Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vivec is utter garbage

LegacyDM
LegacyDM
✭✭✭✭✭
No wonder some of the big names like @FENGRUSH are back on sotha. CP is just cancer. Tank meta and ttk is just rediculous. In addition to the lag being awful. Zos, just do us all a favor and just can CP pvp. Keep CP in pve. Rework it to make the pve more challenging, but for the love of all things holy just get rid of it for pvp. You can separate it and balance pvp separately from pve rather than trying to do this 3 way balancing juggle fest. Pvp Plaers will adapt. Pve players won't care. Find a way to reward pvp players for having CP. I don't know, make it a cosmetic thing like gw2. More CPs you have in pvp the better looking armor you earn. Or free crown crates or potions. Your smart I'm sure you can think of something... Or maybe not... If you can't listen to the community.

It's asinine. I came back from a break in the game and I tickle people in Vivec. Went to sotha and can actually damage people. It's like night and day and more satisfying. I actually do damage and have to be more strategic about resources which is challenging in is own right. On Vivec you just spam skills over and over to no effect. DKs, Templars, wardens, unkillable. Especially in ball groups. It's garbage.
Legacy of Kain
Vicious Carnage
¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed
    ✭✭✭
    Excluding the lag. A lot of people just can’t handle playing at the varsity level. Instead they refer to stay junior varsity for life on the no cp campaign.
    Edited by Godspeed on February 21, 2019 5:52AM
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Godspeed wrote: »
    Excluding the lag. A lot of people just can’t handle playing at the varsity level. Instead they refer to stay junior varsity for life on the no cp campaign.

Uh huh. CP is junior varsity. CP=crutch for tank meta because people don't know how to stay alive...the only reason Zos doesn't abandon CP is because they want casuals to feel powerful rather than work to stay alive in no cp.

Troll harder.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

Uh huh. CP is junior varsity. CP=crutch for tank meta because people don't know how to stay alive...the only reason Zos doesn't abandon CP is because they want casuals to feel powerful rather than work to stay alive in no cp.

Troll harder.

Let me get this straight. Your OP stated that you tried Vivec, found it too hard to win fights, then left Vivec to go to sotha because it was easier to win fights, then proceeded to call Vivec the junior varsity?
    Edited by Edirt_seliv on February 21, 2019 6:12AM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wonder some of the big names like @FENGRUSH are back on sotha. CP is just cancer. Tank meta and ttk is just rediculous. In addition to the lag being awful. Zos, just do us all a favor and just can CP pvp. Keep CP in pve. Rework it to make the pve more challenging, but for the love of all things holy just get rid of it for pvp. You can separate it and balance pvp separately from pve rather than trying to do this 3 way balancing juggle fest. Pvp Plaers will adapt. Pve players won't care. Find a way to reward pvp players for having CP. I don't know, make it a cosmetic thing like gw2. More CPs you have in pvp the better looking armor you earn. Or free crown crates or potions. Your smart I'm sure you can think of something... Or maybe not... If you can't listen to the community.

It's asinine. I came back from a break in the game and I tickle people in Vivec. Went to sotha and can actually damage people. It's like night and day and more satisfying. I actually do damage and have to be more strategic about resources which is challenging in is own right. On Vivec you just spam skills over and over to no effect. DKs, Templars, wardens, unkillable. Especially in ball groups. It's garbage.

If you are right, then why Vivec is more popular than Sotha?
    Sorry, but i wouldnt take any example from Fengrush.
    From what you wrote, it sounds like you went Vivec with ur bad noCP build that can nuke noobs with proc sets/cheese/bleeds, and youre just mad cuz pepole in CP can actually counter that kind of crap.
    Edited by amir412 on February 21, 2019 6:30AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem specifically is how weak anti-infantry siege is. If it were stronger a lot of the current problems would be solved. Tanks can be killed. If you are ranged stamina in medium or a nightblade in medium or ranged magicka in light you can kill a tank. A bunch of players piled into a blob with 30k hp is tougher than this or that tank because it is difficult to discriminate targets and they have the hp to absorb the current weaker siege than what existed previously. You can try to bomb them but that requires organization. Organization has social logistics problems. A bunch of people thrown into a blob doesn't. Siege was the leveler that made formation movements a thing. Now it's blob through everything. You can try and counter a blob with a blob and see how the disconnect coin lands and who gets luckiest in the multi-second skill delay. And you can also watch the 3rd faction not engaged get a free hand to go wherever and do whatever. Right now Vivec is silly nonsense.
  • Scarpion
    Scarpion
    ✭✭✭
    Whole game, including sets etc. is balanced around CP. No thanks, Zos have done a great job balancing out the classes in recent times, don't want to ruin that because the proc meta which never left no CP can't handle killing people who actually know how to play the game instead of random new players who are still learning the game playing on Sotha.
    SDk & MSorc.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭

Troll harder.

Let me get this straight. Your OP stated that you tried Vivec, found it too hard to win fights, then left Vivec to go to sotha because it was easier to win fights, then proceeded to call Vivec the junior varsity?

Lol
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't like Vivec and CP, go play in Sotha. Simples.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vivec may have disappeared and ultimately caused the downfall of Morrowind in the future, but he doesn’t deserve that sort of hate.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I saw you last night around blood. Welcome back. I think you play a ranged mag nb. Bad news. It's in a difficult spot. And there are some metas flying around that make life even more difficult. I took a long break too. Problem is that there really is no other pvp game like this one on the market. I do hope they get a handle on the server performance. They did say they have plans to try and address it. Maybe we will have quantum computing by then and it will be ok?
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wished I could play none CP. Xbox EU nobody goes into that server :( I really excell in BG's none CP all my builds work better. But unfortunately Vivec is the only populated server on Xbox :(
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP vs noCP debate is played out.

They both have their strengths, mechanically. There are definitely playstyles that shine or are more fun in one or the other. They both have real balance problems.

At the moment, your CP options (on PC NA) are either a lagged-out Vivec, or an often-empty Shor. If Sotha has a population that's more conducive to having frequent fights with lower lag, I'd wager THAT is why people may migrate there, not anything intrinsic about CP vs noCP.

....personally, I'd actually prefer if noCP was a little more active or popular amongst my friend group, as maining sotha makes it a little easier to swap seamlessly from Cyrodiil to BGs.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If people liked no cp more than cp then sotha would be more populated than vivec. Simple as that
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again another thread where someone says I don't like CP-PVP and have a completely good No-CP option but I want to punish everyone who plays CP and have it removed becasue reasons.

OR

My prefered No-CP Cyro option is no populated enough. Please remove CP-PVP so my No-CP PVP option has more pop.

Get out of here with this crap.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW Fengrush plays sotha to pick on terrible AD there. Gotta create content not get beat.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    FWIW Fengrush plays sotha to pick on terrible AD there. Gotta create content not get beat.

...yeah, there's also that.

I'd be wary of assuming that any streamer is playing on the server with the "best" PvP.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hashtag knows pretty well. He had a good run there on AD but he's been rolled over enough to know better than come back and try to fight on sotha anymore.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Hashtag knows pretty well. He had a good run there on AD but he's been rolled over enough to know better than come back and try to fight on sotha anymore.

Because that's what a healthy pvp environment should promote. Never coming back! Well said.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox at least, I'll agree that Vivec is garbage, but mostly due to the fact that in NA primetime I can't move, use skills or stay connected. Nothing to do with CP.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s be real @FENGRUSH is not about anything other than stream content, subs and donations. Nothing wrong with it everyone has to eat. I would like him to be truthful in the actual numbers he brings and the cries I hear of his 24+ fan followers getting killed by 24 EP. @FENGRUSH you do have an amazing ability to somehow downplay the actual DC present around you on stream. I when on my nb watching it all take place I see sometimes 40+ but only seems like your 16 in your group on stream. Try turning on the DC icons on others.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NA Ps4 Vivek barely get full even at prime time anymore. Last night AD had 2 bars the whole time.

Excluding the Mid year events No Cp campaign never gets 1 bar on any faction. It has been like that for 2 years now
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Last time we killed your group you acussed me of "stream sniping". Every time you die to known player or group you call them out for stream sniping even if they didn't.
    NA-PC
    Ballgroup enjoyer also known as the best ballgroup player.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the feeling, OP. Vivec is trash. Trash server. Trash players. Trash all-around.

Me: Heavy attack > Destructive reach > light attack > Force pulse > light attack > procced Crystal Frags?

PROCCED CRYSTAL FRAGS? WTF HAPPENED PROCCED CRYSTAL FRAGS? OMFG MY SHIELD WON'T ACTIVATE. HAAAAAALP.

Edited by Mintaka5 on February 21, 2019 5:41PM
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, no thanks. The game has been fundamentally redesigned and structured around Champion Points at this time. I am not open to being forced into giving up these reallocated strengths and having to play a gimped version of my classes and builds because some people struggle to secure kills in CP campaigns. I’m sorry, but to be frank, if you are having trouble dealing damage that’s a build or l2p issue. There is plenty of damage in the game rn if you seek it out- on any class.

That being said, I think the champion system does need some adjustments and tuning in the long run to provide for more balanced gameplay. To flat out remove it however would be a net loss of power I’m not game for. Also, I for one really like the seamless and consistent relationship between PvP and PvE in ESO. If you prefer no CP gameplay, you have an option for that. Take it.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play a magblade in Vivec as well and can 3 shot most people. if you're "tickling people" (which you are, you tickled me the other day) you need to be working on your build not blaming CP.

aside from that. No, don't go trying to force no cp pvp onto people who don't want to play no cp, it's obnoxious.
    Edited by Lucky28 on February 21, 2019 7:14PM
    Invictus
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non damage build goes to vivec and complains about tank meta...
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s kind of true, DC players in a Vivec generallt run around like they’ve no idea where they are. Getting people to set up siege is like pulling teeth. Comparitely Sotha is focused, people work together and there’s much more focus and effort.
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed
    ✭✭✭
    Let’s be real @FENGRUSH is not about anything other than stream content, subs and donations. Nothing wrong with it everyone has to eat. I would like him to be truthful in the actual numbers he brings and the cries I hear of his 24+ fan followers getting killed by 24 EP. @FENGRUSH you do have an amazing ability to somehow downplay the actual DC present around you on stream. I when on my nb watching it all take place I see sometimes 40+ but only seems like your 16 in your group on stream. Try turning on the DC icons on others.

I would rather they talk about all those embedded viewers. 3k+ viewers? Yea ok lol.

• Syhae
    Syhae
    ✭✭✭
    Trust me when I say this, CP isn't the only thing making people unkillable and combat stale because people don't die.
    Want evidence? Queue into a BG.

Vivec's garbage because it's unplayable.
    @Syhae
    Lil Fruitsnack - DC Stamina Templar
    Syhae - EP Stamina Warden
    Syh-Ko - EP Stamina Nightblade
    ANIMOSITY