The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can the badly spent crown be recovered?

joegall
joegall
Soul Shriven
Today I decided to buy an outfit slot. I thought it would unlock for all my characters ... but I was saddened when I realized that only for a character. For me, 750 crowns are many and I would like to cancel this bad expense and get them back. I prefer to buy more costumes or something else.
In a normal store it is usually possible to withdraw the item and get the money back.
is it possible to do it here too?
Thank

P.s. I'm sorry, but I'm forced to use google translator
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

ZOS likes $$$$$$$
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joegall wrote: »
    Today I decided to buy an outfit slot. I thought it would unlock for all my characters ... but I was saddened when I realized that only for a character. For me, 750 crowns are many and I would like to cancel this bad expense and get them back. I prefer to buy more costumes or something else.
    In a normal store it is usually possible to withdraw the item and get the money back.
    is it possible to do it here too?
    Thank

P.s. I'm sorry, but I'm forced to use google translator

Log a case to customer support. With your reason, and reply to the auto email you get. They have ALWAYS helped me with this type of stuff. They very good.

In particular if it doesn't say character bound on description i.e. Badly listed, its a no brainer to get it back.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • joegall
    joegall
    Soul Shriven
    Ah ok, now try. Thank
    Edited by joegall on February 17, 2019 10:38AM
  • joegall
    joegall
    Soul Shriven
    I tried to search and the only thing I found is this page:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27674/kw/crown lost

But I can not send my request.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I spent gems on an item I didn't actually mean to spend gems on. I had the item I wanted (Nocturnal statue) up in Preview and accidentally bought the one just below it on the list (some stupid gloves). I explained to customer service and they fixed it. I was so relieved and happy because I don't come by gems easily (and I really wanted that statue). I promised to be super careful in the future. Good luck, and be sure to explain.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joegall wrote: »
    I tried to search and the only thing I found is this page:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27674/kw/crown lost

But I can not send my request.

You don't need to search for a page in the Knowledgebase, that's to check if you can fix a problem or if you've misunderstood how something works.

Click on the Support link at the top of this page, then scroll down to the button which says Submit A Ticket, then follow the instructions it gives you.

You can read the main site in French or German if that's easier than English. In French that button says "Ouvrir une requête" (submit a request) instead of submit a ticket.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • joegall
    joegall
    Soul Shriven
    I could not figure out where it was, but thanks to you I understand now. Thank you.
    I've just sent it and see if I can do this grace.
  • joegall
    joegall
    Soul Shriven
    Update: they canceled the purchase and reimbursed the spent crowns. And all after 45 minutes from my request. Very kind.
    They told me that this time it went well, but the next time it will not be possible anymore.
    I'll be more careful!

I thank them for returning the crowns and also you users for help!
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they reimbursed the purchase for you. They really should just update that vague description!
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have also made a mistake purchase with crowns and had them refund me. You need to go and actually submit a ticket.
  • Bridges1120
    Bridges1120
    ✭✭
    Yeah, don't be afraid to log a ticket. When I first started playing I bought Vampirism, not wanting to wait and having the initial crowns to play with, assuming (having come from WoW) that I would get some sort of button that I'd be able to apply to the character I wanted it on. Except I'd bought it on a test character (again, brand new) named like.. Wargleblargle.

I hope they had a good chuckle as they read it all, but they refunded me the bite without a second question.

I've since had numerous really good experiences with customer support with various asks, I'm not sure what folks who had bad experiences were trying to get at this point because I haven't been told no yet when I mess up. Just be polite and have a positive attitude, that got me through a lot of Blizzard CS as well.