.

I still think Orc has a little too much hp/sta and I'd like to see a balance of 1.75k sta and 750 hp, but they are weighed very similarly IMO.

I'm not sure if I found the correct value on frost glyphs.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on February 23, 2019 5:15PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It may be closer to look at it this way if your trying to match passives in Jewelry

Orc
    3688 Resist, 710 (452 wpd + 258 orc), 3520 frost resist/immunity, + 2k sta (orc)

Nord
    3960 Resist (nord), 730 wpd, 2310 frost resist/immunity (nord), + 870 sta, + 1.5k sta (nord)

Nord gets 272 more phys/spell resist, 370 more sta, 20 more wpd, same frost immunity, 1210 less frost resist, same hp.

You're left with 600 hp return/4sec and -12% sprint cost/+10% sprint speed VS 5 ult/10sec.

At that point, it becomes flavour and can be mitigated further through sets/ armor traits. Depends what you find valuable. Ult gen can be considered invaluable to some where the sprint speed and cost reduction is minor. The 600hp return is next to nothing with battle spirit.

I still think Orc has a little too much hp/sta and I'd like to see a balance of 1.75k sta and 750 hp, but they are weighed very similarly IMO.

May I ask why you accounted for Frost resistance? Honestly that passive is more of flavor than it is beneficial. If the frost staves ever become good offensively or if necromancers have a lot of Frost damage then it might mean something. Otherwise that passive only becomes beneficial again Warden ults since most sources of damage are magical, physical, fire, lightning, poison, disease, and then very rarely frost.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Marshall1289 swap that Frost resistance glyph for a weapon damage one then do that calculation again.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Daus Well those are your opinions, I just illustrated that the values of their passives are quite similar when comparing them directly. If you find Orc better, than maybe you should switch to Orc, but the passives have balanced values.

I believe Orc could use less hp/sta sure, but buffing Nord with more dmg isn't a solution for their racial balance, it's just a solution for you.

I also find Ice magic to be vastly more popular than you lead on, at least in BG's currently, sometimes teams using it almost exclusively. Snare re-balancing may change that, but currently it's very popular.

Anyway, little off topic. I'm happy with the racial balance for the most part too. They're on the right path, numbers just need tweaking.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on February 23, 2019 6:21PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Orc

Nord

May I ask why you accounted for Frost resistance? Honestly that passive is more of flavor than it is beneficial. If the frost staves ever become good offensively or if necromancers have a lot of Frost damage then it might mean something. Otherwise that passive only becomes beneficial again Warden ults since most sources of damage are magical, physical, fire, lightning, poison, disease, and then very rarely frost.

Frost is a major damage type in some PVE content, and is a big damage type in PVE. You also get chilled immunity which is massive.