Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jumping in PVP for free hit avoidance *bounce* *bounce* *bounce*

preedb16_ESO2
preedb16_ESO2
✭✭✭
Yeah, either make jumping during combat cost stamina or revert the stupid change that made hitboxes tiny.. I vote for the latter as I am having problems hitting stuff even in PVE now since that change.. And in PVP everyone are jumping constantly now because of hitboxes being so small it gives them a good chance to avoid being hit as whoever is attacking them has to keep the crosshair on them to be able to attack..
I don't even recall the change to hitboxes ever being in any patch notes.. Is ESO's next chapter going to be "The Elder Scrolls - CounterStrike", MMORPG first-person shooter.. ;)
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, either make jumping during combat cost stamina or revert the stupid change that made hitboxes tiny.. I vote for the latter as I am having problems hitting stuff even in PVE now since that change.. And in PVP everyone are jumping constantly now because of hitboxes being so small it gives them a good chance to avoid being hit as whoever is attacking them has to keep the crosshair on them to be able to attack..
    I don't even recall the change to hitboxes ever being in any patch notes.. Is ESO's next chapter going to be "The Elder Scrolls - CounterStrike", MMORPG first-person shooter.. ;)

Yeah get rid of more counter play and make it so that when you charge an attack everyone else slows down so you are guaranteed to hit. Well with roots and snares we already have something similar I guess lol.
    No honestly if you can’t hit your targets maybe you need a bigger screen or some classes bro. Also maybe you need a different setting cause your FPS or lag can make this harder too. Besides that I don’t see an issue with hitting people unless you run uppercut
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread again lol. I believe I’ve seen now about 3-5 cycles of it. Even started one myself back in the day. Thankfully ZOS didn’t listen.
    Edited by Vapirko on February 12, 2019 6:00AM
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ye nobody ever jumped in PvP until now, but now THEY are all doing it and exploiting broken mechanics. Pls ban zos, cba to understand game mechanics.
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Are you actually denying that players are jumping to avoid getting hit, and that the unannounced ninja change to hitboxes they pushed around Murkmire and the recent crazy increase of jumping players has no correlation?
    Why should there be a (silly) mechanic to avoid being hit that has no cost? It's a little like the old Evade that granted 25% chance to avoid hits, although not as high as 25% obviously.
    I personally don't have problems hitting people that jump, and aside the small avoidance they get, it looks really stupid..
    And yes, players have been jumping in PVP before, but its getting silly on astronomical levels lately.. :p When you're seeing an entire 20-man ballzerg bounce about you start to wonder...
    The hitboxes aren't that small(yet at least and I hope they don't get any smaller) that you can't counter the jumping simply by aiming a little higher than you're used to, the downside is that you lose a little of the overview but that can be adjusted somewhat by moving the camera position up a little..
    To me, its more of an annoyance in PVP, moreso than teabaggers.. :p
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you actually denying that players are jumping to avoid getting hit, and that the unannounced ninja change to hitboxes they pushed around Murkmire and the recent crazy increase of jumping players has no correlation?
    Why should there be a (silly) mechanic to avoid being hit that has no cost? It's a little like the old Evade that granted 25% chance to avoid hits, although not as high as 25% obviously.
    I personally don't have problems hitting people that jump, and aside the small avoidance they get, it looks really stupid..
    And yes, players have been jumping in PVP before, but its getting silly on astronomical levels lately.. :p When you're seeing an entire 20-man ballzerg bounce about you start to wonder...
    The hitboxes aren't that small(yet at least and I hope they don't get any smaller) that you can't counter the jumping simply by aiming a little higher than you're used to, the downside is that you lose a little of the overview but that can be adjusted somewhat by moving the camera position up a little..
    To me, its more of an annoyance in PVP, moreso than teabaggers.. :p

I hope you were talking about the old major evasion, which granted 15% to evade an attack...otherwise you must be playing another game.
    I recommend targeting your enemies belly instead of his feet to hit him, it may help. Normally you will even hit jumping players doing so, since you are still targeting the enemies hitbox.
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, if you read it more closely it does actually say "old Evade".. :)
    It's more of an annoyance in PVP, its more of a problem to me personally in PVE, since hitboxes are sometimes so high up especially on larger mobs/bosses that it gets hard to hit them, sometimes you have to tilt your view very high up.. And its also down to habit, it takes a bit getting used to playing with a different view than I am used to.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would highly recommend playing some KovaaK's FPS Aim Trainer, it improved my tracking and flickshots in ESO a lot.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, its been some 15+ years since my CounterStrike glory days and I'm too rusty atm to do 360-crystalfrags :p
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I jump. Not to annoy someone nor to avoid hits. As ranged class, mag sorc curse and reach/pulse range don't bug with terrain slopes, you are more accurate with jumps.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a veiled nerf sorc thread
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no problem killing people jumping around...I think its annoying and stupid...but it doesnt make killing them any harder.
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    This is a veiled nerf sorc thread

Sorcs are perfectly fine right now in non-CP, so are most magicka classes.. Its the stamina that are OP right now due to broken *** like troll king, earthgore and whatnot giving them better healing abilities than most magicka players wielding a RESTORATION staff(except templar/warden).. As a magblade main I really feel the pain after the removal of the upfront heal from Healing Ward.. Stamblades are alot more powerful now, being alot tankier, better heals and higher damage.. But I'm not giving up yet! :D
    On the other hand, the coming changes to Dunmer will let me swap to stamblade without even having to change race.. Incase I DO give up at some point :D
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt even realize this was an issue... Nerf it now!!!
    Edited by technohic on February 12, 2019 3:05PM
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ..how is this even possible? Playing with both eyes closed?

Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU