The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

End-Game PvE Warden Main Tank Build by Liofa

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caught_doing_something_bad.jpg

So tanks will be using Polar Wind and Bird of Prey next patch?

Are we still using Ice Fortress? Or will it be Expansive Ice Cloak?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey @max_only !

It's too early to say anything. Let's see the patch go live first. Currently, there are insane ideas in my head that I am sure will work very nicely but it's all about the enchants and how they work. Can't say anything yet, sorry!
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liofa Was trying to get back into this game for a little bit as I can see NB tanks are still in a terrible spot but I was wondering if this build was still relevant or have there been significant changes?
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was trying to get back into this game for a little bit as I can see NB tanks are still in a terrible spot but I was wondering if this build was still relevant or have there been significant changes?

Hey!

Sadly, I don't have much time to prepare written guides but you can find my up to date builds on my Youtube channel. Just click here, it should take you there.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    Was trying to get back into this game for a little bit as I can see NB tanks are still in a terrible spot but I was wondering if this build was still relevant or have there been significant changes?

Hey!

Sadly, I don't have much time to prepare written guides but you can find my up to date builds on my Youtube channel. Just click here, it should take you there.

Thanks I checked it out!
  • WickidMexican
    WickidMexican
    ✭✭✭
    What sets would you recommend getting all together? I know priority ones are ebon, alkosh, and torugs. What about dragon, powerful assault, and galenwe?
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What sets would you recommend getting all together? I know priority ones are ebon, alkosh, and torugs. What about dragon, powerful assault, and galenwe?

Don't bother with Galenwe. Dragon and Powerful Assault are still good though.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't bother with Galenwe. Dragon and Powerful Assault are still good though.

Liofa, what do you think about ebon with new patch? Majority will be running blue food and with CP changes, health will be ~18k in such setup, so ebon looks like an over-HP.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Liofa, what do you think about ebon with new patch? Majority will be running blue food and with CP changes, health will be ~18k in such setup, so ebon looks like an over-HP.

We don't know who will run what food. Patch didn't hit live yet, meaning anything can happen. Also, the best setups reveal themselves a week or two after the patch drops, even though we have a general idea of what will happen. So I wouldn't rely on what we have now. Ebon might still be very strong, since it got buffed too. I don't think it will go anywhere to be honest. Health is always useful for everyone in the group.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We don't know who will run what food. Patch didn't hit live yet, meaning anything can happen. Also, the best setups reveal themselves a week or two after the patch drops, even though we have a general idea of what will happen. So I wouldn't rely on what we have now. Ebon might still be very strong, since it got buffed too. I don't think it will go anywhere to be honest. Health is always useful for everyone in the group.

Ok, thanks!
  • WickidMexican
    WickidMexican
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks now i just gotta get assault weapons and ill be done with that set.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throwing in my two cents on tanking, I do have to say I think they did a decent job with Wardens as far as tanking goes. For what they lack in pure 'oh crap' survivability vs a DK, they make up for in other ways with a lot of group utility or more interesting abilities. I've been trying to make my templar tank feel as solid as my Warden and it just comes up a bit short in harder content. Hoping they do a good job with Necromancers for tanking where even if they don't offer all the tools of one class, they make up for it in other ways. (And still hoping the same for other classes one day like my poor Nightblade tank from the first couple years of the game that feels bleh now).

I do think the hardest content feels more challenging on a Warden (and really even more so on other classes) than on a DK, but if you have a decent healer and solid dps it's fine. (And warning for new players: If you do not have a solid group - then any content an end game tank shows you will be much much harder for you. Any of us that have done a new HM dungeon run with our normal group vs. a pug group can tell you how much the team makes your job easier. So expect a challenge if you pug newer stuff a lot, even on a DK really. But as team skill ability goes down, the difference in classes for tanking rears its head a bit more. With that being said, I do think Warden is the best choice after DK if you want something different.)

Side-note: Does anyone else think its funny that we bother showing gear for tank builds? I mean, it's always Ebon/Alkosh/Warden for everything - maybe spice it up with a different boss head or Torug's if your group doesn't want the health. Just saying ZoS - gets a bit boring putting the same gear together for every tank. Not that end-game DPS don't have similar problems, but I do feel like I have a little more variety on my DPS builds, especially as when you go down in group meta level just a notch, the variety widens a lot for dps build gear setups, but everyone still expects the tank to have Ebon/Alkosh. Hope we get something good with Elswyr when they add more sets.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Kaisoul
    Kaisoul
    Soul Shriven
    Question for the open world mobs do you mainly kill them with 1h & shield or the lit staff? having a rough time trying to kill mobs in the open world with the tank setup.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaisoul wrote: »
    Question for the open world mobs do you mainly kill them with 1h & shield or the lit staff? having a rough time trying to kill mobs in the open world with the tank setup.

I use Bash Cancelling to kill them fast. Light Attack > Pierce Armour > Bash combo takes care of mobs fast and easy.