The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing

KMarble
KMarble
✭✭✭✭✭
On the patch notes released on Jan 21st, it was said that:

"
Fishing

Updated Bait names to specify the water type they are associated with. This is also reflected in the bait wheel when selecting which bait to use on a given fishing hole.
Fishing holes in the Clockwork City and Artaeum areas can now provide trophy fish when using any bait other than Simple Bait.
Fixed a rare issue where, despite feeling a tug on your fishing line, reeling it in would result in catching nothing. Now, whenever you reel in your fishing line after feeling it catch on something, you will always obtain something."

(Emphasis mine. And as a side note, the issue wasn't rare) I made up a char and went fishing, since someone had to try it out. I was planning on spending a few days trying to figure out the rate of furnishing drops, but I don't think it will be necessary. On my second hole I had the bug happened to me 3 times in a row. I was in Windhelm, fishing by the docks(?) using worms with no add ons active.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , please let the people in charge of this fix know that whatever they did is still not working. TIA.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need to nerf fishing
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross posted.

Update on furnishings drops. I finally managed to log into PTS, created a new char and went fishing. The bug/glitch happened on the very first hole, on the 3rd cast.

As a side note, the fish that I did catch were more random - I didn't notice the very boring pattern that is happening on the live server where I get 3 or 4 of the same fish before catching something else - so I guess there was some progress?

As a side note, on PTS I can acquire all the furnishing plans for the base game, at least. I "learnt" them all because...reasons. I noticed that there is a furnishing plan for 2 of the furnishing fish we get when fishing. Was this already a thing in game or is it new?

Again, I was fishing in Windhelm with no boosts and no addons. I'll try again today at different locations.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see fishing completely redone. There's fishing in a lot of games, but this game probably has the most boring system of them all.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    I'd like to see fishing completely redone. There's fishing in a lot of games, but this game probably has the most boring system of them all.

I can (kind of) understand why it's so simplistic - I suspect it's an after-thought; and why there isn't much improvement to it - very few people care to fish in the game.

I'm biased, though, as I use fishing as a means to unwind after content. Because of the way I use the fishing mini-game, I don't mind it being the way it is, tbh.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On topic: I went fishing on Elden Root yesterday and caught a blue furnishing (a medium fish IIRC). I didn't have one single "broken line" animation with that hole (the one at the lake near the outlaw refuge, facing the vendor).

I will keep on fishing on PTS, as time permits, and will try to fish at different locations and different types of water for as long as I can.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , please pass along my thanks to the person(s) responsible for fishing. It isn't completely fixed yet, but I can see that there was work done in the right direction.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we are on it, can you make it impossible to attempt fishing when your inventory is full? Nothing is more frustrating than catching the fish you were missing but then realising that your inventory is full and you need to release it again.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.