Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bosmer (stam) Nightblade makeover. head to toe, need your help

Kreetar
Kreetar
✭✭✭
Bosmer, stam. Nightblade
at max CP
medium armor
legit dying all the time

hello!

I'm a toddler and I know nothing. my Bosmer (stam. Nightblade dps) is being thrown about like a ragdoll. I'd appreciate input regarding the following:

-PvE outfit/armor recommendations (and to help me survive group events) + CP distribution
-PvP outfit/armor recommendations + CP distribution (but my focus is PvE right now)

it'd be helpful to know about weapons, too. she uses a bow primarily, but is working on dual wield. :sweat_smile:

other:
- what food?
- jewelry?
- if anyone is able to help me acquire the right things for a solid build, I'd be more than happy to pay

dip me in the blood of mortals and throw me to the Dremora

• ElectricWyzzard
    My main is a Bosmer Stamblade dd, for max dps dual wield / bow is the way to go on any stam dd if you’re aiming to do well in PvE content such as dungeons / trials etc.

The current go to sets for stamina nightblade are relequens (from cloud rest) advancing yokeda (from hel ra) and velidreth undaunted 2piece, however both require a certain amount of skill to make the most out of as they require good weaving to acquire and keep the buffs of the sets, if you’re still having rotational issues you may have better results with some of the more easily attainable solid stam dd sets such as briarheart / automatons / leviathan / hundings rage / vicious Ophidian etc. It’s also worth noting that Selenes monster set is practically as good as Velidreth also but is more easily attainable, apologies if any of this comes off as condescending but I’m totally unaware of your skill level is all.

Food wise I and a lot of others use dubious camoran throne drink which provides max stam, max health and stam recovery. Blue max stam and health food is used by a lot of people also and will give you higher max stats however I’m in the camp that believes stam recovery helps you stay alive more than health does. In the sense that being able to roll dodge and Vigor is very strong survival tool, running out of stam can hurt whether you have 14k health or 17k. Finding the right amount of sustain is a process though and different people like different amounts, you can tweak this with different foods and enchantments. as a vague reference, being able to take down a 3 mil health target dummy self buffed without sustain issues is generally enough to sustain in almost all actual pve combat.

Cp allocation with regard to staying alive / not being thrown around like a rag doll, you’ll be fine copy and pasting red cp from typical build videos and guides etc for normal difficulty content though keep In mind wood elf has a bit more poison / physical resistances if I remember correctly from the racial passives so throw a few less in there and a few more in mitigating magic related damage. if you’re progressing into vet trials or similarly difficult content it’s useful to deliberately respec your red cp based on the damage you know you’ll be taking. However if you are struggling to stay alive in less difficult content, which is fine, try to check your death recaps and notice what killed you and try to avoid it next time, good survivability as a dd takes practice but you’ll get there.

A hugely important tip for staying alive as a dd, go into your settings, make your aoes as bright as you can and a horribly abrasive colour, a lot of people opt for very bright pink etc, they’ll be so obvious and horrible you won’t want to step in them. A very large amount of damage that kills you as a dd will be aoes and learning to avoid these will up your survivability infinitely.

Also 7 medium armour will provide maximum dps however there’s nothing wrong with wearing 1 or even 2 pieces of heavy armour while you get used to things, you can always drop down to 7 medium when you start to feel comfortable with not dying.

The most important thing you can do is have fun playing the character and practice.

With regard to pvp I can’t help you at all, I get thrown around like a rag doll myself haha, hope there’s something useful in here.

• ElectricWyzzard
    Another good tip for learning good survivability is practice playing through content without food, it forces you to pay attention to your incoming damage and be very reactive to and mindful of it. Once you get used to surviving this way, you’ll feel very comfortable with food / drink buff running. This is best done solo or with a group of friends, please don’t burden activity finder healers with this.

And also bare in mind, there’s nothing wrong with using the odd health glyph or heavy armour piece etc while you improve, plain and simply, you do a lot more dps alive than dead.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvP, there are a LOT of options on Stamina Nightblade, @Kreetar.

So, you're going to have to tell us what kind of PvP content you enjoy.

That could be brawling, ganking, bow build, raid support, small group ... hopefully you see what I mean.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The major changes that improved my Bosmer stamblade's PvE survivability were:
    • Getting Reaper's Mark, which gives a frequent huge heal except in single-enemy boss fights.
    • Getting Vigor.

Wearing Briarheart also helps some.
  • Kreetar
    Kreetar
    ✭✭✭
    My main is a Bosmer Stamblade dd, for max dps dual wield / bow is the way to go on any stam dd if you’re aiming to do well in PvE content such as dungeons / trials etc.

The current go to sets for stamina nightblade are relequens (from cloud rest) advancing yokeda (from hel ra) and velidreth undaunted 2piece, however both require a certain amount of skill to make the most out of as they require good weaving to acquire and keep the buffs of the sets, if you’re still having rotational issues you may have better results with some of the more easily attainable solid stam dd sets such as briarheart / automatons / leviathan / hundings rage / vicious Ophidian etc. It’s also worth noting that Selenes monster set is practically as good as Velidreth also but is more easily attainable, apologies if any of this comes off as condescending but I’m totally unaware of your skill level is all.

Food wise I and a lot of others use dubious camoran throne drink which provides max stam, max health and stam recovery. Blue max stam and health food is used by a lot of people also and will give you higher max stats however I’m in the camp that believes stam recovery helps you stay alive more than health does. In the sense that being able to roll dodge and Vigor is very strong survival tool, running out of stam can hurt whether you have 14k health or 17k. Finding the right amount of sustain is a process though and different people like different amounts, you can tweak this with different foods and enchantments. as a vague reference, being able to take down a 3 mil health target dummy self buffed without sustain issues is generally enough to sustain in almost all actual pve combat.

Cp allocation with regard to staying alive / not being thrown around like a rag doll, you’ll be fine copy and pasting red cp from typical build videos and guides etc for normal difficulty content though keep In mind wood elf has a bit more poison / physical resistances if I remember correctly from the racial passives so throw a few less in there and a few more in mitigating magic related damage. if you’re progressing into vet trials or similarly difficult content it’s useful to deliberately respec your red cp based on the damage you know you’ll be taking. However if you are struggling to stay alive in less difficult content, which is fine, try to check your death recaps and notice what killed you and try to avoid it next time, good survivability as a dd takes practice but you’ll get there.

A hugely important tip for staying alive as a dd, go into your settings, make your aoes as bright as you can and a horribly abrasive colour, a lot of people opt for very bright pink etc, they’ll be so obvious and horrible you won’t want to step in them. A very large amount of damage that kills you as a dd will be aoes and learning to avoid these will up your survivability infinitely.

Also 7 medium armour will provide maximum dps however there’s nothing wrong with wearing 1 or even 2 pieces of heavy armour while you get used to things, you can always drop down to 7 medium when you start to feel comfortable with not dying.

The most important thing you can do is have fun playing the character and practice.

With regard to pvp I can’t help you at all, I get thrown around like a rag doll myself haha, hope there’s something useful in here.

ahh, I appreciate this so much, thank you for taking the time to write this out for me! it wasn't condescending at all. I used to have friends who would manage my gear and my bars (and, well everything) but they stopped playing and I had no idea what to do anymore (I mainly play because I adore the aesthetics/story lines, etc. eheh). if I could harass you just a bit further, what do your bars (or what bars would you suggest for me) look like? skills/morphs and all. & do you have a helpful rotation to suggest?

either way, thank you so much! :blush:

• Kreetar
    Kreetar
    ✭✭✭
    The major changes that improved my Bosmer stamblade's PvE survivability were:
    • Getting Reaper's Mark, which gives a frequent huge heal except in single-enemy boss fights.
    • Getting Vigor.

Wearing Briarheart also helps some.

thank you! I'll look into these :smiley:

• Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree about slotting resolving vigor. And you mentioned that the Bosmer is using a bow primarily and tends to die in some situations? Going with a melee build will place you front and center among the big AOE damage mechanics in some fights, and if you prefer to stay at a safe distance a bow build can still be pretty strong.

Archer builds will be making big gains in DPS when the next patch is released. From my own testing, I found that a Bosmer Stamblade archer wearing a Storm Fist set will have enough stamina Regen from the racial passive alone, so you could use braised rabbit food to buff health and Stamina by quite a bit, which would make you a bit tankier with more health. Also I've been using this build lately without even realizing it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/410499/shadow-thorn-stamina-nb-42k-dps-bow-bow-build-summerset

Crushing weapon gives a 5k health shield when you block and it's a self healing spammable. It often feels as survivable as a magsorc. And don't let the 42kdps in the title fool you, that's with old stats, crushing spam and old CP scaling, it could hit 50k if you learn a Focused Aim rotation and upgrade from Briarheart to Tzogvin's Warband next patch.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm Briarheart is very nice set for solo/group. It gives stable life feelings:) One more thing I like, that you can easy get briarheart daggers for free! Just as a quest reward.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Where_Loyalty_Lies
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm Briarheart is very nice set for solo/group. It gives stable life feelings:) One more thing I like, that you can easy get briarheart daggers for free! Just as a quest reward.

Did that the other day and didn’t get a briar weapon. I’ve been wondering should i replace spriggans with briarheart? I have Veli/releq but i use spriggans with it currently since i just recently got into pve.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »

Did that the other day and didn’t get a briar weapon. I’ve been wondering should i replace spriggans with briarheart? I have Veli/releq but i use spriggans with it currently since i just recently got into pve.

They changed it? Strange, the weapon is 100% guaranted as I understand. You can replace it yes. But for solo spriggan/tfs is better maybe still.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »

They changed it? Strange, the weapon is 100% guaranted as I understand. You can replace it yes. But for solo spriggan/tfs is better maybe still.

Nope you were right, i really need to pay attention.. It’s called bodkin instead 🤔🤦‍♂️