The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Capture the relic, Silver Leash, and Streak

CaliMade
CaliMade
✭✭✭✭
How is it balanced that Someone can Pull me up to 22 meters backward while i cant dash 15meters forward while holding the relic?

It was completely Impossible for me to return the relic to my own base because im being snared and rooted constantly , I run all triistat glyphs and have around 14k stam no cp, its not enough . by the time i cover 10 feet i get pulled 22meters back.I cant consistently block it as that is well beyond my stam pool seeing as i have to constantly dodge roll to get out of root spam.

I understand how problematic streak could be in this game mode so would it be possible to make it to where you can’t pull the relic holder?
Edited by CaliMade on February 17, 2019 2:30AM
XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS doesn’t care.
  • twofaced
    twofaced
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    ZoS doesn’t care.

You've got an typo in "doesn’t care about magsorc life"
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.o streak OP? How about we talk about counters already existing instead of neef Sorc.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    O.o streak OP? How about we talk about counters already existing instead of neef Sorc.

in a match like capture the relic, streak would proably be OP jeah.

overall I've to agree with OP, chaining the reliccarrier should be impossible, however thats prob hard to programm.
    It would end up in something like displacement immunity, but then you couldnt use dizzying swing, or dragonleap on him aswell :/
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete, wrong info
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on February 17, 2019 1:11PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete, wrong info
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on February 17, 2019 1:11PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just specially checked in all BG modes, everywhere chains and leashes are completely useless with 4.4 meters radius. I play other game or what? 0_o

Maybe Addons or something bugging your UI. It has 20M range.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    I just specially checked in all BG modes, everywhere chains and leashes are completely useless with 4.4 meters radius. I play other game or what? 0_o

Maybe Addons or something bugging your UI. It has 20M range.

I run only couple of addons, i.e. combat metrics and dressing room.. and in PVE it's 22m in tooltip, but in BG and there is that "reduced chain range" status so I remember trying to use chains and leashes long ago and stopped doing it cause they always grey unless you are in melee range. Probably bug, ok, i'll check and then write ticket to ZOS.

Ok checked again, it's working. Doesn't look like 20m, more like 15, but working. Thanks for the info, susmitds.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on February 17, 2019 1:10PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything is fine. If you Fox up Silver Leash for us I s2g. We worked really hard on getting the generic brand chains into the game for everyone who isn’t a dk. Don’t do this.

What you need to ask for is cc immunity. People should not be able to stack chain after chain after chain. Or leash after Leash after Leash. And they wouldn’t be able to if cc immunity actually worked.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CaliMade wrote: »
    How is it balanced that Someone can Pull me up to 22 meters backward while i cant dash 15meters forward while holding the relic?

It was completely Impossible for me to return the relic to my own base because im being snared and rooted constantly , I run all triistat glyphs and have around 14k stam no cp, its not enough . by the time i cover 10 feet i get pulled 22meters back.I cant consistently block it as that is well beyond my stam pool seeing as i have to constantly dodge roll to get out of root spam.

I understand how problematic streak could be in this game mode so would it be possible to make it to where you can’t pull the relic holder?

I can't even use cloak while carrying the Relic, madness!!

Edited by LordTareq on February 17, 2019 1:38PM
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sprinting is even better than streaking when it comes to carrying objectives (relics / scrolls) yet that is perfectly fine with ZOS.

Why is it better?
    1) You don't lose momentum
    2) You don't stun yourself
    3) You don't have to move in a straight line, thus can make use of LoS
    4) You can respond to incoming damage / CC since you are not having global cooldowns from moving
    5) You don't have ever increasing cost, rendering you Out of Magicka/Stamina after 30 meters
    6) I am probably missing something, but the above are already bad enough!
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Everything is fine. If you Fox up Silver Leash for us I s2g. We worked really hard on getting the generic brand chains into the game for everyone who isn’t a dk. Don’t do this.

What you need to ask for is cc immunity. People should not be able to stack chain after chain after chain. Or leash after Leash after Leash. And they wouldn’t be able to if cc immunity actually worked.

Not trying to take anything away just the whole concept is just wrong. how can i get from pointA to point B if I keep getting pulled back to point A on a class with no root or snare immunity in Elder Snares nRoots Online?

If i cant streak while relic holding you shouldn’t be able to pull me any distance in the opposite direction. Its impossible for a Mag Sorc to Relic run against a competent team.
    Edited by CaliMade on February 17, 2019 4:28PM
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

• LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i cant streak while relic holding you shouldn’t be able to pull me ay distance in the opposite direction. Its impossible for a Mag Sorc to Relic run against a competent team.

So, why not get someone to carry the relic who actually does have a toon suitable for that role?
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    If i cant streak while relic holding you shouldn’t be able to pull me ay distance in the opposite direction. Its impossible for a Mag Sorc to Relic run against a competent team.

So, why not get someone to carry the relic who actually does have a toon suitable for that role?

Should every class not be able to Complete a task as simple as returning a flag?
    that logic is flawed.

Not every one runs premade groups

Also, have you played ANY MP game with Randoms? you cant rely on teammates.

XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

• TheFamousMockingbird
    My 2 suggestions.

Pick up relic. Pop immovable+expedition potion.

Also Race Against Time psijic skill line. Try it.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should every class not be able to Complete a task as simple as returning a flag?
    that logic is flawed.

Actually, no. Not every class needs to be able to do everything identically well. My Nightblade tank will never be able to match the AOE utility of the Dragonknight tank with its super useful AOE root for example.

Also, you do have options to become a better relic carrier. There are non-class skills such as Forward Momentum from the 2-hander line or the Psijic skill Accelerate. Or use heavy armour + immovable.

I only ever do PUG battlegrounds.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs have been able to do that always. You have frinds there to protect you.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not trying to take anything away just the whole concept is just wrong. how can i get from pointA to point B if I keep getting pulled back to point A on a class with no root or snare immunity in Elder Snares nRoots Online?

If i cant streak while relic holding you shouldn’t be able to pull me any distance in the opposite direction. Its impossible for a Mag Sorc to Relic run against a competent team.

Cc immunity is not class based. Every one is supposed to be immune from further cc after being hit by one, that’s the cloud effect under your feet. You see it better when fighting npcs.

Now you know. The problem is not Leash, the problem is cc immunity not applying.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    i

Cc immunity is not class based. Every one is supposed to be immune from further cc after being hit by one, that’s the cloud effect under your feet. You see it better when fighting npcs.

Now you know. The problem is not Leash, the problem is cc immunity not applying.

you don’t understand my comment

as a magic build in no cp, while trying to return a relic you will be spmmed with roots and snares. this would not be an issue because they just halt your progress. forcing you to waste stam getting out of them. theres counter play here

the issue with chains and silver leash in this situation it the fact that no capable magsorc can possibly return a relic while being spammed with roots and snares then pulled back every 7 seconds.

that logic is flawed.

Actually, no. Not every class needs to be able to do everything identically well. My Nightblade tank will never be able to match the AOE utility of the Dragonknight tank with its super useful AOE root for example.

Also, you do have options to become a better relic carrier. There are non-class skills such as Forward Momentum from the 2-hander line or the Psijic skill Accelerate. Or use heavy armour + immovable.

I only ever do PUG battlegrounds.

its not doing things identically well it’s playing the objective and preforming the win condition. Yes there is a flaw in the system if every class cannot play the objective regardless of how easier or harder it is from one class to the next. relic running sould be possible on all characters, I dont have an issue with relic running being difficult as a mag sorc. When it becomes impossible is where the problem begins.

XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

• Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    I main a magplar currently...I don't have this problem at all, and don't even have the option of using streak....

Did you consider the possibility it's just you not knowing how to run a relic properly, utilizing LoS to your advantage, with tap-sprinting to get that initial space?
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essence of immovability potion
    Edited by CompM4s on February 18, 2019 3:58AM
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vajrak wrote: »
    I main a magplar currently...I don't have this problem at all, and don't even have the option of using streak....

Did you consider the possibility it's just you not knowing how to run a relic properly, utilizing LoS to your advantage, with tap-sprinting to get that initial space?

You do not seem to grasp the concept of balance.
    All of the above that you described can also be done by stamina builds. And on top of that they got the increased speed of sprinting - some speeds are insanely high and border on being game breaking in that you can no longer hit the sprinter b/c the game can not comprehend such speeds. So there is clearly a huge advantage in favor of stamina builds. It is thus imbalanced!
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the 15m of streak will become 45m in about 3 seconds. While silver leashes 22m has a 5 second downtime at the very least.
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    Because the 15m of streak will become 45m in about 3 seconds. While silver leashes 22m has a 5 second downtime at the very least.

It's not like sprint is much slower and a lot cheaper. You try to streak the entire distance between the 2 bases and you will be oom after 1/3 of the way, while the guy sprinting behind you will be a 90% stamina and only marginally slower. But over the whole distance they are definitely faster, more agile, can make better use of the terrain for LOS, can use abilities such as heals or dodges, and can reduce the cost via fear and CPs - non of these can be done with streak!

And keep in mind, the decision to not allow streak while carrying objects was not made with relics in mind, it was made with scrolls in mind, you know back in the days when NB bowtards ran faster than a full leveled mount and streakers!
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are these things in the game called "roots" and "snares" that can stack endlessly and reduce your movement speed to zero. I know it's hard to not be condescending when you can purge off all these effects with a single button press, but let's be a little less quick to cry "L2P."

I agree with OP. Relic carries should be immune to pulls. I can't recall a time where I was pulled as the relic carrier, but I can see how that would get old quick.
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭

There are these things in the game called "roots" and "snares" that can stack endlessly and reduce your movement speed to zero. I know it's hard to not be condescending when you can purge off all these effects with a single button press, but let's be a little less quick to cry "L2P."

I agree with OP. Relic carries should be immune to pulls. I can't recall a time where I was pulled as the relic carrier, but I can see how that would get old quick.

Well lets see --- I'm not running purifying ritual nor ritual of ret on my bar, nor purge, as I don't have the stamina to utilize it consistently, as I am not running tri-stat food or tri-stat glyphs, no CP, so my stam pool is a little over 10k. Depending on the match and just how many opponents I see who are likely to have the stacking roots and snares and knowing I am going to be relic running, I will utilize one (or a combination) of the following:

Tri-pots so I can tap-sprint/roll/tap-sprint between cover (to break LoS)
    Unstable Core + tap-sprint to get out of range while they have to cc break to use one of the pull backs
    Destructive Reach to stun (Lightning staff)
    Aurora Javelin to knock the opponent backwards 8m, pushing them out of range to utilize the snares and pulls
    Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Namira's Rot, Blessed Thistle) -- 10.4s knock/disable immune, 15.7s major expedition, 7582 stamina restore on use (so get back what I lost for the first break/dodge)

These are just the options that I personally have, others can also make use of:
    Flame Reach, for the knockback to push them out of range
    good cover + disables of their own (Sorc can use Daedric Minefield, all mag can use Volcanic Rune---they can't snare you while knocked into the air)
    Psijic Undo>Precognition morph---breaks CC and lets you reset to your former position, and can be used while CC'd, so let them burn their resources on you and then you skip out back to where you were and keep jamming out
    Armor skills (Shuffle/Immovable)
    Shattering Prison behind you (yes, you can run backwards!) to snare them and then dodge-roll back to get out of range
    Defensive Rune (niche, but still viable)
    Purge (obvious)
    Cleansing Ritual morphs

Others are welcome to chime in at this point, but that list alone (the specific ones and other options) contains 15 counters to the issue the OP is having., 7 of which aren't class specific, and it isn't even all of the possible options from weapon, class, and guild choices.

So yes, that makes it a "Learn to Play" and "Git Gud" issue --- if you don't have the skill to utilize your counters to a tactic, and don't know how to utilize Line-of-Sight to get a clear run, or distraction from teammates, or communication and coordination to make it harder to snare/pull you -- then don't pick up the relic.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chains/leash can go to hell
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭

i never said allow me to use streak

my final statement was to make it to where relic runners cant be pulled.

XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

• Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭

i never said allow me to use streak

my final statement was to make it to where relic runners cant be pulled.

OR...you could learn how to counter it, like every other relic runner.
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭

Well lets see --- I'm not running purifying ritual nor ritual of ret on my bar, nor purge, as I don't have the stamina to utilize it consistently, as I am not running tri-stat food or tri-stat glyphs, no CP, so my stam pool is a little over 10k. Depending on the match and just how many opponents I see who are likely to have the stacking roots and snares and knowing I am going to be relic running, I will utilize one (or a combination) of the following:

Tri-pots so I can tap-sprint/roll/tap-sprint between cover (to break LoS)
    Unstable Core + tap-sprint to get out of range while they have to cc break to use one of the pull backs
    Destructive Reach to stun (Lightning staff)
    Aurora Javelin to knock the opponent backwards 8m, pushing them out of range to utilize the snares and pulls
    Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Namira's Rot, Blessed Thistle) -- 10.4s knock/disable immune, 15.7s major expedition, 7582 stamina restore on use (so get back what I lost for the first break/dodge)

These are just the options that I personally have, others can also make use of:
    Flame Reach, for the knockback to push them out of range
    good cover + disables of their own (Sorc can use Daedric Minefield, all mag can use Volcanic Rune---they can't snare you while knocked into the air)
    Psijic Undo>Precognition morph---breaks CC and lets you reset to your former position, and can be used while CC'd, so let them burn their resources on you and then you skip out back to where you were and keep jamming out
    Armor skills (Shuffle/Immovable)
    Shattering Prison behind you (yes, you can run backwards!) to snare them and then dodge-roll back to get out of range
    Defensive Rune (niche, but still viable)
    Purge (obvious)
    Cleansing Ritual morphs

Others are welcome to chime in at this point, but that list alone (the specific ones and other options) contains 15 counters to the issue the OP is having., 7 of which aren't class specific, and it isn't even all of the possible options from weapon, class, and guild choices.

So yes, that makes it a "Learn to Play" and "Git Gud" issue --- if you don't have the skill to utilize your counters to a tactic, and don't know how to utilize Line-of-Sight to get a clear run, or distraction from teammates, or communication and coordination to make it harder to snare/pull you -- then don't pick up the relic.

Whoa you are way too confident in your ignorance to how this game actually works.

i specifically said silver leash because i know i can get away from a mag dk using chains.

A stam blade for example, with a bow maybe can most definitely keep within range of me to keep me from cutting line of sight for any effective duration.

This right here is another problem with the forums. Why in defense of things do people assume ESO is black and white. why do you all get real game goofy when it comes to how random and uber-complex this game is. Its like people just forgot that Ice mag wardens run bgs with permaroot and snare strats, that templar who never stops pressing springs. and in this case a stambuild who just figured out that dawnbreaker is unavoidable after a silver leash pull.

Please stop with the “On Paper“ defense of things when commenting on a game thats played, guess what, not on paper.

One more thing about gamign forums in general

IF YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN SOMEONE PLAY YOU HAVE NO RIGHT OR PLACE TO TELL SOMEONE TO LEARN TO PLAY

XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf