The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How are house slots affected by buying furnished vs unfurnished??

Strut6569
Strut6569
✭✭
I am not good at decorating! If I buy a furnished house does it decrease how may slots I have to add my own stuff??

Best Answers

• Spark
    Spark
    ✭✭✭
    It's just regular furniture in the house and all the pieces will count towards the cap. You can remove any pieces you don't want and it will release space.
    Answer ✓
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since all the houses have to be under the slot cap for players without ESO+, you can count on being able to add the other half if you do have the subscription (which doubles the limit).
    Answer ✓
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strut6569 wrote: »
    Another question:

I bought the Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret furnished. Can the furnishings from that "staple" house be moved to an unfurnished "classic" home (Sleek Creek House)??

Yes. In some houses I am using various items from other houses I bought furnished.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
    Answer ✓
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Another question:

I bought the Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret furnished. Can the furnishings from that "staple" house be moved to an unfurnished "classic" home (Sleek Creek House)??
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Awesome! Thank you!
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Another question! (Thanks for your patience!)

My Flaming Nix Garret shows (EHT) 51/100 slots filled. I tried to add a storage chest but can't because it exceeds my "collectible" limit. So what is my collectible limit? Is that the same as trophies? Where does the count show up in the housing editor?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should see a menu in the editor that looks something like this:
    yboz2mxxc3cd.png
    Special Collectible limit for Inn rooms is 2 if I recall correctly. Storage chests, mounts, pets and assistants like the banker and merchant count as special collectibles. Trophies are Collectible Furnishings.
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    I can't believe I missed that! It is in the "browse" screen, on the left side. I was so focused on the list box on the right that I completely missed it!

I'm embarrassed! :(

Thank you!

I am sure I will be back with more newbie questions.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Note that storage chests are actually collectible furnishings and not special collectibles. I have both assistants out in my Flaming Nix, as well as two storage chests (this is with ESO+).

Special collectibles are assistants, pets, mounts.

Collectible furnishings are storage chests/coffers, monster trophies/busts, and other furnishings such as the Vvardenfell map obtained from a quest in Morrowind, or the ESO+ free statuettes.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 15, 2019 7:01PM
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe:

Thank you for the clarification.
  • midnight_detox
    midnight_detox
    Soul Shriven
    ghastley wrote: »
    Since all the houses have to be under the slot cap for players without ESO+, you can count on being able to add the other half if you do have the subscription (which doubles the limit).

oh thank you for this! I never actually wondered until today & i've only bought 1 home fully furnished (snow globe) which i left as is and still never noticed LOL i just only added xmas things to it, & it was really to "borrow" furnishings for other homes. :P

Since the new Forgemaster falls is so cheap (was expecting it to cost near 13-16k crowns) i was expecting to spend a bit, so i figured i'd buy it fully furnished as it's only 1,600k more than it's original price of 6,200k. Now I only need to go ham on gardens and plants XD

Also i'll add that after buying this place fully furnished with ESO+ the amount of furnishings included was 158/600.
    PLENTY of space left! woot!