Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Race Change Tokens

• Leviticus_Aurelius
    bearbelly wrote: »
    @anadandy wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will we need to have "Any race any alliance" upgrade in order to change, let's say Nord into Khajiit with those tokens?

I would also like an official clarification for this - because I can already see the threads of people who don't realize race change != any race w/out that. And if they are alliance locked then it would be a nice gesture to discount the Adventurers Pack along with the Race/Name change tokens in the crown store.
    Thanks a lot for that!

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will we need to have "Any race any alliance" upgrade in order to change, let's say Nord into Khajiit with those tokens?

From what is being said, these tokens are no different from the ones currently in the game. You cannot bypass any locked restrictions with a token. You need to unlock the ability to use any race any alliance first

Except that "Any Race, Any Alliance" does not work on an existing character if you change their race.
    I've tried it.
    Alliance is still locked to what it was when the character was first created.

"Any Race, Any Alliance" only works on new characters, during the character creation process.

The way I look at this is there are many of us who did purchase the "Any Race, Any Alliance" bought it in order to play any race with any alliance. If you want to do the same maybe you should also purchase it. Asking for something and having ZOS give you what you asked for x3 is something to be grateful for. They did NOT have to do that, but in order to keep player base happy they chose to give out some tokens.

Would it really be fair to everyone who bought the upgrade to have it free? It doesnt cost much anyhow so if it is important to you just buy it.
  • CLiPPx
    CLiPPx
    ✭✭
    jim_1 wrote: »
    So how does this race change token and name change token work?

Do I put them in the inventory of my main character, an Altmer Templar, and select them? And then my screen changes to the Character Selection screen, and I can pick a different race, appearance, name? I get that I can't change my Templar to a Nightblade, but can I make my Altmer Templar a different race, and pick an appropriate sounding name for that race with one each of these tokens?

Finally, I checked my PS4 account, and I don't own the Any Race Any Alliance. So if I want to change my Altmer to anything other that a Bosmer or Khajiit, I have to buy the Adventure Pack from the crown store for 1,900 crowns (about $24.99 US for 3,000 crowns, since they don't sell crowns in 1,900 pack)?

The tokens are not something that would be in your inventory on any of your characters. The tokens are visible on your character selection screen in the bottom right hand corner (for PC, not sure if it's the same for console).

In order to use a token, be sure to have your desired character selected/highlighted and then you can click/select your desired token. You will then be prompted to confirm, and once confirmed you will be taken to the character creation screen.
    Edited by CLiPPx on February 10, 2019 6:15PM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The way I look at this is there are many of us who did purchase the "Any Race, Any Alliance" bought it in order to play any race with any alliance. If you want to do the same maybe you should also purchase it. Asking for something and having ZOS give you what you asked for x3 is something to be grateful for. They did NOT have to do that, but in order to keep player base happy they chose to give out some tokens.

Would it really be fair to everyone who bought the upgrade to have it free? It doesnt cost much anyhow so if it is important to you just buy it.

I'm not sure why I got tagged on this - but I never asked for it to be free.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

I'm not sure why I got tagged on this - but I never asked for it to be free.

Not sure why you did either. In the long run though, it being free isn't going to help those who have already max-level toons...
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

This works for me.

Hopefully it works for most players.
    PC/NA @GP323
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Pure awesomeness, thank you!
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just applauding here

great job Zeni, thanks =)
  • Kitsusan
    Kitsusan
    ✭✭
    Thank you, ZOS.

I will use these tokens wisely.

:)
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get on board with the "yay free stuff" response.

Systemic change modifies every toon.
    No in-game method to address/mitigate the changes by player.
    So fair assumption is simple: every toon deserves a race change option.

This is no different than offering 1g (i.e. free) Skill/Morph respecs when rebalancing skills.

ZOS, just offer a token for every toon in an account please. Or offer them for 1 crown ea during a 1-2 week limited time window.

Do the right thing please.
    Edited by protofeckless on February 11, 2019 2:43PM
  • Lakashi
    Lakashi
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks SOOO much! We all appreciate this so much!
  • Sparky_Sorc
    Sparky_Sorc
    ✭✭✭
    Great job ZOS!
    Thanks
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    @anadandy wrote: »

I would also like an official clarification for this - because I can already see the threads of people who don't realize race change != any race w/out that. And if they are alliance locked then it would be a nice gesture to discount the Adventurers Pack along with the Race/Name change tokens in the crown store.
    Thanks a lot for that!

From what is being said, these tokens are no different from the ones currently in the game. You cannot bypass any locked restrictions with a token. You need to unlock the ability to use any race any alliance first

Except that "Any Race, Any Alliance" does not work on an existing character if you change their race.
    I've tried it.
    Alliance is still locked to what it was when the character was first created.

"Any Race, Any Alliance" only works on new characters, during the character creation process.

I think the point is that some people don't care about alliance. They would be happy to have a character with no alliance. They just want to be able to swap to the race they want. They chose the race because they wanted the race and obviously don't care what alliance the character is in if they are annoyed by this technicality.

These players would happily accept their character being forced into the proper alliance when they use the race change token. The problem is that questing is also based on alliance, so the simple act of clearing their Cyrodiil data and changing their alliance is not enough.

As an owner of any race, any alliance, I also don't see the big deal of allowing the race change token to bypass that. Race change tokens are expensive, 3k crowns for a single one. That is hardly a workaround for the 'any race, any alliance'.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are only two ways this will be acceptable.

1. Give a race change token for every level 50 toon per account.

or

2. Make race changes free for a set period of time following patch day and keep the tokens.

The fact that you are giving a few out for free and then following with a sale of additional tokens on patch day perfectly demonstrates your motives on this one. It's a cash grab, and it's BS.
  • Arrille
    Arrille
    ✭✭
    kQXEkYJ0_jBKmajH0hlKQQcH03-ULLOn-36PNsP5TtE.gif?format=png8&s=8904a574663a4562d3d7ed18349e7404c2fb090c
    a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one
    Edited by Arrille on February 11, 2019 11:13PM
    "Welcome to Arrille's Tradehouse. I barter for goods or coin. I also have a small selection of spells for sale. No credit. You want a little advice? That's free. That's ALL that's free. Would you like to hear about our most popular potions? Our most popular scrolls?"
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a simple request. Can a simplistic description on the creation screen be added for each race to outline class passives so we dont have to go to outside resources to compare?
    Something like "class" gets bonus to stamina, health, damage, etc.
  • Mirage131
    Mirage131
    ✭✭✭
    Mirage131 wrote: »
    The 3 tokens being a slap on the face to half the community pisses me off a lot.

What bothers me even more is the selfishness of some of the people on here. The "It doesn't affect me so I don't care" aspect of it all. With the changes dropped in patch notes today I have 13 characters that need changed across pve and pvp. Obviously there are priorities among those, but that doesn't change the fact that 13 characters have to change to be optimized. Them giving 3 tokens to that is like tossing the crust of your sandwich to a homeless person. It's a little bit of nourishment but overall disrespectful and a *** move.

This is a cash grab. Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't make it ok. This should be a moment where the community comes together to tell Zos no, instead half of you are literally applauding them for their "graciousness". I don't get it. I never will.

I'm in standby mode until this patch goes live. If things drop as they stand now I, and many others, will be leaving the game. Thousands of dollars and hours down the drain for a very blatant cash grab.

Zos, do the right thing. Stand by your players. Stand by the people that have logged regardless of the game being plagued with issues. Have our back like we've had yours.

Lol. Talk about whiny and entitled. You can still play the game after the changes; you are choosing to make it a bigger deal that it is. ZOS is giving everyone 3 free tokens for race and name changes; that should be more than enough for most people. They should not have to cater to the most hardcore who are crying about minor changes.

I love how you label everyone else who don't see things your way as "selfish", though. Talk about selfish...

Whiney and entitled? I literally paid Zos to have 15 character slots. I built all 15 of my characters very carefully for pve and pvp. Then Zos decides to make completely unnecessary changes that mess up almost all of them and I'm not supposed to be mad? Even if this didn't affect me I'd be mad because this a blatant cash grab. You're not mad because it doesn't affect you. It cost Zos nothing to give every max level character a free race change, but it's going to cost me $25 per? How does that seem right? How can you justify not being mad? Because the this one doesn't affect you? Forget everyone that does end game content with multiple roles right? I'll continue to be whiney and entitled because it isn't right for companies to be able to do this. You'll continue to be a mediocre sheep.
  • killa_shroomz
    Do you have to have any race any alliance to actually change your race to whatever race you want? Or did they change that?
  • Rebyu
    Rebyu
    nice :)
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some real salt here ...I like it ^_^
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Fluke.Slywalker
    Fluke.Slywalker
    ✭✭✭
    Don't understand. Many people complained that the 1 free token wasn't enough, people also complained that they had named their toons in line with the lore/race that they had chosen.

Now there are 3 race and 3 name change token, to appease this mass uproar... Yet still "we" are not satisfied.

I think it's not often ZoS actually listen to whining and react, which they have done in this case. So all good IMO :)

• Grymmoire
    Grymmoire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although I appreciate the increased tokens, I made many avatars before the ARAA was released, then bought that package so I could make avatars with my preferred race in the different alliances where my Guild and friends decided to play and conduct their PvP. So, I began to change many avatars to match my Guild's play styles.

To date, I have spent way too much time remaking (7 of 15 so far) avatars and grinding back to level 50 and waiting 20 hours times 60 times 3 skill lines to level up mounts; retrieve all mage books; gain skyshards; level skills etc., etc; It is just too mind-numbing to consider doing it further.

Race\name tokens will do me and many no good if used on avatars that just remain in their original alliances unused.

Imho, it really seems time for inclusion of an alliance token or allowance after this roll-out, for a one-time alliance change per toon, to reduce the fatigue of remaking all our level 50 avatars and allowing us to get on with playing the full content.
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot, these tokens will be really helpful :)
    EU / NA / PC
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I said useless before, and I still mean it. The reason it's useless to me is because I have a stamina and magica version of each class, all in the BiS race options before the wrathstone update.

3 tokens is absolutely not enough, and to try and justify it being enough for someone like me who has almost the maximum of fully leveled characters who are all in BiS gear, and all used fairly equally to raid, is foolhardy at best. The discount needs to be a very deep discount in order for me to continue to justify playing a game that is becoming predatory in nature with the crown store and "balance" and how they intertwine with each other.
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much.
    Does anybody know the release date of 'Update 21'?
    Can't find it anywhere.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • SAMEASLEYb14_ESO
    so sad how this company has fallen so quick.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikkadir wrote: »
    Thank you so much.
    Can't find it anywhere.

February 25 I saw somewhere.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you that is very generous zos 💜🖒🖒🖒
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Rikkadir wrote: »
    Thank you so much.
    Can't find it anywhere.

February 25 I saw somewhere.

Thanks, Sylvermynx, found it now. :)
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dang, most games wouldn't even give one.. all hail daddy zos
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having a hard time being "thankful".. It still feel like this is a big FU to the pve players with 8 plus toons. Keep your tokens and shove them.

I'd rather the ability to reroll a toon and keep my achievements after deleting a toon. Or everything I earned on my Main goes account wide. These race change tokens don't help the players with a life. I work over 60 hours a week rotating days and nights.
    Edited by Fuzzybrick on February 18, 2019 4:19PM
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc