Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggested Passive change for 1h and Shield

MAGISSCIEN
MAGISSCIEN
Soul Shriven
With the upcoming changes to weapon enchantments, which from what I can tell was mainly aimed at dual wield and not 1h and shield, I think there is an easy way to give the lost effectiveness back to tanks. Prior to this change I am pretty sure no one was saying tanks were broken so I see this as a welcome way to fix dual wield while not nerfing tanks.

Change to Sword and Board Passive

Current
Rank 1: Increases your Weapon Damage by 3% and the amount of damage you can block by 10%
Rank 2: Increases your Weapon Damage by 5% and the amount of damage you can block by 20%

New
Rank 1: Increases the effectiveness of weapon enchantments by 50% and the amount of damage you can block by 10%
Rank 2: Increases the effectiveness of weapon enchantments by 100% and the amount of damage you can block by 20%

This removes an arguably useless passive and replaces it with a useful one that addresses the nerf brought about by the recent change.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason, ZOS felt that sword + board users required a nerf to their enchant strength without any explanation. I assume they thought of solutions like the one you proposed and then for whatever reason dismissed it.

I understand the nerf to 1h weapons as far as dual wield is concerned. I'm still a bit puzzled why sword and board was hit as well and even more puzzled that we got no explanation why it was deemed necessary. I was not under the impression that sword and board enchants were overperforming and the side effect of forcing a 2 handed weapon of some sort on the back bar for full enchant effect feels odd even if many were already doing this for other reasons.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The passive isn't useless though. Many builds use snb as main damage in pvp and I don't see the point in getting nerfed to just be buffed back the way it currently is on live. I really don't see why snb just can't have full enchant strength too, or at least an increase since I thought it was changed because of dw, so not sure why snb builds have to be nerfed too.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have better idea. New enchantment glyph for shield only which gives +100% to weapon enchantment.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I love the change, because previously you could uptime crusher from both back bar and main bar, and another enchant from the other bar. In the same time it was some uncertainty as where to put it which annoyed me. Now all the uncertainty is gone, you should uptime it from your back bar, everyone should, and your Torug goes that bar opening up some options for sword and shield sets
    So personally I would not like for this passive to change, but I must admit the suggestion is very logical and obvious
    Rawr
  • citats
    citats
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just a nerf to tanks and dw, it's a nerf to a large number of builds that utilize enchantments in unique ways.

I've made a suggestion about a different solution in this https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459754/my-problem-with-the-enchantment-changes-and-solution thread which addresses the tank nerf as well as other important issues. Please check that one out as well.
    Edited by citats on February 20, 2019 6:14AM
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    No need to remove anything from
    Sword and shield passives just add this with out taking anything away thanks
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have better idea. New enchantment glyph for shield only which gives +100% to weapon enchantment.
    I don’t wanna lose my tri stat infused shield... just to receive a increase in enchantment ... so make it a passive that is just added on to an existing passive with out removing anything

It will be like nothing changed for tanks when nothing has to change
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t wanna lose my tri stat infused shield... just to receive a increase in enchantment ... so make it a passive that is just added on to an existing passive with out removing anything

It will be like nothing changed for tanks when nothing has to change

Hi devs .... can we do this next game update ?

I don’t want to use a staff as a tank and shouldn’t have to feel
    Pressured to by the community ...

Is sword andnboard necessary in both bars ? No

But that’s not the point I want to have the choice

I’m only asking you give us the options

Just make one of the sword and hoard passives that so long as both a 1 handed and shield is equipped the one handed weapons enchantment counts as double ...
    As said above no need to remover anything ...just add it thanks

• TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    S&B has been sufficiently nerfed over Elsweyr and Scalebreaker, and will never see the light of day as a mainbar henceforth (except maybe on sNB?).

Agreed that 100% enchant strength is a reasonable addition at this point.
    Edited by TheYKcid on August 6, 2019 10:04AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden