The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shadow Thorn - Stamina NB 42k+ DPS Bow/Bow build (Summerset)

Masel
Masel
Class Representative
t3eOc4w.jpg

Heya,

I've been practicing bow/bow a bit on the PTS and it is pretty damn nice and incredibly fun to play now. it is also the most reliable way to keep up arms of relequen, the new stamina trial set. That thing is awesome in trial fights. Keep in mind that it requires you to light attack the SAME target consecutively to retain stacks.
Race: Imperial.

Imperial is best for couple of reasons. More health lets you run dubious throne without issues and redguard doesnt do anyting for a bow/bow build.

Stats:

J8gm2qI.jpg
With dubious throne.

Gear:

Cqya3Li.jpg

Swap Relequen for vicious ophidian in trash fights. Use a heavy piece whenever you need the additional health.

Bar Setup:

Front Bar (Briarheart):

qGRPpt7.jpg

Reaper's Mark, Crushing Weapon, Focused Aim(bosses)/Power Extraction(trash), Relentless Focus, Flex Spot, Flawless Dawnbreaker

Back Bar (vMA Bow):

6XXIFKL.jpg

Endless Hail, Razor Caltrops, Poison Injection, Channeled Acceleration, Leeching Strikes, Ballista

Flex Spot skills: Bone shield, fighters guild skill for passive or killers blade in fights where you can go melee in execute without issues.

Parses and Rotation Video:

https://youtu.be/DIAjxtt-JL4

FIFCjqh.jpg

h65DsYr.jpg

Will write the rest of the detailed guide tomorrow, just couldn't wit to put this on here :smile:

Edited by Masel on May 2, 2018 12:10AM
PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice build!

But ~ 16% damage from a set? That's insane and absolutely overpowered.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Nice build!

No it is not. I figured that many will say that, but it takes almost 20 seconds to build that damage up and you have to constantly light attack the same target. No burst potential there, it is only usable in trials in PvE. As soon as you change targets within a fight, other sets are likely better.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theory crafting !
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Nice build!

No it is not. I figured that many will say that, but it takes almost 20 seconds to build that damage up and you have to constantly light attack the same target. No burst potential there, it is only usable in trials in PvE. As soon as you change targets within a fight, other sets are likely better.

Sure it is, OP sets don't just exist in PvP. No item set should give you your most or second most powerful "attack" in any gameplay mode. Even when it is just for ST it is too powerful . Even if it would do just 50% of its damage it would still be very powerful but these numbers are not balanced.

I don't want to hijack your thread with a set discussion that doesn't belong here, sorry. I like your build though as I said! Planning on a double bow build as well (but on my Warden).
    Edited by Seraphayel on May 2, 2018 7:25AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I disagree on redguard not doing anything for bow/bow :P Adrenaline rush procs from enchantments and... this proc set :D

But yes, fully agree on everything else with this build. The set may feel too powerful (and maybe it is), but most people are forgetting many other things in the game are doing this too, its just not so obvious, because they buff everything else. Zaan is doing 66% of that DPS on 2pieces and lets not forget Acuity :D
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Nice to see a flex ranged build is available for when melee isnt. Still about 15k dps behind the standard war machine / acuity build though. Maybe like 12 since the La rework on 4.0.2
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really nice build, although I had a long stare at the guide until I realized there's a typo with lightning & inferno staves there :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice build!

Sure it is, OP sets don't just exist in PvP. No item set should give you your most or second most powerful "attack" in any gameplay mode. Even when it is just for ST it is too powerful . Even if it would do just 50% of its damage it would still be very powerful but these numbers are not balanced.

I don't want to hijack your thread with a set discussion that doesn't belong here, sorry. I like your build though as I said! Planning on a double bow build as well (but on my Warden).

Other sets perform just as good as these. Not sure what makes this OP.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Asardes wrote: »
    Really nice build, although I had a long stare at the guide until I realized there's a typo with lightning & inferno staves there :)

Oh damn, right. ill correct that later
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • highnds
    highnds
    ✭✭✭
    t3eOc4w.jpg

Heya,

I've been practicing bow/bow a bit on the PTS and it is pretty damn nice and incredibly fun to play now. it is also the most reliable way to keep up arms of relequen, the new stamina trial set. That thing is awesome in trial fights. Keep in mind that it requires you to light attack the SAME target consecutively to retain stacks.
    Race: Imperial.

Imperial is best for couple of reasons. More health lets you run dubious throne without issues and redguard doesnt do anyting for a bow/bow build.

Stats:

J8gm2qI.jpg
    With dubious throne.

Gear:

Cqya3Li.jpg

Swap Relequen for vicious ophidian in trash fights. Use a heavy piece whenever you need the additional health.

Bar Setup:

Front Bar (Briarheart):

qGRPpt7.jpg

Reaper's Mark, Crushing Weapon, Focused Aim(bosses)/Power Extraction(trash), Relentless Focus, Flex Spot, Flawless Dawnbreaker

Back Bar (vMA Bow):

6XXIFKL.jpg

Endless Hail, Razor Caltrops, Poison Injection, Channeled Acceleration, Leeching Strikes, Ballista

Flex Spot skills: Bone shield, fighters guild skill for passive or killers blade in fights where you can go melee in execute without issues.

Parses and Rotation Video:

https://youtu.be/DIAjxtt-JL4

FIFCjqh.jpg

h65DsYr.jpg

Will write the rest of the detailed guide tomorrow, just couldn't wit to put this on here :smile:

RESPECT TO YOU!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO TRY A BOW/BOW BUILD OF MY OWN NEXT PATCH!!!
  • ElFonz0
    ElFonz0
    ✭✭
    Regarding the front bar enchant/trait, what made you go with nirn+poison, as opposed to either infused+poison or nirn+berserker? The poison enchant damage seems a bit low on the parse, only 900.
  • GMPing
    GMPing
    Soul Shriven
    Great post. Great video. Thanks for sharing.

I have a question though about your video. It seems as though you are able to proc Briarheart constantly and keep it active nearly 100% of the fight. Am I seeing this correctly? How are you able to avoid the 15sec cooldown?
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @masel92

Awesome! I was looking for a crushing weapon bow build. Don't know why it wasn't made earlier.

I was told that the dps of crushing weapon and snipe was the same by some people that had pts. But of course, on stam nb this is a different story due to faster procs of assassin's will.

I'd like to see a vma version of this build. I think it will be an easier run than traditional stam builds due to the ranged aspect.

About focused aim. Is it just there for minor fracture? Does the slow cast time affect your rotation?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reprosal wrote: »
    Cool. Nice to see a flex ranged build is available for when melee isnt. Still about 15k dps behind the standard war machine / acuity build though. Maybe like 12 since the La rework on 4.0.2

48 is entirely achievable if you just use Snipe. Still behind but not as badly.

https://m.imgur.com/EDb4yJH?r
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on July 1, 2018 10:44PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But but but - bows are supposed to be support weapons!!!!
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

There is nowhere that says bows are supposed to be support weapons
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    exeeter702 wrote: »

There is nowhere that says bows are supposed to be support weapons

KZOFe0l.gif

• NaZuraith
    NaZuraith
    Soul Shriven
    Really like the build. Seems solid. I'll definitely try it or maybe incorporate it into what else I'm thinking of doing.

This is off topic, but what AddOn do you use to track buffs/debuffs?
  • GMPing
    GMPing
    Soul Shriven
    NaZuraith wrote: »
    Really like the build. Seems solid. I'll definitely try it or maybe incorporate it into what else I'm thinking of doing.

This is off topic, but what AddOn do you use to track buffs/debuffs?

Looks like Srendarr buff/debuff tracker.
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info655-Srendarr-AuraBuffDebuffTracker.html
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very nice build. Wish we could do our track buffs/debuffs like that on console.
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you try using veiled heritance or yokeda on the frontbar, jewellery transmuted of course?.
    Veiled would proc from any damage and yokeda from relequen.
    Not sure how much damage that would mean tough.
    And I'd swap accelerate for lightweight beast trap, for additional damage and no cast time.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Did you try using veiled heritance or yokeda on the frontbar, jewellery transmuted of course?.
    And I'd swap accelerate for lightweight beast trap, for additional damage and no cast time.

Lightweight trap is very hard to sustain. The dot is nice but it costs a lot.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lightweight trap is very hard to sustain. The dot is nice but it costs a lot.

Agreed, I tried a setup with Lightweight Trap and while the balance of damage was shifted the overall dps wasn't much different than what you are already pulling with out it right around 42k. I wasn't able to break 43k with Crushing Weapon, I found I needed Snipe to go higher.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not the bow that makes this dps
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • chasr00
    chasr00
    @Masel92
    is it possible to see your CP allocation for this build?
  • Sorrik
    Sorrik
    Soul Shriven
    Did the detailed guide ever get written for this?
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    GMPing wrote: »
    Great post. Great video. Thanks for sharing.

I have a question though about your video. It seems as though you are able to proc Briarheart constantly and keep it active nearly 100% of the fight. Am I seeing this correctly? How are you able to avoid the 15sec cooldown?

Bit late in the game for replying but i've seen a few discussions regarding this set.

Cooldown starts as soon as the set procs, so 5 seconds after it expires it will proc again.

This set has a bug that means 100% uptime on cooldown (least thats how its been explained to me, if anyone wants to correct me on this if its wrong).

Its pretty much why its preferred over Ravager, and will be preferred even more so with the changes coming to Rele come into play.

@Masel92 will you be updating this build for WH or MM at all? And your Sorc and Warden builds? (I'd be more interested in Sorc atm myself lol)
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's