The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armor Weight Alteration Stations

Agrippa_Melchizedek
Agrippa_Melchizedek
Soul Shriven
I know I'm not the only one who has been frustrated with the inability to change my light chest to heavy or arrange my dropped gear set up in this way. People have just been wearing 1 heavy and 1 medium monster helm and shoulders for years because of this. Does anyone know if ZOS is planning on giving us the ability to change our gear weight anytime soon?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as we know, there are no plans to change the weight of dropped sets. Probably because the set pieces are chosen with that particular weight of armor involved as part of balancing each set.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as we know, there are no plans to change the weight of dropped sets. Probably because the set pieces are chosen with that particular weight of armor involved as part of balancing each set.

^This.^

Balancing would be a nightmare. ZOS could either take that up as a challenge ... or be resigned that it's too big of a hurdle.

However, if you use crafted sets you avoid the issue altogether.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry and weapon slots are an opportunity for a workaround, so if you really want to have a certain set, you can use it with a little extra effort.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • fxeconomisteb17_ESO
    This would be lovely. Screw "balance". Look where it got Destiny 2.
    "Is it true her wounds healed on their own ? Yes" No s***, at 75% health regen penalty!

I was a vampire like you, but then I took an idea to the head...
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^This.^

Balancing would be a nightmare. ZOS could either take that up as a challenge ... or be resigned that it's too big of a hurdle.

However, if you use crafted sets you avoid the issue altogether.

You can already get weapons and Jewelry to bypass the weight restrictions of a set.

All this will do is make a lot more sets accessible for those lacking the time to farm the desired weapons/jewelry/shields of a particular set of gear.

Don't really see the weight of a gear piece as being any different than traits gear pieces have, make use of the transmute station, allowing changing the weight of a gear piece cost transmute crystals, there are plenty of people who complain they have a lot in storage with nothing to spend them on.

Maybe even allow the changing of a piece of gears weight, to be done even if the character has not researched any of the traits, that way people who don't have any desire to research the traits can still make some use of their transmute crystals.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    You can already get weapons and Jewelry to bypass the weight restrictions of a set.

Agreed, but you’re missing the key point of players choosing another weight for the armor they slot ... which in some cases will break game balance.

For example, putting on medium Dreugh King Slayer would likely be OP when combined with the medium armor passives, CP, and other build components.

To be clear, I support this idea.

But, it will force ZOS to review every one of the 300+ gear sets in the game ... for balancing around the different armor weights. Which is not value-added time (time they could be working on new content).
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    It's one thing to magically change the trait of items through transmutation.

But IMO it would be a bit illogical and immersion-breaking if we basically could change which materials items where made from.

Hmm. Today I want my khakis to be made from plate armor instead. Just another day in Tamriel.
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »

Agreed, but you’re missing the key point of players choosing another weight for the armor they slot ... which in some cases will break game balance.

For example, putting on medium Dreugh King Slayer would likely be OP when combined with the medium armor passives, CP, and other build components.

To be clear, I support this idea.

But, it will force ZOS to review every one of the 300+ gear sets in the game ... for balancing around the different armor weights. Which is not value-added time (time they could be working on new content).

Agreed. I know the OP is only interested in taking a light set and making the chest piece heavy, but we all know that players will take an entire set, that is balanced around a particular armor weight's passives, and make something really unbalanced, as with your aforementioned example.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be nuts if you could change the weight of sets. Would drive PVPers out of their minds.
  • Agrippa_Melchizedek
    Agrippa_Melchizedek
    Soul Shriven
    Spearpoint wrote: »
    It's one thing to magically change the trait of items through transmutation.

But IMO it would be a bit illogical and immersion-breaking if we basically could change which materials items where made from.

Hmm. Today I want my khakis to be made from plate armor instead. Just another day in Tamriel.

I am currently carrying 29 Cold Fire on my back while fighting a Mag DK... Logic rules this game.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this.