Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Game Subscription

dlawson_ESO
I played through early beta and had early access. I bought the full retail Imperial collector's edition online. I was able to play with no issues until the game went live and had access to all the electronic perks.

Once the game went live, however, I could not login. I also could not select a subscription until I purchased the game. So unless I missed something, all the people who purchased the non-digital version of the game online, could only play until the game went live?

I am guessing that my non-digital game, when I receive it, will have a key I can enter similar to the beta key, that will show I purchased the game. If that is the case, what a horrible experience for die-hard gamers who purchased online. I actually paid for the digital edition so I could keep playing, and I'm pretty put out about it at this point.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's correct, if you purchased a physical box you'll need to get the key from that to continue. This is standard procedure.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched several MMO's launch over the last several years and in the last 2 or 3 the various places you can preorder the physical game have gotten later and later at delivering the game. Having just thrown away boxes and boxes of game boxes recently I jumped at the chance to buy a digital copy online instead of another box to throw away.

Anyway based on what I've observed if I wanted to play an MMO on launch I would either preorder from a local store and go pick up a copy there or I would buy a digital copy. I wouldn't ever ask to have it shipped to me.

Once 3+ years ago you would have gotten the game on launch day now... your lucky if you get it launch week.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am guessing that my non-digital game, when I receive it, will have a key I can enter similar to the beta key, that will show I purchased the game.

Yes, this is correct.
  • dlawson_ESO
    Well I bought the Imperial Edition for the book. PC editions all sold out quickly where I live so I had no choice. I think that if you got the early access code for pre-purchase, it should have included the first 30 days. That would give plenty of time to receive the non-digital edition by mail.