The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Capture the relic, Silver Leash, and Streak

• Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    CaliMade wrote: »
    Vajrak wrote: »
    Vajrak wrote: »
    I main a magplar currently...I don't have this problem at all, and don't even have the option of using streak....

Did you consider the possibility it's just you not knowing how to run a relic properly, utilizing LoS to your advantage, with tap-sprinting to get that initial space?

There are these things in the game called "roots" and "snares" that can stack endlessly and reduce your movement speed to zero. I know it's hard to not be condescending when you can purge off all these effects with a single button press, but let's be a little less quick to cry "L2P."

I agree with OP. Relic carries should be immune to pulls. I can't recall a time where I was pulled as the relic carrier, but I can see how that would get old quick.

Well lets see --- I'm not running purifying ritual nor ritual of ret on my bar, nor purge, as I don't have the stamina to utilize it consistently, as I am not running tri-stat food or tri-stat glyphs, no CP, so my stam pool is a little over 10k. Depending on the match and just how many opponents I see who are likely to have the stacking roots and snares and knowing I am going to be relic running, I will utilize one (or a combination) of the following:

Tri-pots so I can tap-sprint/roll/tap-sprint between cover (to break LoS)
    Unstable Core + tap-sprint to get out of range while they have to cc break to use one of the pull backs
    Destructive Reach to stun (Lightning staff)
    Aurora Javelin to knock the opponent backwards 8m, pushing them out of range to utilize the snares and pulls
    Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Namira's Rot, Blessed Thistle) -- 10.4s knock/disable immune, 15.7s major expedition, 7582 stamina restore on use (so get back what I lost for the first break/dodge)

These are just the options that I personally have, others can also make use of:
    Flame Reach, for the knockback to push them out of range
    good cover + disables of their own (Sorc can use Daedric Minefield, all mag can use Volcanic Rune---they can't snare you while knocked into the air)
    Psijic Undo>Precognition morph---breaks CC and lets you reset to your former position, and can be used while CC'd, so let them burn their resources on you and then you skip out back to where you were and keep jamming out
    Armor skills (Shuffle/Immovable)
    Shattering Prison behind you (yes, you can run backwards!) to snare them and then dodge-roll back to get out of range
    Defensive Rune (niche, but still viable)
    Purge (obvious)
    Cleansing Ritual morphs

Others are welcome to chime in at this point, but that list alone (the specific ones and other options) contains 15 counters to the issue the OP is having., 7 of which aren't class specific, and it isn't even all of the possible options from weapon, class, and guild choices.

So yes, that makes it a "Learn to Play" and "Git Gud" issue --- if you don't have the skill to utilize your counters to a tactic, and don't know how to utilize Line-of-Sight to get a clear run, or distraction from teammates, or communication and coordination to make it harder to snare/pull you -- then don't pick up the relic.

Whoa you are way too confident in your ignorance to how this game actually works.

i specifically said silver leash because i know i can get away from a mag dk using chains.

A stam blade for example, with a bow maybe can most definitely keep within range of me to keep me from cutting line of sight for any effective duration.

This right here is another problem with the forums. Why in defense of things do people assume ESO is black and white. why do you all get real game goofy when it comes to how random and uber-complex this game is. Its like people just forgot that Ice mag wardens run bgs with permaroot and snare strats, that templar who never stops pressing springs. and in this case a stambuild who just figured out that dawnbreaker is unavoidable after a silver leash pull.

Please stop with the “On Paper“ defense of things when commenting on a game thats played, guess what, not on paper.

One more thing about gamign forums in general

IF YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN SOMEONE PLAY YOU HAVE NO RIGHT OR PLACE TO TELL SOMEONE TO LEARN TO PLAY

Yes, on paper only, which is why I listed the ones I actually use, vs DKs, and Wardens. When your complaint is one that everyone else with some competence has learned to counter, that is a Learn-to-Play issue.
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    CaliMade wrote: »

IF YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN SOMEONE PLAY YOU HAVE NO RIGHT OR PLACE TO TELL SOMEONE TO LEARN TO PLAY

Damn, caps plus bold....
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...I honestly think making relic runners immune to pulls isn't a bad idea. If nothing else, it'd make the terrible relic games go faster.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub