Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you use Stealth Detect in PVE

max_only
max_only
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Let me know if you use this.

Be it a potion, or a skill.

Edited by max_only on February 12, 2019 10:42PM
#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
#OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
|| CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom

Do you use Stealth Detect in PVE 423 votes

Yes I use stealth detect in PVE
11%
Gilvothkypranb14_ESOWuffyCeruleiShadowHvoBlackersidkCastanamerekojoutechnohicElsonsobottleofsyrupAce_SiNEdaphonKerinKorFrozenAnimalWolfDKAuricleDisgracefulMinddrakeos99TheValkyn 47 votes
No I don’t use stealth dectect in PVE
88%
moonsugar66Sorianarfennell_ESOsilvereyesBlueRavenvailjohn_ESOMoloch1514ItsMeToojsarthur_ESOjnjdun_ESOCaligamy_ESOSuddwrathDoctor_Zeussalexj4596b14_ESOWittychick42Tecandaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOotis67gimpdrb14_ESOSteveCampsOut 376 votes
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having inner light slotted but going unused doesn’t count because technically you aren’t using the stealth detect portion of that skill. You are using this part “While slotted, your Max Magicka is increased by 5% and you gain Major Prophecy, increasing your Spell Critical rating by 2191.” and any Mages Guild passives.
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm imagining a PVE guild playing hide and go seek
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes press the button to bar swap but it doesn't work then push the button for inner light thinking I'm on my back bar. Does that count?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Useless
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth detect in PVE is about as much use as T*Ts on Tarzan :smiley:
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guild did that once in Cheydinhal. It was a lot of fun although not well organized.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be useful in that one delve in CWC with the mobs in sneak... although the wandering lights just tend to do the job for us anyway. Just throw an AoE into where they are (generally there's one or two not in stealth and one hidden) and everything is revealed.

So... no. It really isn't that much needed for PvE.
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the H@#$ would you use it in PvE?
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always on the lookout for hidden threats.

What? I'm not paranoid. You're paranoid!
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, when I hit Inner Light by accident.

So it probably doesn't count. :D
    Although it happens more frequently than I'm prepared to admit.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only serious encounter in PVE I can think of where they might be useful is stage 9 of VMA where you have NB adds that will spawn, cloak and ambush you. To be honest, never tried one there. That said, I dont think they would really change much.

Detect pots are amazaballs in PVP, in PVE, pretty useless.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did use it. Then I got Arthritis in the knee.
    PS5 EU.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes i do, and it must be working perfectly, because have i never been attacked by anyone from stealth yet!
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a hardcore roleplayer. Even I draw lines sometimes. This is one of them. I don’t really PvP and steatlh detecth is totally useless outside of that. It’d make sense for some of my characters, sure, but it is pointless to have.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    yes i do, and it must be working perfectly, because have i never been attacked by anyone from stealth yet!
    Edaphon wrote: »

Danksta wrote: »
    I sometimes press the button to bar swap but it doesn't work then push the button for inner light thinking I'm on my back bar. Does that count?

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to right
    Here I am
    Stuck in combat with you!

Y’all.... smh
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course not.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Edaphon wrote: »

Danksta wrote: »

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to right
    Here I am
    Stuck in combat with you!

Y’all.... smh

Wish I could give 2 awesomes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This could be fun actually. I am thinking add it to one of larger houses like large bosmer to give a sense of hunt but with limits.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😅 I am hoping they live up to their promise making steath more active in gameplay.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't most AoE swell be it ground, cast on self or Cleave counter any cloaking or invis NPCs? (That would be in the exact place they were when you were last in the instance....)
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have inner light slotted but it is for the buffs not to use to detect. It also acts as a separator for my Ultimate key for those times my fingers forget where they are on the keyboard. I rather waste a bit of magicka than an Ultimate.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I occasionally hit inner light when i mess my rotation and this makes me look stupid. Same stupid as this new passive.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on February 13, 2019 12:35AM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't any reason to do so. This change to Wood Elves is confusing at best. Give them a worthless racial? Why?
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So those saying yes, none of them are deliberately using Stealth Detect, you’re just here to do me a consternation :s

doing-me-a-heckin-concern-frend-25284333.png
    Edited by max_only on February 13, 2019 2:56AM
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very rarely. I find myself casting Inner Light on mobs/bosses who use invisibility., if I even have it slotted at the time.
  • Robby94
    Robby94
    ✭✭✭
    theres no real use for it in pve, the only use i find is for pvp nightblades, its fun to see them try and re-cloak after being spotted
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robby94 wrote: »
    theres no real use for it in pve, the only use i find is for pvp nightblades, its fun to see them try and re-cloak after being spotted

But key difference is that you use detection skill which dispels cloak. Bosmer's passive doesn't dispel anything, it will just let you notice crouching enemy trying to get to you to melee range without using ambush or similar. I.e. it's useless even in PVP real combat in 99% of cases.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes because I could.

We all know that stealth detection is useless in PvE, so my response is the same as this very thread. A joke.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    I voted yes because I could.

We all know that stealth detection is useless in PvE, so my response is the same as this very thread. A joke.

No swit Naryu
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disappointing that in PVE there is no secret invisible artifacts and enemies that detection can be used on.

Or is there... :o

Edited by Red_Feather on February 13, 2019 1:45AM
This discussion has been closed.