Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Starting Islands?

One_ofMany
One_ofMany
✭✭✭
What is a starting Island? All I did was a tiny into quest/tutorial thing. Was that it? I keep hearing there are two islands. /confused
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Talk to the prophet when you wake up. Ask him everything option, then step outside. Somewhere in you arc of vision should be a quest giver who will send you back where you where picked up when you fell out of oblivion.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the story is kinda messed up now, they really should have started new people on the newbie island with the option to skip forward instead.

Anyway, after you get out of the tutorial, the first quest npc you come across (generally right outside the building you wake up in) will have a quest to send you back to the original newbie island for your faction.

I *highly* recommend going back, since it's 6 skyshards, and a number of quests, it will make your life far easier.
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    I did not wake up in a building I woke on a ship, after the quick tutorial. I exited the ship and was in a town. How do I get there lol? I am Aldmeri Dominion.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you cannot find the NPC, create a new character and you will be asked if you want to skip the tutorial zone. By doing so, you will wake up in the larger city and the NPC should be there.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Foehammer81
    The guy is on the deck of the schip you woke up on. As had been said before, the starting islands (or island in the case of aldmeri) are very nice. I also wish they'd turn it back to how it was. Happy trails.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right dominion wake up on a ship not in a building. Like Foehammer posted, the guy is up on deck. He gives you a quest to go back to Kenarthi's Roost. Dominion has 1 slightly larger island instead of 2 smaller ones. It's a gorgeous place, with entertaining quests.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    I did not wake up in a building I woke on a ship, after the quick tutorial. I exited the ship and was in a town. How do I get there lol? I am Aldmeri Dominion.

Exit the ship and go straight down the dock walk to the fountain and the person there has the quest to send you back to the island.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraseth wrote: »
    Yeah, the story is kinda messed up now, they really should have started new people on the newbie island with the option to skip forward instead.

Anyway, after you get out of the tutorial, the first quest npc you come across (generally right outside the building you wake up in) will have a quest to send you back to the original newbie island for your faction.

I *highly* recommend going back, since it's 6 skyshards, and a number of quests, it will make your life far easier.

I'm actually really annoyed by the PC Gamer ongoing review, because he specifically complains about the change. I didn't want it either, but their mockery of journalism that they put out as a preview was one of the loudest voices behind the movement to get rid of starter islands.
    ----
    Murray?