Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would this be a good build?

Stx
Stx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=117544

Magicka Templar that plays like a melee but also has some ranged damage. I would have liked to work in a few other healing spells but I cant decide what to get rid of from the build. Maybe drop entropy for another heal spell and use a potion for major sorcery? I don't know.

Burst combo of Purifying Light > Charge > soul assault > execute

Im still new so any advice on the build would be appriciated.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d swap war maiden for something like julianos or axiom personally if I was picking up a similar damage set.

Assuming this is a bg build? So, I’d take off toppling and put on wall of elements. You’re using an ice staff so take advantage of it. But if you need a gap closer by all means use one. Radiant oppression instead of radiant glory.

I’m not sure if those are the traits you’re going with but that staff should be nirn or infused. And I’d swap the well fitted piece for more beneficial traits.
    Impen, infused or at least study depending on the pieces of course.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah its a BG build. I had toppling for a CC mainly but closing gaps is also nice. Well fitted I had on there because dodging seems important. I had wanted to fit frost wall for the control somewhere but i wasnt sure what I wanted to lose. I thought the pen from sharpened would be nice in non CP but if infused would boost my damage more I will switch to that.

Thanks for the tips.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Yeah its a BG build. I had toppling for a CC mainly but closing gaps is also nice. Well fitted I had on there because dodging seems important. I had wanted to fit frost wall for the control somewhere but i wasnt sure what I wanted to lose. I thought the pen from sharpened would be nice in non CP but if infused would boost my damage more I will switch to that.

Thanks for the tips.

Last thing you really want to do if it’s not necessary, even more so in no cp. Magic characters are penalized more for having low stam. There’s mist form if you need mobility.

As far as pen you have way more than enough coming from elemental and light armor.

• MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your crit resistance is too low for a magplar that isn't using mist, and Blood Spawn doesn't have a high enough uptime to leave all your defense to it. I'd drop those Well-Fitted traits for Impenetrable, maybe Sturdy on the back bar. You should be limiting your sprinting and dodge rolling as a magplar to save your stamina for CC breaks. That 10% reduction to sprint and dodge roll isn't worth the mitigation you get from two Impen traits. Again, it has even more value to you because you aren't using an actual defensive set(Blood Spawn is more of an ult regen set) or mist.

Temporal Guard...Why? You don't have any source of Major Expedition in your build, so mostly you'll be using it to reset your stats when you're getting dogpiled. The problem is that if you remain in the same place after using Temporal guard while getting dogpiled, you're going to die anyways. You want to use Temporal Guard when you can put some distance between you and the enemy player(s), that's never going to be the case with your setup because your build doesn't have any mobility. Personally i'd just use Rememberance, a lot of healing for you and your team + Major Protection.

I'd drop Reflective Light, move Purifying Light to the back bar, and replace it with Inner Light. My reasoning for this is that you will have too many dots and buffs to keep up, it's going to get overwhelming and result in a less than ideal uptime for those dots and buffs. This is more of a personal preference though, or is it? I really don't think you're gonna have a good time trying to keep up with all that.

I'm assuming the Ice Staff was an honest mistake when you created the build?
    I’d swap war maiden for something like julianos or axiom personally if I was picking up a similar damage set.

I don't necessarily agree with that, but it could go either way depending on whether you want dmg or healing. The only reason to drop War Maiden's for any of those 2 sets is self healing, but at the cost of a considerable amount of damage. Axiom doesn't affect Soul Assault at all, and you'd be losing 129 spell damage. Julianos is a loss of 230 spell dmg on your magic dmg abilities, which is pretty much all of them.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stx wrote: »

Thanks for the tips.

Last thing you really want to do if it’s not necessary, even more so in no cp. Magic characters are penalized more for having low stam.

Very true.

Drop Witchmother's for tri food, and replace The Lord mundus with The Atronach. Just a suggestion.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Your crit resistance is too low for a magplar that isn't using mist, and Blood Spawn doesn't have a high enough uptime to leave all your defense to it. I'd drop those Well-Fitted traits for Impenetrable, maybe Sturdy on the back bar. You should be limiting your sprinting and dodge rolling as a magplar to save your stamina for CC breaks. That 10% reduction to sprint and dodge roll isn't worth the mitigation you get from two Impen traits. Again, it has even more value to you because you aren't using an actual defensive set(Blood Spawn is more of an ult regen set) or mist.

Temporal Guard...Why? You don't have any source of Major Expedition in your build, so mostly you'll be using it to reset your stats when you're getting dogpiled. The problem is that if you remain in the same place after using Temporal guard while getting dogpiled, you're going to die anyways. You want to use Temporal Guard when you can put some distance between you and the enemy player(s), that's never going to be the case with your setup because your build doesn't have any mobility. Personally i'd just use Rememberance, a lot of healing for you and your team + Major Protection.

I'd drop Reflective Light, move Purifying Light to the back bar, and replace it with Inner Light. My reasoning for this is that you will have too many dots and buffs to keep up, it's going to get overwhelming and result in a less than ideal uptime for those dots and buffs. This is more of a personal preference though, or is it? I really don't think you're gonna have a good time trying to keep up with all that.

I don't necessarily agree with that, but it could go either way depending on whether you want dmg or healing. The only reason to drop War Maiden's for any of those 2 sets is self healing, but at the cost of a considerable amount of damage. Axiom doesn't affect Soul Assault at all, and you'd be losing 129 spell damage. Julianos is a loss of 230 spell dmg on your magic dmg abilities, which is pretty much all of them.

Thank you for the advice.

Ice staff wasn't a mistake I just wanted elemental drain for regen/pen but couldn't find space for frost wall and I figured put of all the status effects I would want from light/heavy chilled would be best.

Temporal guard is there just for minor protection. My theory was when I needed a heal I would swap to back bar, hit ritual to cleanse defile then pop off a few honor the deads, and gain passive defense from minor protection and the shield from blocking with a psijic skill slotted.

Your point about keeping up buffs makes sense, I could use inner light instead.

I currently play a stamina templar in BGs and I love it, so when I made this build I tried to mirror the playstyle but with magicka abilities, but I dont have real magicka play experience.

Again, thanks. I'm leveling a breton templar and I just have fun making builds at work.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Personally wouldn’t wear any of those damage sets, but I’d rather have damage and healing boosted instead of just damage. I also said personally, meaning it’s what I’d choose.